Roberto De Zerbi - Brighton manager

philippexyz

This guy is getting a big promotion next season. I'm not sure what his ambitions really are. One of the top Italian clubs, staying in the PL, Real/Barca?

He's not staying in Brighton for much longer. Looks like an amazing(and still pretty young) manager.

Tony247

Brighton seem to have pretty good club set up that made Potter looked better than he is.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
This guy is getting a big promotion next season. I'm not sure what his ambitions really are. One of the top Italian clubs, staying in the PL, Real/Barca?

He's not staying in Brighton for much longer. Looks like an amazing(and still pretty young) manager.
If City already know Guardiola's plans and he is not extending beyond his current contract (June 2025) i think the Italian would be the perfect replacement. The question is how they can convince him (with a lot of money of course ) to stay in Brighton and wait these two years...

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
If City already know Guardiola's plans and he is not extending beyond his current contract (June 2025) i think the Italian would be the perfect replacement. The question is how they can convince him (with a lot of money of course ) to stay in Brighton and wait these two years...
He has indicated he plans to see out his contract here and then return to Italy. True, this hasn’t been tested yet but I’m sure we already have our next manager in mind. We are the best run club in world football.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Pep’s successor at City.

Be interested to see how they get on against top teams with a midfield pairing of Groß and Gilmour, though. That looks really small and lightweight against the better sides.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton seem to have pretty good club set up that made Potter looked better than he is.
That’s not fair to Potter. Brighton fans will tell you the Brighton Potter walked into was not the Brighton he walked away from and he has a lot to do with that evolution as a club up until that point. De Zerbi has of course taken the club to even greater heights.

Redstain

Looks world class, if Brighton are up there in the second season that's pretty evident of the managers quality.

Chairman Steve

There’s a chasm between doing it for Brighton and doing it for a team like United, Liverpool and Arsenal. I look forward to seeing how he handles it when European football rolls in and two games a week is the standard for them. Lots of teams and managers look amazing when they only have a game a week most of the time and then falter when two games a week on a regular basis comes in.

And I can say Brighton are definitely run better than United and the fecking clown show we have. The day they leave will be celebrated like a league title win.

Baxquux

If the damn takeover actually takes place, and ETH's Mount/midfield set-up gamble doesn't pay off this season and we end up in,, say, the Conference League slot come the end of the season... could he be the one to take over?

Pep was backing him to be something special very early on his Brighton tenure (i know RDZ hasn't been there very long full stop in the scale of things). Yes, Brighton have a more coherent set-up, but just the raising of that team's ability another few levels in such a short space of time, having new signings play so cohesively...

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If the damn takeover actually takes place, and ETH's Mount/midfield set-up gamble doesn't pay off this season and we end up in,, say, the Conference League slot come the end of the season... could he be the one to take over?

Pep was backing him to be something special very early on his Brighton tenure (i know RDZ hasn't been there very long full stop in the scale of things). Yes, Brighton have a more coherent set-up, but just the raising of that team's ability another few levels in such a short space of time, having new signings play so cohesively...
He's a bad fit for United. Likes midfielders and possession. Pass.

RuudTom83

I tend to feel praise is dished out far to quickly, only to then destroy managers/players when they have a bad few months.

So when I see De Zerbi I think...Brighton played some good stuff under Potter and he has continued/improved that in the last 9-10 months.

But he will need to win something, plenty of managers have done it against stronger/wealthier teams. The point of the game is to win trophies.

Same can be said about Eddie Howe.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He should certainly be on top of potential replacements for ETH, if he fails this season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Does he need to win something? Feels a bit shitty to think a team like Brighton has to win something for him to get credit. Surely for Brighton to be fighting against the top teams and holding their own is worthy enough. Its not like the old days where there was the traditional Top 4 and everyone else was shit. There's 7 top teams in the PL now. That's 7 top teams duking it out for trophies (I'm adding Spurs here for the lols).

I have such huge admiration for Brighton as a club. Must be amazing as a fan watching them right now.

Devil You Know

All he's proven so far is that he's slightly better than Graham Potter.

It's way too early to be making such grand judgements about any manager.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I'm a bit confused about how Brighton constantly make such good decisions. The DoF who was there when they signed all their best players has gone to Newcastle but they still managed to hire a sensational manager. Who is making these calls?
I like this post because it is a great question to make. Especially as Man Utd-fans and it illustrates something a professor ones claimed in a lecture; a great owner is always a condition for great management. As Man Utd-fans, I think we have learned that the hard way.

Grande

All he's proven so far is that he's slightly better than Graham Potter.

It's way too early to be making such grand judgements about any manager.
Kratylos, Sceptic:

1. You should suspend judgement until you have all the facts about a matter.
2. No one can ever have all the facts of any matter
3. So you should hold your tongue, cretin.

The Caf, Baseless Opinion Machine:

1. You should suspend judgement until you have all the facts about a mattter.
2. No one can ever have all the facts of any matter.
3. Fire at anything that moves (and anything that doesn’t).

Ps. Cetero censeo Glazers/Arnold/Murtaugh/Ten Hag/Bruno/Shola Shoretire and his Dad delendam esse. DS.

Real Name

If ETH gets sacked this season, which unfortunately will probably happen, as things are working out right now, is this the guy who could replace him?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
They've lost Caicedo and Mac Allister and have only played Luton and Wolves so far. Come back in a two months when they've played us, Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool and City and we'll see how they are doing.

I agree generally that he has done a fantastic job though. I'm a fan of his for sure.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If ETH gets sacked this season, which unfortunately will probably happen, as things are working out right now, is this the guy who could replace him?
This is either a joke or so knee jerk it can't be taken seriously anyway

Real Name

This is either a joke or so knee jerk it can't be taken seriously anyway
What about these 2?
He should certainly be on top of potential replacements for ETH, if he fails this season.