Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Yes he's older but would still take him, however no way would he join a team in Ropey League

OmarUnited4ever

Assuming Barca pull off Lewa's transfer somehow.

Would Barca, as presently constructed (including Kessei & Christensen, and assuming De Jong & Dembele stay), challenge Real, as presently constructed, in La Liga?

For me, if you add Lewa to Barca's attack, he would definitely elevate them and possibly make them La Liga contender beside Real Madrid.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Would Barca, as presently constructed (including Kessei & Christensen, and assuming De Jong & Dembele stay), challenge Real, as presently constructed, in La Liga?

For me, if you add Lewa to Barca's attack, he would definitely elevate them and possibly make them La Liga contender beside Real Madrid.
Contender at the very least IMO, but I wouldn't be surprised if they became champion with that squad, assuming Dembele remains fit along with Fati.

OmarUnited4ever

Contender at the very least IMO, but I wouldn't be surprised if they became champion with that squad, assuming Dembele remains fit along with Fati.
There is also Torres & Auba too, but yes, if Dembele & Fati stay fit, a front 3 of Lewa, Demble & Fati is quite good on paper

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
There is also Torres & Auba too, but yes, if Dembele & Fati stay fit, a front 3 of Lewa, Demble & Fati is quite good on paper
The team struggled to find payment for playing staffs won't win anything. They want to reduce their salary and can't expect players to play to their full potential.Players didn't sign for this low wages. It will damage their team ethos more.

New players with full wages and previously signed players on reduced wages. That won't lead them to title but out of top 4 in my honest opinion.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

How many goals will he get in La Liga??

I say he'll get 30 atleast.

FatTails

I wonder if they structured the deal where they pay him progressively more every year? How are players not suspicious now about Barca’s immediate and short term prospects?

Rolaholic

A club who aren't able to register new players up to now are paying €50m for a 34 year old and unveiling a player when the deal hasn’t gone through yet...

I don’t know how they do it but fair play :lol:

The documentaries and legal cases around this period in a few years will be box office

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
€60m upfront for Raphina.
€45m upfront for Lewa.
€5m in wages for Christensen.
€5m in wages for Kessie.
€10-15m in wages for Lewa.

That’s anywhere between €125-130m in one summer when they don’t want to pay their own player €17m in wages and prolly millions of € to other players who took pay cuts. Jeez. I don’t think any club could continue to operate like this. Such feckery is amazing.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm glad it's over.

And I hope de Jong stays (sorry United fans) and Barca cannot register all their new players. :)

gorky_utd

Box office club barca. Don't want to pay wages to existing players but want to sign everyone.

RedStarUnited

With everything going on there, Lewa still forced Bayern to let him go there.

its clearly not about money as in sure Chelsea and anyone else would have matched his pay.

The pull Barca and Madrid have is crazy. Unmatched.

arthurka

After seeing this Spotify logo on the Barca kit I am renewing to my Deezer subscription.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It's easy spending other people's money. Easy
The other day you asked me why I said I’d be absolutely made up if Barca went bankrupt.

Hopefully the last 48 hours (sort Dembele contract, buy Raphinha, buy Lewandowski …. but tell de Jong to feck off so they can avoid paying what he’s due) makes it more obvious?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If I'm Frenkie De Jong, I stay put and give a big middle finger to the board members.

arthurka

The other day you asked me why I said I’d be absolutely made up if Barca went bankrupt.

Hopefully the last 48 hours (sort Dembele contract, buy Raphinha, buy Lewandowski …. but tell de Jong to feck off so they can avoid paying what he’s due) makes it more obvious?
:lol:

No mate you were absolutely spot on, I stand corrected. Bunch of bent cnuts.

MrEleson

With everything going on there, Lewa still forced Bayern to let him go there.

its clearly not about money as in sure Chelsea and anyone else would have matched his pay.

The pull Barca and Madrid have is crazy. Unmatched.
Yep. Especially Madrid still.

reelworld

I'm glad it's over.

And I hope de Jong stays (sorry United fans) and Barca cannot register all their new players. :)
Yeah, the fact that if de Jong don't come would hurt Barca is the only thing that would sooth the pain :lol:
Also I'm confident that if it comes to that ten Hag would make it work with other players.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
They must be 100% confident of shipping out De Jong to United because they have Kessie, Christensen, Raphinha and Lewandowski all waiting to be registered.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Still don't see this speeding up De Jong deal because of the complexities involved, they truly are taking the piss with all these signings
They simply need to reach a financial settle ment with him. He’ll either accept to receive the 17m over the next two to three seasons while he’s playing for United or they’ll reach a pay off settlement with him that he can accept. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s less than the 17 but at least 10. It’s all down to money at the end of the day. At some point it’s diminishing returns for everyone. Barca need to register the players, United need to incorporate De Jong and De Jong will want to be settled at his new club in a World Cup year. I’m pretty sure a compromise/settlement will be reached soon. It just depends who flinches first.

