Film Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yep, he's a good actor. Probably a bit of his own downfall that he's chosen a lot of niche (non mainstream) type movies since Twilight, so that's what most would associate him with.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I watched Pattinson play the lead in a film recently, and he was completely outshone by the supporting cast (Christina Ricci, UmaThurman & Kristin Scott Thomas). He wasn't terrible but looked out of his depth.
In light of more positive views on Robert's acting mentioned in the thread, maybe I was wrong & the role just didn't suit him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Pogue said:
What was the film?
A period drama titled Bel Ami, mate. I actually enjoyed it, tbf.

Hawks2008

He was great in good time. I am generally wary of DC casting choices after the likes of Eisenberg, Momoa, Miller etc.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I like it, he's a brilliant actor and that twilight garbage is in the past. Personally I think he'll catch people off guard similar to the whole ledger up roar when he was cast as the joker. I'm excited and he'll make a great batman/Wayne

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Fecking DC looks like screwing up another iconic character... Again

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I predict if the film is good he will be a good batman, but if the film is bad he will be a bad batman.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbf this has been known/hinted at since Affleck started to get cold feet over a year ago. Think it's been mentioned on here a few times too...

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Because they have the cultural appreciation of teenage boys, and are thus only aware of him being in something for teenage girls. Ew.
I'm not outraged by this, but to be fair, he still looks like a late teenage boy and he's about 100lbs underweight for the role. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure how he's going to fill the role. Maybe it's just my own bias, but I can't take him seriously as a fully grown man who is somehow supposed to intimidate criminals.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Saw him in Good Time and he was surprisingly good. He's actually a very decent actor.

Andersons Dietician

Wait people didn’t think Heath Ledger would be good as The Joker?

I’m actually very intrigued by Pattinsons selection. Think he could be good but depends how he fits in to the DC Universe if that is the plan at all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I always suspected that Batman was a vampire.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
People might find he's a decent actor and I can understand that while I don't agree with it. But to play Batman? Come on now..

The feminist men among us will probably disagree because times are what they are, but imo an actor that portrays a superhero like Batman should be a real masculine actor, not a manchild. Which is what he comes across like for me. He has a bit too much of a babyface to play a superhero. Henry Cavill was a fantastic superman for that reason I thought. Isn't there someone similar out there to play Batman? Surely there are better options than this dude?

All just my opinion at the moment of course. Who knows, maybe he proves me wrong, I dont know. But I really doubt it.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not outraged by this, but to be fair, he still looks like a late teenage boy and he's about 100lbs underweight for the role. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure how he's going to fill the role. Maybe it's just my own bias, but I can't take him seriously as a fully grown man who is somehow supposed to intimidate criminals.
Yeah, fully agree with this, you worded it way better than me.

lsd

The Oracle
Well I won't be watching any new Batman films if this is true .

Still superhero fans deserve an emo Batman for teenage girls I guess

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
They proably watched him in Cosmopolis where he's a young billionaire driving around New York in a Limousine for 90% of the film and thought yeah that the Bruce Wayne side, now let's stick him in a black suit with wings and get him to put on a Grizzly voice. Grrrrr.

Chairman Steve

I remember fondly when Heath Ledger got announced as the Joker and everyone laughed at the time. Don’t underestimate the power of acting.

Speaking of Batman, it says a lot how much Pattinson is rated by elite directors when Christopher Nolan has cast him as a lead in his new upcoming movie.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I didn’t read the thread so I don’t know the general feeling about Pattinson, but I do think he’s a very good actor, he carries a lot of baggage from his Twilight days but he has a good range. He did a film not so long back regarding the two towers, I can’t remember the name of the film, but he was excellent. I’ve seen Hoult named as another alternative, again he’s a really good actor (perhaps better than Pattinson) but his American accent is really poor. I wouldn’t mind seeing either as Batman, they’re both very talented.

Nickosaur

He's a good actor but no doubt people will judge him for the twilight films
Well I won't be watching any new Batman films if this is true .

Still superhero fans deserve an emo Batman for teenage girls I guess
:lol: we're talking about a man who dances around in a costume at night, pull yourself together

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I remember fondly when Heath Ledger got announced as the Joker and everyone laughed at the time. Don’t underestimate the power of acting.

Speaking of Batman, it says a lot how much Pattinson is rated by elite directors when Christopher Nolan has cast him as a lead in his new upcoming movie.
Leonardo DiCaprio is a great actor, but he'd be a terrible casting decision for He-Man unless they substantially CGI'd him. You still need to vaguely resemble the role you're playing. Unless they engineer the feck out of his bat-suit in which case he'll look ridiculous like when they designed the Superman suit for Nicholas Cage for the movie that thankfully never got made.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Leonardo DiCaprio is a great actor, but he'd be a terrible casting decision for He-Man unless they substantially CGI'd him. You still need to vaguely resemble the role you're playing. Unless they engineer the feck out of his bat-suit in which case he'll look ridiculous like when they designed the Superman suit for Nicholas Cage for the movie that thankfully never got made.
Of all the problems an actor might have in this role, surely getting in shape is the easiest to fix? I can't imagine it would be that hard for Pattinson to bulk up heavily if he needs to given he can pretty much dedicate all his time and effort to it, as well as pay for professional trainers to help him through the process. He's about 6ft tall so it's not like height is a major problem either.

lsd

The Oracle
He's a good actor but no doubt people will judge him for the twilight films

:lol: we're talking about a man who dances around in a costume at night, pull yourself together

Im over it I'm not a Batman fan anyway . So long as Taylor Lautner doesn't get cast as Superman I'm good

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:eek: The what now? And I'm stuck in the universe where this didn't get made? :(

Oldyella

He seems to have worked with a who's who of directors in recent years.

Bale was coming of the Machinist, and looked fine by the time Batman begins was filmed. He will hit the gym and look as big as the director wants by the time they film.

Dread to think what the Internet would of been like when Mr Mom was cast as Batman.

kps88

Has there ever been a bad Batman? Even Clooney did a decent job playing the character despite the terrible script. It's not a very challenging role. Even Ben Affleck made it look cool.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seems to have worked with a who's who of directors in recent years.

Bale was coming of the Machinist, and looked fine by the time Batman begins was filmed. He will hit the gym and look as big as the director wants by the time they film.

Dread to think what the Internet would of been like when Mr Mom was cast as Batman.

The response at the time, in the media, fan letters pages in sci magazines etc was exactly like this.

Except now, i dont have to walk to the newsagents to read this feedback.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Has there ever been a bad Batman? Even Clooney did a decent job playing the character despite the terrible script. It's not a very challenging role. Even Ben Affleck made it look cool.
All one has to do is wear a silly costume and say silly dialogue in a silly voice.

It's not exactly King Lear even though the nerds would probably elevate it to that level.