Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveskimufc

Barca are amazing.

You can still see thr appeal of the club of course, but surely these players can see sense.

They wouldn't pay Messi, the CANT pay de Jong and are making him seem unreasonable, half the squad have had to take wage cuts, they still can't register the free transfers they've made recently. Why would you go there?

Swordsman

Barca are amazing.

You can still see thr appeal of the club of course, but surely these players can see sense.

They wouldn't pay Messi, the CANT pay de Jong and are making him seem unreasonable, half the squad have had to take wage cuts, they still can't register the free transfers they've made recently. Why would you go there?
the bad boy attract pretty girls appeal.

CM

It's insane that a team who couldn't even register Kessie and Christiansen are spending well over £100m on Raphinha and Lewandowski. They deserve everything they have coming to them.

UpWithRivers

Its not just that they are blowing money. Its how they manage to negotiate sales like they are in the power position. You would think that United could just say 60 mill for De Jong, decide by Tuesday or we pull out. But no, Barca are still playing silly buggers. How? Im beginning to think that they are not as bad off as the papers make you believe. Sure they are in massive debt but they must think they are ok with all those levers they are pulling.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
€45m + €5m for a 34yo with one year left? Thank you, I‘ll gladly take it.
A four year deal for probably €20m p.a.? I think Lewandowski takes that as well.

Mané, Gnabry, Coman, Sané, Müller, Musiala, Zirkzee, Choupo-Moting…
Bayern will make it work.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Its not just that they are blowing money. Its how they manage to negotiate sales like they are in the power position. You would think that United could just say 60 mill for De Jong, decide by Tuesday or we pull out. But no, Barca are still playing silly buggers. How? Im beginning to think that they are not as bad off as the papers make you believe. Sure they are in massive debt but they must think they are ok with all those levers they are pulling.
It seems nobody here really understands what Barca's real problem is. Barcelona is the most attractive team in La Liga. That's a fact not an opinion, 14 out of the 20 most watched games last season, which was the worst Barca season in 20 years, were Barca Games. That's why it's easy for Barca to get credit because it generates a lot of money. The problem with wages is not the money itself but La Liga's regulations that start limiting you if you go beyond 70% of your budget in salaries.
What we are doing is risky because if we are not a top team again we will be in a worse situation in a couple of years. But if we are back winning titles and trashing Real Madrid constantly we could go back to 1 billion revenue and then pay back the credits.
It amazes me how players like Kessié, Christensen, Raphina and Lewandovsky still choose Barca over other options despite not being the ones able to pay the most anymore. But like I said, despite our shitty season and Messi leaving our Games were still more viewed that Real Madrid's.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
It seems nobody here really understands what Barca's real problem is. Barcelona is the most attractive team in La Liga. That's a fact not an opinion, 14 out of the 20 most watched games last season, which was the worst Barca season in 20 years, were Barca Games. That's why it's easy for Barca to get credit because it generates a lot of money. The problem with wages is not the money itself but La Liga's regulations that start limiting you if you go beyond 70% of your budget in salaries.
What we are doing is risky because if we are not a top team again we will be in a worse situation in a couple of years. But if we are back winning titles and trashing Real Madrid constantly we could go back to 1 billion revenue and then pay back the credits.
It amazes me how players like Kessié, Christensen, Raphina and Lewandovsky still choose Barca over other options despite not being the ones able to pay the most anymore. But like I said, despite our shitty season and Messi leaving our Games were still more viewed that Real Madrid's.
I honestly think that Laporta overstated Barca’s financial issues to get the likes to FDJ, Pique etc to defer their wages. It is also a perfect excuse to get messi off the books and not incur Bar a’s fans hate. In a way he is just clearing up Barto’a mess, but the way he is doing it is leaving a bad taste.
That said, with the revenue stream Barca had for the past few years before Covid, I don’t understand the doom and gloom people predict for them here, even if they sold away some rights for some short term liquidity

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder if Barca have been given some sort of guarantee by La Liga.

Maybe some bribery and or blackmail going on

Dannn411

Watch Barcelona register all these players, pay De Jong his deferred wage and keep every single key squad player currently with them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

As per Romano it's 9 million net, not bad. Wonder how much is his "take home" wages.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Amazing player, if Barcelona keep their shit together he can do great in the league.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I honestly think that Laporta overstated Barca’s financial issues to get the likes to FDJ, Pique etc to defer their wages. It is also a perfect excuse to get messi off the books and not incur Bar a’s fans hate. In a way he is just clearing up Barto’a mess, but the way he is doing it is leaving a bad taste.
That said, with the revenue stream Barca had for the past few years before Covid, I don’t understand the doom and gloom people predict for them here, even if they sold away some rights for some short term liquidity
What you said is exactly what I thought about Laporta. I think he could have renewed Messi if he had used the levers then. But then a lot of that money would have been used to pay Messi's huge salary and he wanted to reduce the wage bill as a whole. Not using the levers then and stating that the clubs was in a horrible financial situation was his way of getting rid of Messi's salary without suffering the Full backlash of the fans.
Now we got Lewandovsky for 9 million a year which is less than 20% of what Messi earned.
Laporta is much more clever than he seems. No wonder he did the marvels he did with the club between 2003-2010. Not only building the best team ever but taking the club from being 17th in revenue in 2003 to 2nd in 2010.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What you said is exactly what I thought about Laporta. I think he could have renewed Messi if he had used the levers then. But then a lot of that money would have been used to pay Messi's huge salary and he wanted to reduce the wage bill as a whole. Not using the levers then and stating that the clubs was in a horrible financial situation was his way of getting rid of Messi's salary without suffering the Full backlash of the fans.
Now we got Lewandovsky for 9 million a year which is less than 20% of what Messi earned.
Laporta is much more clever than he seems. No wonder he did the marvels he did with the club between 2003-2010. Not only building the best team ever but taking the club from being 17th in revenue in 2003 to 2nd in 2010.
He is clever and he took the club presidency in a similar situation in 2003.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wonder when they'll suggest his first wage deferral to him?