croadyman

They simply need to reach a financial settle ment with him. He’ll either accept to receive the 17m over the next two to three seasons while he’s playing for United or they’ll reach a pay off settlement with him that he can accept. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s less than the 17 but at least 10. It’s all down to money at the end of the day. At some point it’s diminishing returns for everyone. Barca need to register the players, United need to incorporate De Jong and De Jong will want to be settled at his new club in a World Cup year. I’m pretty sure a compromise/settlement will be reached soon. It just depends who flinches first.
Well when he gets on that plane today can forget him being signed in time for Brighton, hell even scousers looks a long shot

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
United could become the most beloved club in the world by walking out the FdJ deal and bankrupt these feckers.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
No matter how good he is (very), I still maintain that 50m is an insane price to pay for a player who turns 34 next month. It’s doubly insane when the buying club in question has serious economic issues. I would assume the contract is for at least 3 seasons (tbd), and the wages substantial. It’s the sort of imprudence that has Barcelona in this mess in the first place. Assuming a conservative salary for a player of his calibre is $250k a week, and assuming he signs for 3 years. You are looking at a cost, with amortisation, of 30m a season. If he’s only there for 2 seasons, that escalates to over 38m a season. Will no realistic expectation of resale value. That’s before we take into account intangibles, such as the possibility of a rapid performance decline or injury prevalence due to age.

He’s a superb player, but at his age not one I’d make a huge financial outlay on. Bayern were going to have to replace him, in alll likelihood, within 12-24 months. That’s been brought forward against their expectations, but slightly longer term, this is a great deal for them.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
€60m upfront for Raphina.
€45m upfront for Lewa.
€5m in wages for Christensen.
€5m in wages for Kessie.
€10-15m in wages for Lewa.

That’s anywhere between €125-130m in one summer when they don’t want to pay their own player €17m in wages and prolly millions of € to other players who took pay cuts. Jeez. I don’t think any club could continue to operate like this. Such feckery is amazing.
I find this totally ridiculous too. What a joke of a club. If I were FDJ I wouldn't want to stay there for a minute.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
[
No matter how good he is (very), I still maintain that 50m is an insane price to pay for a player who turns 34 next month. It’s doubly insane when the buying club in question has serious economic issues. I would assume the contract is for at least 3 seasons (tbd), and the wages substantial. It’s the sort of imprudence that has Barcelona in this mess in the first place. Assuming a conservative salary for a player of his calibre is $250k a week, and assuming he signs for 3 years. You are looking at a cost, with amortisation, of 30m a season. If he’s only there for 2 seasons, that escalates to over 38m a season. Will no realistic expectation of resale value. That’s before we take into account intangibles, such as the possibility of a rapid performance decline or injury prevalence due to age.

He’s a superb player, but at his age not one I’d make a huge financial outlay on. Bayern were going to have to replace him, in alll likelihood, within 12-24 months. That’s been brought forward against their expectations, but slightly longer term, this is a great deal for them.
Lewa is on 22 Mio annually at Bayern, so they say. that is more like 500 a week. he may accept a little less, doubt he'll do it for half that.
No sign Bayern is in a rush to replace him. Nagelsmann prefers a versatile attack formation and has the players to do that. supposedly that is part of why Lewa wa s unhappy last season, because Nagelsm ann was unwilling to tailor his tactics toward him. That also explains why Bayern wont consider CR7. Bayern will play this season without a true 9 and see how that goes.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
[

Lewa is on 22 Mio annually at Bayern, so they say. that is more like 500 a week. he may accept a little less, doubt he'll do it for half that.
No sign Bayern is in a rush to replace him. Nagelsmann prefers a versatile attack formation and has the players to do that. supposedly that is part of why Lewa wa s unhappy last season, because Nagelsm ann was unwilling to tailor his tactics toward him. That also explains why Bayern wont consider CR7. Bayern will play this season without a true 9 and see how that goes.
That’s even worse then. On a 3 year that puts the annual cost at 38m for Barca and on a 2 year 47m. For a 34 year old. Great player but that’s financial madness for a club with serious liquidity issues.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern were going to have to replace him, in alll likelihood, within 12-24 months. That’s been brought forward against their expectations, but slightly longer term, this is a great deal for them.
Absolutely. This is basically half the money for a replacement signing already.

[Lewa is on 22 Mio annually at Bayern, so they say. that is more like 500 a week. he may accept a little less, doubt he'll do it for half that.
We can always throw in Eric, if need be. And who knows, Zirkzee might come good for us. If it doesn't all work out, we can still go for Kane next year.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
United could become the most beloved club in the world by walking out the FdJ deal and bankrupt these feckers.
Supposedly Chelsea are interested, he could possibly go there, and Barca carry on as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.