Roberto De Zerbi

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Went to University there in the late 90s, worked in a pub on Gloucester Road for a couple of years and went to a few Rovers games. I was never a true Gashead though!
Appreciate that. I too am not a gashead. But would definitely be if de Zerbie went there.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I'm obviously concerned that when they lose, they seem to get battered, it's not all great of course but the takeaway for me is you've got players like Milner, Lallana, Welbeck, Dunk etc all playing great football, and yet we can't do that because we 'don't have the players' for it, and they create chances no matter who's in the team. It's absolutely clear how they want to play.
100% and there not afraid to play it against the bigger teams. Which I don’t know if that’s good or bad. Sometimes managers have to adjust their way of playing depending on the opponent. For example I don’t think any teams on this planet can go head to head with city.. your best success against them will come with countering.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Do Brighton have a worse squad than West Ham? What's the people's opinion about those squads?

West Ham did better in the league and in Europa. Moyes is deemed a failure by many and De Zerbi is linked with Bayern. Is that Brighton squad really that much worse than the West Ham one?

Both of the teams sells their best players every year and can't hold on to them. Moyes has done a better job than De Zerbi in my eyes
Who's deeming Moyes a failure? Most people seem to acknowledge he's done a pretty good job at West Ham.

Woodzy

I do feel like ETH’s fate is decided regardless of the FA Cup final, so if he isn’t staying then we would definitely have a replacement lined up already which is why this is believable.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Appreciate that. I too am not a gashead. But would definitely be if de Zerbie went there.
I'm a season ticket holder at the Mem and would be over the moon if he went there, but no it's Matt Taylor for next season, but at least that's a hundred times better than Joey Barton!

Yakuza_devils

The question is, is the journalist from Napoli who started this news reliable? If so, it's really very high possibility that it's us. We are the only club who can't announce our manager because of FA Cup.

Also, it's Ineos MO that no details is leaked to the press. They will announce once it's time.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Bit weird that its not disclosed yet. Apart from United, which other club who is involved in meaningful game, is looking to change their manager?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I'm a season ticket holder at the Mem and would be over the moon if he went there, but no it's Matt Taylor for next season, but at least that's a hundred times better than Joey Barton!
Top man.
It would be good to find out how many people there are here who are from Bristol but support Manchester United as well.
Think I will open a new thread.

Judas

Open to offers
100% and there not afraid to play it against the bigger teams. Which I don’t know if that’s good or bad. Sometimes managers have to adjust their way of playing depending on the opponent. For example I don’t think any teams on this planet can go head to head with city.. your best success against them will come with countering.
Yep. The best more often than not make allowances and show some flexibility, his approach is admirable but naive, certainly with the tools he had at Brighton.

Malone_Post

Didn't you beat them 2-0 at their ground less than 24 hours ago?

I didn't watch the game, did he really "school" Hag in that one?
Leave these people alone, they want to hate everything even when we actually win games.
He posted that at halftime and hasn't been back in here since...
We should have been 3-0 down by HT.
There was only one team that looked well coached, and it wasn’t United. It should also be noted that Brighton were missing about 8 first team players before anyone tries to use injuries as an excuse.

Teja

It seems too slow now for it to be Chelsea. They would've announced already if they had him lined up.

Winrar

There was only one team that looked well coached, and it wasn’t United. It should also be noted that Brighton were missing about 8 first team players before anyone tries to use injuries as an excuse.
But I thought we were the only team stuck with injuries this season, and that's the only reason we played like a bottom half team? If we had Varane, Casemiro, Licha, Shaw available we would surely be shoe-in for Top4 at least.

(Don't mention the opener vs Wolves, 7-0, etc.)

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Firing Poch to get him would seem odd. But they do have a few Brighton players in their rank, so maybe that's the thinking. Plus, he can play good football, even if it's suicidal at times.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But we were not and we won 2-0 due to a tactical change.. I mean....

gaffs

I think De Zerbi may be the favorite of INEOS.

They will have been impressed with what Francesco Farioli did for them at Nice. He has now moved to Ajax.
Farioli learned under De Zerbi at Benevento and Sassuolo,

INEOS may want a similar coach at United, so why not go for De Zerbi?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
De Zerbi to Chelsea feels like the most obvious move for both parties.

Blood Mage

If we hired De Zerbi we'd need a perfect transfer window to prevent him from being a disaster. Right now we don't have the players he needs.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Apparently we're looking at perspective candidates. I would be surprised if ETH stays on.
I don't know why but De Zerbi just feels a better fit for a Chelsea head coach that he does a Man United one.

Maybe because we've had so many underwhelming appointments over the years I guess.

I know that a certain Ukrainian winger at Chelsea is absolutely desperate for him to get the job.

Robbie Boy

I don't know why but De Zerbi just feels a better fit for a Chelsea head coach that he does a Man United one.

Maybe because we've had so many underwhelming appointments over the years I guess.
I personally think he would be an absolute disaster at United alright.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I know that a certain Ukrainian winger at Chelsea is absolutely desperate for him to get the job.
The only good head coach for you is Ancelotti. He is the only one that can manage lunatics like Boehly. His only limit is Hoeneß but that's true every living being.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The only good head coach for you is Ancelotti. He is the only one that can manage lunatics like Boehly. His only limit is Hoeneß but that's true every living being.
He would be my dream appointment for sure. We need someone with a ton of clout to deal with all the players, a ton of experience dealing with mental owners and a ton of cool because I am cool and I like my manager to be like me.