Roberto Martínez is new Belgium manager

RedDevilMachine

He is still young but I think some mid table La Liga or EPL team will offer him a job. Definitely has to go but not sure what difference it would make anyway since most of their players are in their 30s.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
He'll be sacked as Belgium manager yet somehow land himself a big Premier League gig soon.
Sacking him would be the right thing to do but I can see our fa bottling that. If sacked right now I can see him going to anderlecht.

redshaw

To be fair on that interview he was talking about how they were not themselves in match 1 but in match 3 they did much better and created chances, they can hold their heads high for this match. If you hear the question and his answer it doesn't sound so bad.

Sylar

To be fair on that interview he was talking about how they were not themselves in match 1 but in match 3 they did much better and created chances, they can hold their heads high for this match. If you hear the question and his answer it doesn't sound so bad.
Yeah listened to it and he was talking about today specifically. They didn't deserve to go through but so easily could have with six points.

Today especially second half they were much better and couldn't have done much more except scoring

phelans shorts

Easily one of the best managers in the World Cup, hamstrung by a squad who just aren’t up to snuff at this point but with the arrogance of the side they were 4 years ago when they could back it up.

Probably be at Bournemouth in the new year if they haven’t hired a permanent manager

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Easily one of the best managers in the World Cup, hamstrung by a squad who just aren’t up to snuff at this point but with the arrogance of the side they were 4 years ago when they could back it up.
You couldn't be more wrong. Our squad is full of talented players yet it was Martinez who stuck to the 2018 heros who are past it and looked like he didn't give them any instructions how to play together.

We threw away a year and a World Cup by not firing him right after the Italy QF last year. Prime Hazard, Courtois, KDB gave him a bronze WC medal but he is a very, very average manager.

phelans shorts

You couldn't be more wrong. Our squad is full of talented players yet it was Martinez who stuck to the 2018 heros who are past it and looked like he didn't give them any instructions how to play together.

We threw away a year and a World Cup by not firing him right after the Italy QF last year. Prime Hazard, Courtois, KDB gave him a bronze WC medal but he is a very, very average manager.
It’s more of a comment on how awful the standard of manager at international level is to be honest, because he is easily in the upper echelons and I’d want him nowhere near my side

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It’s more of a comment on how awful the standard of manager at international level is to be honest, because he is easily in the upper echelons and I’d want him nowhere near my side
Fair enough that. The likes of Flick and Enrique are easily a few tiers above him for me though.

Man-United

He was the main guy in 2013 when his Everton team won at Old Trafford, people wanting him to replace Moyes.

PoTMS

Probably be at Bournemouth in the new year if they haven’t hired a permanent manager
What a load of guff. There's no easily about it.

MUnchies

Maybe experience wise definitely not tactically.

redshaw

Will be interesting who takes over. Everyone keeps saying what a waste, how can he be in the job etc but perhaps there's not been much to chose from for Belgium over the years. That's international management for you.

Kag

The prevailing narrative that Martinez has held back this golden generation of Belgian players is nonsense.

I’m no fan of Martinez, but getting to the World Cup semi finals and losing to France, who were significantly better in all areas, is no picnic.

The current team getting knocked out in the groups is no surprise. Older heads need to call it a day and younger players need to come in.

Chief123

Surely has to have been one of the greatest managerial achievements ever to have survived 6 years?

onemanarmy

Two or three years too late. Average manager who relied on a few fantastic players to bail him out often. Created a tight group but that's about it.

Bye Roberto!

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'd take him at Everton. He's not great but a whole lot better than we have now.