Robin Van Persie - Retiring

PoTMS

Could easily play in the Premier League. Such a shame he left the way he did. Still haven't replaced him.

Kag

Imagine him in our team right now. He and Pogba would love eachother.

The last attacker we had that was irrefutably one of the best in the world at his job.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
2012/13 RvP, better than Ruud?
Rvp is far more naturally gifted than Ruud, but Ruud was more clinical and also more driven. Ruud wanted to win so bad, he'bd become a cnut when losing. Succeed at any cost mentality which Robin doesnt have to the same degree.

I prefer RvP though.

RedDevilRoshi

Fantastic player! What a season he had in 12/13 when we sealed title number 20 in SAF last season!

He was unplayable at times

scholesyboy18

Rvp is far more naturally gifted than Ruud, but Ruud was more clinical and also more driven. Ruud wanted to win so bad, he'bd become a cnut when losing. Succeed at any cost mentality which Robin doesnt have to the same degree.

I prefer RvP though.
Ruud was Mr.Iceman in the box, always taking a nice little touch to send the defender the wrong way and score. Never seen a better finisher in the box.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah wish we had his prime version now, not one of our players in this squad is close to his ability and output.

Rajma

What a player! Just watched back his goal against us with Fenner and how telling it was everyone clapping him up and singing ‘Oh Robin Van Persie’, not many players can say that achieved that level of love with OT crowd. Puts to shame our current strikers who can’t trap the football.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
After DDG he's my favorite United player this decade.

That season was unreal. Didn't he score against all 19 opponents? These days the whole team can barely manage that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The striking technique, man. Take me back.

CM

That season was brilliant. 26 goals and 15 assists in the league, could you imagine any of our players putting up those kinds of numbers now?

Sanche7

Loved this Nike RVP Ad, probably one of the best ads ever made

Josh 76

The first half of his first season. Oh my fecking god.
The best striker we have ever had at this club.

Acole9

Outstanding
He pretty much won us the title six years ago, what a player. He will be missed.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Smashing player. Only Shame is we didn't have him for longer.

He was a joy to watch

AaronRedDevil

God i miss him. He just knows how to score. Positioning, composure and power. There's really no strikers out there like that at the moment. Him and zlatan are finishers.

United58

The striking technique, man. Take me back.
He really was insanely good - crazy how he only had the 2.5 world class seasons (2012/13 and last 18 months with Arsenal), injuries did hold him back though. Insane technique.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Loved watching rvp. So technically gifted, and a rocket of a shot. Thank you for number 20!

izec

He was driven in his first season here, wanted that title so badly. A draw with a brace was never good enough for him, always wanted the win and the ball/responsibility. Our last world class signing and attacker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would love to get him back involved with the club. Everyone seems to be obsessed with all things Dutch at the moment anyway, and Persie has always been a great technician and if he can pass some of his ideology on would be great.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
One hell of a player, absolutely world class. If he has any interest at all in coaching then I hope we offer him a position, his mentality was very strong and his technique was incredible. One of the best strikers I have ever seen.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

What a player! In his last season for Arsenal and in his first season with us, he was absolutely phenomenal. And the truly astonishing thing about the video just above is that for a good portion of the goals he scored the deliveries were nothing special. It was mostly his quality what turned those crosses/passes into goals. From that to Lukaku waiting for the ball to bounce off his body and hit the target or to Rahsford trying to eliminate all birdlife around OT.