Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavern in the town

We do seem to love signing players in their 30s who we should’ve signed years before. This is the striker we should’ve signed instead of Van Persie as much as he’s my favourite footballer ever.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's never gonna come to United while they're playing the Europa. He won't sacrifice CL games.

In terms of selfishness, greed and personal goals he's just like Ronaldo.

His plan B is Chelsea but seems like the Barcelona move might actually happen soon.

Tuchel is very keen on signing him and wanted him instead of Lukaku last summer too.

Rake

Don't want... Will have to pay 50mil EUR for him, offer very high wages and have the same striker issue in 1-2 years time.

Waynne

No. Please no.

Gimme 'em young and hungry. We need to build a young team/culture for the future, not a retirement home.

Chicharo

No. Please no.

Gimme 'em young and hungry. We need to build a young team/culture for the future, not a retirement home.
Yes, but we can't rely only on prospects, we need players who can give us an opportunity to fight for the Top 4 immediately (plus maybe a domestic cup) and EL. That way we will be able to attract more players next summer, sort out our midfield and defense and go for a top class forward player. Lewa would simply buy us some time
That being said, I don't think there is a slightest possibility we will buy him

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
No. Please no.

I mean, Lewandowski is extremely hungry and driven.

Bestie07

Yes, but we can't rely only on prospects, we need players who can give us an opportunity to fight for the Top 4 immediately (plus maybe a domestic cup) and EL. That way we will be able to attract more players next summer, sort out our midfield and defense and go for a top class forward player. Lewa would simply buy us some time
That being said, I don't think there is a slightest possibility we will buy him
You don't buy Lewandowski to fight for top four.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I really hope that this is what Brazzo told Barca :lol:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
So, is he staying or leaving??

The rumours seem to have cooled down lately.

Ladron de redcafe

He wants that balon d'or, that's not happening without CL.
That's his number 1 goal as well as extending his golden boot count and cementing himself as arguably the best pure number 9 of this era.

He and Suarez have 2 each and Lewandowski has racked up the last two while Suarez is done winning.

Moreover, he isn't just about goals. Since 2017-2018, in the top 5 leagues, here are the players with the most goal contributions:

5- Immobile: 159 goals/assists
4- Mbappé 167 goals/assists
3- Salah 168 goals/assists
2- Lewandowski 188 goals/assists
1- Messi: 207 goals/assists

Last edited:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Whoa! This is pretty crazy.

Is he arguably the most consistent and reliable Footballer out there??

Wonder how many more years he can carry on at the highest level! Haven't noticed a significant decline despite his age.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
That's his number 1 goal as well as extending his golden boot count and cementing himself as arguably the best pure number 9 of this era.

He and Suarez have 2 each and Lewandowski has racked up the last two while Suarez is done winning.

Moreover, he isn't just about goals. Since 2017-2018, in the top 5 leagues, here are the players with the most goal contributions:

Shouldn't he then stay at Munich? Moving to a new league, country and club he most likely will need some time to adjust. Especially considering the current state Barcelona are in.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He won't come here but would love to have him for a few years, especially if we could piss of barca by doing so.

Insane numbers by that bottle job immobile.

croadyman

He won't come here but would love to have him for a few years, especially if we could piss of barca by doing so.

Insane numbers by that bottle job immobile.
Yeah much like Dembele and many others could have had a shot at signing him if we weren't playing in the ropey league.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah much like Dembele and many others could have had a shot at signing him if we weren't playing in the ropey league.
Yeah that's why i got fecking pissed when people were saying that it would be to our betterment if Rangnick finished outside the top 4 as it would let us clean house easier.
Now look at us, I don't know what he did behind the scenes but considering how open the top 4 race was as recently as the Arsenal game, he really did screw us over in that regard.
Looked quality in the Euros too
He really wasn't :lol:

Italy would be much better with a proper number 9 although I can't deny his effectiveness with lazio(incredible numbers he's putting up there).

croadyman

Yeah that's why i got fecking pissed when people were saying that it would be to our betterment if Rangnick finished outside the top 4 as it would let us clean house easier.
Now look at us, I don't know what he did behind the scenes but considering how open the top 4 race was as recently as the Arsenal game, he really did screw us over in that regard.

He really wasn't :lol:

Italy would be much better with a proper number 9 although I can't deny his effectiveness with lazio(incredible numbers he's putting up there).
Scored a few in the tournament and was in team who made the final, wouldn't say that was too bad

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Scored a few in the tournament and was in team who made the final, wouldn't say that was too bad
Perhaps I'm being too harsh but I don't think he made that much of a positive contribution aside from one goal(I forgot if it was against Belgium or Spain), He definitely was subpar in their qualifications campaign however.
anyway kinda strange that no one has taken a punt on him because even though his move to bvb was a disaster he deserves another chance in my opinion.

Ladron de redcafe

Shouldn't he then stay at Munich? Moving to a new league, country and club he most likely will need some time to adjust. Especially considering the current state Barcelona are in.
I think it's is best chance at a balón d'or. Playing at one of the Spanish giant gives you a better chance than playing in Munich, even if it's unfair.
Mbappé will not win it at PSG either. It's just the way it is.

But if he stays at Munich, yes, he'll entrench himself as the top striker of this era (mosy probably already consider him that).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think it's is best chance at a balón d'or. Playing at one of the Spanish giant gives you a better chance than playing in Munich, even if it's unfair.

But if he stays at Munich, yes, he'll entrench himself as the top striker of this era (mosy probably already consider him that).
He'll win it if they triumph at ucl.

Ladron de redcafe

He'll win it if they triumph at ucl.
I don't disagree. Still feels as though he's in a difficult position. The Champions League is a cup competition. Anything can go wrong.

But I don't disagree. He can accomplish all of that at Bayern, as well as getting Müller's cumulative goals record. I think he's less than 50 away at the moment.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich

Bayern will rather win the treble than Barcelona who will be more than lucky to win any trophy. He isn't joining Pep's Barcelona but Barcelona 2022.
So Lewandowski's chances to win a Balloon d'Or with them are zero.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't disagree. Still feels as though he's in a difficult position. The Champions League is a cup competition. Anything can go wrong.

But I don't disagree. He can accomplish all of that at Bayern, as well as getting Müller's cumulative goals record. I think he's less than 50 away at the moment.
True, no denying that.
But then again if you're neither Messi or Ronaldo winning the CL or the world cup might as well be the prerequisite to do so.
Immobile has 4 Capocannoniere, 1 short than the all time record of 5. His production is phenomenal.
That what boggles my mind as well, you won't be looking at the guy and thinking to yourself that he's serie a's greatest modern striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.