Robert Sanchez | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reezy

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure what you mean by this but it’s funny!
What I mean by doing you a favour is that you’re understandably trying to move Sanchez on after his fallout with De Zerbi. You’ve said yourself that he’s no longer welcome.

In terms of your conduct over Colwill, I’m referring to your manager name-checking him in press conferences more than once, even after Pochettino had refused to discuss Caicedo’s name openly with the press. Not to mention the repeated derisory bids for Colwill since he returned to the club. Had we publicly made a bid for Caicedo that significantly under his market value, I can’t imagine Bloom/De Zerbi would have been particularly impressed.

Totally understandable that you retained an interest in Colwill, but I don’t think Brighton & De Zerbi have gone about it the right way.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’s a good keeper, but de Zerbi thought Steele’s distribution was better and when he tried it Sanchez threw his toys out of the pram and understandably hasn’t been welcome back since.

Attitude aside he’s a very good keeper, but he’s finished at Brighton.
Thanks bud

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Chelsea and Brighton agree a deal in the next few days for less than 90M then consider this deal dodgy as feck

K Stand Knut

If Chelsea and Brighton agree a deal in the next few days for less than 90M then consider this deal dodgy as feck

Less than £90m?? What is your theory behind this idea?? I’ve not read the rest of this thread but why on earth would Chelsea make a(nother) world record bid for a GK who is no longer wanted/welcome at his club.

I’d suggest any deal for Sanchez at £90m would be dodgy as feck

Remember the geese

Less than £90m?? What is your theory behind this idea?? I’ve not read the rest of this thread but why on earth would Chelsea make a(nother) world record bid for a GK who is no longer wanted/welcome at his club.

He's on about Caicedo.

izec

He means for Caicedo

izec

Good deal for Chelsea. Think he will replace Kepa at some point during the season, as i rate him higher

K Stand Knut

He's on about Caicedo.
He means for Caicedo
Based on this, I assume that he is suggesting that the two clubs have agreed a lower fee for Caicedo IF they agree to take Sanchez as well, which I agree would be dodgy as feck.

However, I also don’t see how that makes any sense for either club to agree to that deal. I mean, it makes some sense but not a lot

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

He's talking about Caicedo.

OleGunnar20

Better player than Kepa, underrated since his dropping I think. Decent buy for that kind of money.

Welbeckham

Good signing. He will be their #1 in no time. I think people are underrating him because he was dropped by De Zerbi. Overall, he has been one of the better goalkeepers in PL in recent years.

Remember the geese

Based on this, I assume that he is suggesting that the two clubs have agreed a lower fee for Caicedo IF they agree to take Sanchez as well, which I agree would be dodgy as feck.

However, I also don’t see how that makes any sense for either club to agree to that deal. I mean, it makes some sense but not a lot
Suppose it just does Brighton a favour. Gives them a decent fee for a player who presumably wants out, or who the club wants out at least. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

K Stand Knut

Suppose it just does Brighton a favour. Gives them a decent fee for a player who presumably wants out, or who the club wants out at least. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
Yeah I get that but the poster I originally replied to seems to be suggesting that the Caicedo deal will now be for less than the £90m that has been projected in the past weeks.

Why would Brighton want to sell Caicedo for less than what they wanted and could probably reasonably demand? They either value him at £90m or they don’t.

Or they value Sanchez as being completely worthless and the most they we’re going to get for the 2 players was £90m anyway

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah I get that but the poster I originally replied to seems to be suggesting that the Caicedo deal will now be for less than the £90m that has been projected in the past weeks.

Why would Brighton want to sell Caicedo for less than what they wanted and could probably reasonably demand? They either value him at £90m or they don’t.

Or they value Sanchez as being completely worthless and the most they we’re going to get for the 2 players was £90m anyway
Caicedo has a sell-on clause and presumably Sanchez doesn’t, so it’d allow Brighton to keep more of the money for themselves.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I mean, smart way to solve problems for everyone. Brighton get rid of Sanchez for healthy profit, Chelsea get a decent keeper who could challenge if gets back to some old form. If this is tied to Caicedo, Chelsea can spread the cost out over the two contracts easier and Brighton get the cash they want.

Remember the geese

This is what it most likely comes down to. Perhaps Brighton were struggling to find any interest in Sanchez, so could see Chelsea getting a bit of a discount on Caicedo for taking on the 'burden'. Brighton get their £90m overall, plus the wages of an unwanted player off the books. Only guesswork of course.

