Film Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

I like the suit.

People that are ripping on it are not looking at the bigger picture here, it shouldn't look flawless as this is supposed to be first iteration of it made by Bruce, it should look "crappy", it should get upgrades along the way etc... But hey, it's easier to just trash anything we see!
It's a good looking suit apart from the ears.

Robert Patterson is a pretty cool actor person, twilight memes aside.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Can't be compared, totally different directions, this movie has a really competent person behind it, I also like "crappy stitched up suit" look more than high tech James Bond ones, this should have more detective vibe than an action fest that was before.
I don't mind the suit so much as the cowl. He looks like fecking Bananaman.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I feel like they should have retired the character after DKR. It will never hit those heights again.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I feel like they should have retired the character after DKR. It will never hit those heights again.
You cant retire one of the biggest fictional names in cinema. The money Warner and DC make from the character illustrates that.
It would be lunacy.
Anyway,TDKR was hardly a glowing success critically amongst fans. Arguably Nolan's worst film.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Personally think Dark Knight Rises has one of the best endings and neatly packages up the entire triology. It had a few flaws but it also had some terrific moments too. I'll also be shocked if anyone manages to top those films.

Last edited:

Adamsk7

I love TDK (and to an extent Batman Begins) but there are distinct problems with the films either side of it.

This looks great to me - gritty and very much like some of the zero year/year one/two stuff.

Let’s not forget that a set photo in broad daylight will not be what it looks like through the lens and then on film.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Begins and Dark Knight were great, Rises was a mess.

Lego Batman was the best one though.

Sylar

Begins and Dark Knight were great, Rises was a mess.

Lego Batman was the best one though.
Bane was the issue. At times it was hard to understand him in the cinema. And the 'twist' at the end was a bit meh. Still an enjoyable trilogy though. Think Begins defo deserves more love.

Lego batman was great.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
The Dark Knight Rises had one of the worst fight scenes in modern cinema history. It was like Tommy Wiseau decided to direct that part of the movie. Two dudes in cosplay taking it in turns to attack one another, having to wait patiently for their turn because each punch was so slow it looked like they were moving underwater.

I can't really remember anything else about TDKR. The first two were great though. Lego Batman was also good. Unfortunately, I don't like Chris Pratt so haven't seen the other Lego movies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bane was the issue. At times it was hard to understand him in the cinema. And the 'twist' at the end was a bit meh. Still an enjoyable trilogy though. Think Begins defo deserves more love.

Lego batman was great.
Without fault, if it's DC the animated stuff is better. Into the Spiderverse aside they've got better movies than Marvel in that department.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I like the look of the bat suit like some have said its very zero year. Plus this is a bruce Wayne fairly new to the batman thing so we may see changes to the suit over time.

Sylar

Without fault, if it's DC the animated stuff is better. Into the Spiderverse aside they've got better movies than Marvel in that department.
Flashpoint Paradox is one of the greatest things ive seen esp in terms of adaptation and makes me question (even more so) how bad snyder is and how you can fck up adaptations when the story is already written for you.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Looks like the ‘70’s comic Batmobile which I dig.

As this is going to be a Batman year 2 story, I can see the suit and Batmobile changing considerably between this and the inevitable sequel.

evil_geko

I believe lots of people don't know the premise to this movie about it being young Batman as well as being more "detective Batman" version of it, people expect fecking high tech shit and big flashy Batmobile etc.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I believe lots of people don't know the premise to this movie about it being young Batman as well as being more "detective Batman" version of it, people expect fecking high tech shit and big flashy Batmobile etc.
And nipples on the suit.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Hold on a second. How old is Pattinson? Like 40?

He still a billionaire in this version, right?

I definitely expect expensive toys and high tech.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Love the Batmobile, simplicity ftw!
Car looks pretty cool.

My main interest though involves the colour palette and the moody,grime setting.

Feel this film is going to be visually, as well as tonally,quite murky.
Can already imagine myself squinting alot.

Overall I feel Reeves style and artistic vision here is going to sit nicely between Burton's fantastical gothic world and Nolan's more grounded interpretation of the character.

I'm also interested in seeing how much screen-time we see of Pattison's Batman in this film. A sad admission granted.
Will this be the first all-out Batman film ?
Batman's screen-time:

Batman 89 22%
Batman Returns 19%

Batman Begins 17%
TDK 18%
TDKR 13%

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrddd !

Hold on a second. How old is Pattinson? Like 40?

He still a billionaire in this version, right?

I definitely expect expensive toys and high tech.
33yrs old.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

Car looks pretty cool.

My main interest though involves the colour palette and the moody,grime setting.

Feel this film is going to be visually, as well as tonally,quite murky.

Can already imagine myself squinting alot.

Overall I feel Reeves style and artistic vision here is going to sit nicely between Burton's fantastical gothic world and Nolan's more grounded interpretation of the character.

I'm also interested in seeing how much screen-time we see of Pattison's Batman in this film. A sad admission granted.
Will this be the first all-out Batman film ?
Batman's screen-time:

Batman 89 22%
Batman Returns 19%

Batman Begins 17%
TDK 18%
TDKR 13%

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrddd !

33yrs old.
the same here. I really hope its visually and tonally like Blade Runner 2049, not the cyberpunk pov but the detective film-noir pov.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I do kinda expect it to be like Mindhunter now where Batman puts his boots on the chair or sits on the table, lights a cigar and intensely interrogates suspects. Maybe do a bad cop/good cop with one happy voice and one raspy voice alternating like the cop in the Lego movie.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
the same here. I really hope its visually and tonally like Blade Runner 2049, not the cyberpunk pov but the detective film-noir pov.
Indeed.

Feel we're going to witness quite a stylistic variety in this interpretation from Reeves.

Can imagine a fair amount of vintage Edwardian clothe designs mashed with modern architecture and gizmos while being surrounded in a smoggy,murky industrial setting.

Putting Batman in a abstract,contradictory setting as that aligns with my own views on Batman and where there is still creative fun to be had with the caped crusader.

Concerning the plot, the detective and Film-noir vibe has been something many fans have wanted to see from a live-action Batman movie for sometime.
Minor a few scenes in Nolan's The Dark Knight ,it's a element of Bats that we feel has alot more potential on-screen.

Last edited:

Sylar

Pushed back to 1 October 2021.
Reckon thats due to post production and due to the other movies (eg Wonder Woman) being pushed back too. Im hoping we get a great Batman movie as Batman should not be that hard to do given all the source material. (though Snyder sure tried)