BerryBerryShrew

Fati...... lewendowski....torres
Rafina...aubamyang....dembele
Plus depay

There is a hell of lot of wages to defer there

Should stick a cheeky bid in for fati
No thanks. We've already got one Fati that we can't keep fit at left back without adding another one at left wing.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
€45m + €5m for a 34yo with one year left? Thank you, I‘ll gladly take it.
A four year deal for probably €20m p.a.? I think Lewandowski takes that as well.

Mané, Gnabry, Coman, Sané, Müller, Musiala, Zirkzee, Choupo-Moting…
Bayern will make it work.
It’s an incredible deal for Bayern.

NewYorkRed

This barca team is actually looking pretty scary right now. Forward options are up there with the best in the world, especially if Fati is who we think he will be. Pedri is a baller in the middle. Gavi looks the real deal. Defense could use some work although that Araujo guy (not sure I spelled that right) looks decent. World class goalie too.

Madrid and barca are both back. I gotta say I thought it would take longer.

lsd

The Oracle

Yes I completely understand why players want to go there is I were in their shoes I'd be on the first plane and I'm not even a fan of the club.

To play for Real or Barcelona living in that culture it's the dream no matter what others might think

mu4c_20le

This barca team is actually looking pretty scary right now. Forward options are up there with the best in the world, especially if Fati is who we think he will be. Pedri is a baller in the middle. Gavi looks the real deal. Defense could use some work although that Araujo guy (not sure I spelled that right) looks decent. World class goalie too.

Still think these are band aid temporary solutions. Aubameyang is still there so that's a combined half a million per week for the two strikers. They should have gone for Tchouameni to replace Busquets, who I read is their highest paid player. Madrid are in a much better position for the future, barca are gambling theirs with expensive aging ones.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

A lot of star names until they got bankrupt since they don't know how to manage their finances, yeah.

Even still though. Its not that great. Lewandowski is a very different player at this point. Raphinha isnt any better than dembele. Gavi and fati are young and very far from top players at this point. Their defence is non existent as a team. Not sure how you can claim they are back, theyre spending a ton on short term band aids and on players they don't actually need. They have Memphis, auba and Lewandowski now. You can literally only play one of those 3 at a time, and he never gets subbed.

I don't see them having a very good season tbh. Madrid is far ahead and actually know how to build a squad and manage their finances.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Still think these are band aid temporary solutions. Aubameyang is still there so that's a combined half a million per week for the two strikers. They should have gone for Tchouameni to replace Busquets, who I read is their highest paid player. Madrid are in a much better position for the future, barca are gambling theirs with expensive aging ones.
Most of the best players Barca have are very young ones like Pedri, Gavi, Ansu Fati and Araújo. Raphina, Dembelé, Kessié and Christensen aren't old either. So basically barca is "gambling its future with expensive aging players" for getting Lewandovsky to play as CF while Real Madrid looks much better with a CF who is actually one year older...
Btw Xavi wants to try 20 year old Nico in Busquets' position.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Most of the best players Barca have are very young ones like Pedri, Gavi, Ansu Fati and Araújo. Raphina, Dembelé, Kessié and Christensen aren't old either. So basically barca is "gambling its future with expensive aging players" for getting Lewandovsky to play as CF while Real Madrid looks much better with a CF who is actually one year older...
Btw Xavi wants to try 20 year old Nico in Busquets' position.

cabbs1989

I disagree can you see Barca doing anything against the likes of city Bayern or Liverpool no chance, there are still years away, real are in a better position but when benz declines they will need a new striker

DevilRed

Insane money to spend on someone at that age.

While he is a terrific player who probably can play on till he is 38-40, I just don't get why barcelona of all teams would be in a position to spend that kind of money on his transfer fee AND wages.

You'd think they would need to target youth to build for something into the future. If they even have one at the rate they are going..

OpenIntrovert

Insane money to spend on someone at that age.

While he is a terrific player who probably can play on till he is 38-40, I just don't get why barcelona of all teams would be in a position to spend that kind of money on his transfer fee AND wages.

You'd think they would need to target youth to build for something into the future. If they even have one at the rate they are going..
Making a statement. Laporta took over last season and he needs to do something to show that Barcelona (and him) are back in business amongst the elite.

As for Xavi, he wants a CF who is capable of holding up play and bring in both forwards from the flanks while also being intelligent in his movement as well finishing the final passes. Concurrently, he will prove a good combination with Aubemeyang where Xavi can switch formations to have 2 up front and a 5 man midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.