K Stand Knut

This is what it most likely comes down to. Perhaps Brighton were struggling to find any interest in Sanchez, so could see Chelsea getting a bit of a discount on Caicedo for taking on the 'burden'. Brighton get their £90m overall, plus the wages of an unwanted player off the books. Only guesswork of course.
Yeah seems illogically logical to me.

It involves Chelsea so irrelevant of the reasoning, it’s dodgy.

Sanchez will probably be sold to the Saudi league this time next year for a healthy ‘profit’ to Chelsea

C'est Moi Cantona

Chelsea just casually dropped around £90 million on Ugochuukwu, Sanchez, and Disasi, and it's barely registered.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The biggest thing that @WeePat is alluding to is that Caicedo's first club from Ecuador have a sell-on fee, so if Chelsea and Brighton have negotiated a package deal for the two it benefits Brighton to have more of the transfer fee attributed to Sanchez.

That said, this seems a bit of a nothing-burger - Sanchez is a homegrown goalkeeper who is 25, has been called up to the Spanish NT, and is reuniting with the GK coach that got the best out of him - £20m+5 isn't a ridiculous fee under these circumstances.

Chelsea just casually dropped around £90 million on Ugochuukwu, Sanchez, and Disasi, and it's barely registered.
Perhaps the reason why it's barely registered is because it's not accurate in the slightest?

Remember the geese

The biggest thing that @WeePat is alluding to is that Caicedo's first club from Ecuador have a sell-on fee, so if Chelsea and Brighton have negotiated a package deal for the two it benefits Brighton to have more of the transfer fee attributed to Sanchez.

That said, this seems a bit of a nothing-burger - Sanchez is a homegrown goalkeeper who is 25, has been called up to the Spanish NT, and is reuniting with the GK coach that got the best out of him - £20m+5 isn't a ridiculous fee under these circumstances.
Ah, makes sense. I wasn't aware of the sell-on fee. Also, true. Pretty sure that Sanchez wasn't in the last year of his contract so perhaps £25m all in is market value.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Ah, makes sense. I wasn't aware of the sell-on fee. Also, true. Pretty sure that Sanchez wasn't in the last year of his contract so perhaps £25m all in is market value.
Yeah I don't think it's a ludicrous fee when you consider that Raya will cost probably ~£10m more whilst being 2 years older and having only one year left on his deal.

Goalkeepers' performance can fluctuate like crazy - two years ago, Sanchez would command probably twice what Chelsea have paid. Honestly the way I view this deal is that worst case scenario Chelsea have the best backup goalkeeper in Europe for the next two years whilst Kepa is being scrutinised - £4m per year plus salary on the books isn't an outrageous price at all in my opinion.

marktan

I liked the look of him whenever I caught Brighton, was really weird to see him being sidelined. A bit like Cancelo, one day hot, the next day on the curb.

Telsim

Strange transfer. Isn't he like third choice at Brighton? Is he supposed to be Kepa replacement or backup... for £25M?

Crimson King

Disasi - £34.6m
Ugochukwu - £23.2m
Sanchez - £20m (+£5m)

Total is ~£77.8m without add-ons.
The add-on's thing frustrates me too pal, but considering every news outlet is going to report the fees with those included then we're sort of stuck having to think of the totals in that way.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Strange transfer. Isn't he like third choice at Brighton? Is he supposed to be Kepa replacement or backup... for £25M?
That's because he fell out with the manager, but still played some key games for them towards the end of the season. Think he started in the games against us, including FA Cup.

I said this summer he would be my no1 choice for us. His play from the back is very good. I said after the game in the 21/22 season at Old Trafford that he put on the best ball playing display that I've seen from a keeper. He was really good that day and has been pretty much every time I've seen him. He will be their no1 in no time, if not straight away.

Robertd0803

I thought the contracts longer than 5 years had lost that loophole, why is he getting a 7 year contract?

C'est Moi Cantona

I thought the contracts longer than 5 years had lost that loophole, why is he getting a 7 year contract?
Yes, thought that was behind their mad rush in January.

I can only assume all these long contracts mean they are going to stop spending pretty soon.

The risk they have exposed themselves to is massive if most of them fail.

CM

Ok, Chelsea have just casually dropped £77.8 million (maybe rising to £86.9 million), on Disasi, Ugochukwu, and Sanchez, and it has barely registered.
I think we should round it up to £90m for simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.