Film Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

Reddy Rederson

I really dislike Matt Reeves. Thought his ape movies sucked. Cloverfield sucked. Under siege 2 sucked. Everything he’s said about his batman movie sounds like shit. Sounds like a guy trying too hard to be different for sake of being different rather than because it’s a good idea. And now this casting? Gladly be proved wrong, but I’m not enthused at all for this one.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I watched Pattinson play the lead in a film recently, and he was completely outshone by the supporting cast (Christina Ricci, UmaThurman & Kristin Scott Thomas). He wasn't terrible but looked out of his depth.

Varun

Staff
Pattinson may cut it as Robin but making him Batman probably shows why the entire series has become a fecking joke

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Predictions - won’t be worse than Affleck.

Oldyella

If the script is decent, think he will be very good in the role. Has serious acting chops which he has shown post those vampire movies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To be fair to Pattinson - he has made some really interesting choices with his career since Twilight and is a good actor - if this happens I think many people will be very pleasantly surprised.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I actually think he’ll be great. He’ll put on 30 pounds of muscle, kick ass in the first trailer and people’s opinions will spring the other way.

Sylar

Intrigued by this. More so, just want a good script as has been mentioned.

Its Batman. It takes a lot to fck it up but people still manage to do so.

Stringer

Interesting choice and he was very good in Good Time, High Life and The Lost City of Z so not sure why people are so upset.

evil_geko

He has the chin for the suit tbh, otherwise, I don't know what to think about this, never liked him.

MadMike

- "We need someone to play batman"
- "Did you know there's a type of bat called Vampire bat?"
- "Astonishing. Maybe someone who's played a vampire before would make a good batman?"
- "Say no more fam, I got this"

Hollywood casting at its finest.

Sweet Square

- "We need someone to play batman"
- "Did you know there's a type of bat called Vampire bat?"
- "Astonishing. Maybe someone who's played a vampire before would make a good batman?"
- "Say no more fam, I got this"

Hollywood casting at its finest.
In fairness after the vampire films Pattinson has been in some brilliant movies and is far better actor than Affleck.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Grown men unhappy about comic book character casting part 34747, despite being wrong 34734 times.

List of things required of new Batman.

Can he do an American accent?
Does he have a good chin?

End of things required of new Batman.

Interesting choice and he was very good in Good Time, High Life and The Lost City of Z so not sure why people are so upset.
Because the kind of people who get upset about these kind of things, don’t watch any other kind of films.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's done a lot of work distancing himself from his past franchise roles, most recently in the excellent High Life.

Moving back into a lumbering franchise role (and particularly one where he'll be immediately criticised by a lot of people who still think of him as the twilight guy) is a bit of a step backwards.

Suv666

He was good in High Life. Decent actor, reckon he'll make a better Batman than Affleck. Folks complaining have only seen him in Twilight. Give him a chance, he might sparkle

Sweet Square

Because the kind of people who get upset about these kind of things, don’t watch any other kind of films.
Er... excuse me sir I'll have you know that the Nolan Batman films are true art house cinema.

Why are people only associating him with Twilight?
Stupid people who only watch stupid movies have unsurprisingly a lot of stupid opinions.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Why are people only associating him with Twilight?

He's a cracking actor who's been in some excellent films recently. This is a great choice (for the people making the film, if not for him)
Because they have the cultural appreciation of teenage boys, and are thus only aware of him being in something for teenage girls. Ew.