Roberto De Zerbi

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He would be my dream appointment for sure. We need someone with a ton of clout to deal with all the players, a ton of experience dealing with mental owners and a ton of cool because I am cool and I like my manager to be like me.
I have no rebuttal. :lol:

Though if things go pear-shaped for France you could target one of your former legends, Deschamps. He has clout, he tends to be very calm in public, the FFF is where lunatics are developed, he succeeded with Marseille which is an other epicenter of buffoonery, he dealt brilliantly with post calciopoli Juventus and he has no teeth so he won't be able to bite Boehly if things go wrong

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I have no rebuttal. :lol:

Though if things go pear-shaped for France you could target one of your former legends, Deschamps. He has clout, he tends to be very calm in public, the FFF is where lunatics are developed, he succeeded with Marseille which is an other epicenter of buffoonery, he dealt brilliantly with post calciopoli Juventus and he has no teeth so he won't be able to bite Boehly if things go wrong
Didier did not spend a fortune on a brand new set of teeth for nothing, you take that back !

Deschamps speaking english in press conferences would be something. Like Emery but 10 times worse.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
If Ten Hag is indeed sacked then De Zerbi is the most attractive option from the available candidates imo.

tidraKS

If Ten Hag is indeed sacked then De Zerbi is the most attractive option from the available candidates imo.
Totally agree. His style of play is the best of all candidates, has had big success with Brighton and could take us to the next level. I'd swap Erik only for him from the candidates that we have.

Nori-

So underwhelmed by De Zerbi, one decent season, no trohpies and no experience managing a huge club like United.

ETH has to go in my opinion but hiring De Zerbi feels like we're changing manager for the sake of it.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Totally agree. His style of play is the best of all candidates, has had big success with Brighton and could take us to the next level. I'd swap Erik only for him from the candidates that we have.
It’s not just his coaching methods (which I’ve read many players rave about) but he’s also likely to try and bring certain players with him at some point. And I’m thinking of Evan Ferguson, Estupiñán and one or two others who would be great additions to the United team/squad.

Last edited:

redshaw

I thought De Zerbi's next job was completed and under maximum secrecy or something.

Could be us, city, Italian club?

Xaviboy

So underwhelmed by De Zerbi, one decent season, no trohpies and no experience managing a huge club like United.

ETH has to go in my opinion but hiring De Zerbi feels like we're changing manager for the sake of it.
You do wonder what type of squad he could put together with a better financial/recruitment team behind him.

We know the type of football he plays so it's about the players that we bring in to support it.

He lost his 2 most important players last summer, his 2 Central midfield players. Never replaced them.

Had lot of injuries this season and alot of games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He did good things but then it changed into looking like he was one of the many who can have a good short term impact with an idea but can't stay ahead of the trend when others adapt to it

AndySmith1990

Well, United fans don't rate him. So he's already buggered here.
Over 40% of United fans want to keep a manager who's just finished 8th and been responsible for some of the worst football in the league. I wouldn't pay much attention to what United fans think of managers. Trust in the new people who will be making the decision

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He did good things but then it changed into looking like he was one of the many who can have a good short term impact with an idea but can't stay ahead of the trend when others adapt to it

He lost half his team to big teams or injuries to be fair. He finished 6th then lost Caicedo, Mac Allister, Trossard (in Jan) to big teams as well as Mitoma and March to long term injuries. Colwill was also a big player for them in the second half of the last season. That’s basically 80% of all his good players. And then he had extra European football to navigate. The added context is important imo.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You have to give some leeway for loss of best players last summer and injured players throughout their team this season. They've not had their first choice front 3 for practically a full season, and they were on fire at the beginning of the season for the few games they were about.

He lost half his team to big teams or injuries to be fair. He finished 6th then lost Caicedo, Mac Allister, Trossard (in Jan) to big teams as well as Mitoma and March to long term injuries. Colwill was also a big player for them in the second half of the last season. That’s basically 80% of all his good players. And then he had extra European football to navigate. The added context is important imo.
Completely agree. And this season wasn’t even that bad. 8th in xGPts, 8th in xGA. Good underlying stats while relying on youth all season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wish this added context is applicable to ETH as well .

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Wish this added context is applicable to ETH as well .
The thing is that Brighton had consistent injuries throughout their team, not just two players. The don't have the level of back up we do. And if we lost our attack all season then we'd have been even worse. On top of that, they lost their best players in the summer with replacements who are for the future or just a much lesser quality. That's why I give him some grace.

RuudTom83

I thought a club had already paid Brighton compensation last week but the club in question was a secret.

Making shit up as they go alone...brilliant journalism as per usual.

Castia

Of those available/linked he’s my favourite by far

Doesn’t get the credit he deserves this season, that squad is a mess they did well to finish mid table. Man for man Brighton have an awful team these days especially with the injuries he’s faced.

Yakuza_devils

At the very least we won't get outplayed by every team we met even with injuries crisis with De Zebri in charge.