Gaming Rocket League

Big Cheez

I'm up for playing some games on this. PSN is Big-Cheez10. Don't have a headset though - hope that's not a problem!

@Damien could you add me to that chat please?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
In party #1 (7):
BigRonShikken
IAmStoney
kingcoc1
NotoriousISSY
razvanbeldescu
Legend41
Damien1990UK

-------

those interested in a second party:
Shaney-Turbo
Big-Cheez10
seaNNN-v1

Last edited:

Leg-End

When I'm not getting knocked out of position by a flying Damo, yeah.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@Damien, is it possible for you to set up a 2 vs. 2 tournament? I think we have enough players for a knockout-style tournament. Plus, at this point, we have the most interest in the game.

Damien

Staff
Fell asleep :lol: Last nights stupidly late night antics, plus work today fecked me up good. I still had the playstation control in my hand when I woke up 5 minutes ago.
:lol: It was crazy. Was waiting for you on FIFA, sent you various party invites in case you came back and nada. Just you signed in on nothing. Try and get a decent rest! We had a blast anyway. At the weekend I can easily see there being 20+ people wanting to play at one time. If only the party chats could hold more than 8 people

Damien

Staff
Thing that'd make this perfect is something similar to FIFA where there's a club type setup. Have all caf members signed up to it and joining lobbies without the vast time spent organising things

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
:lol: It was crazy. Was waiting for you on FIFA, sent you various party invites in case you came back and nada. Just you signed in on nothing. Try and get a decent rest! We had a blast anyway. At the weekend I can easily see there being 20+ people wanting to play at one time. If only the party chats could hold more than 8 people
Yeah the 8 limit is a bit useless, but as the game is 8 player max atm, it's ok for now I suppose. Would be confusing listening to another game while you're playing a different one. Decent rest isn't on the cards, need to be in town tomorrow morning to pick up a few things, 2-10 shift tomorrow afternoon, then Saturday morning I've gotta get a train to York for a stag do and I won't return till god knows when.

Thing that'd make this perfect is something similar to FIFA where there's a club type setup. Have all caf members signed up to it and joining lobbies without the vast time spent organising things
Yeah a clubs type system would have been perfect, I was thinking it's probably about the correct amount of players per team at 4, any more and it would be complete chaos. Only way they could do it would be if they made "zones" where you had to pretty much stick to, but that would take some of the epicness away from it. Maybe zones for defence, and attack, where you could drive into the other zone for x seconds before you have to return to yours, or blow up and be out the game for 10 seconds.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I really hope that they add a "Clubs" sort of thing into this. It'd really make this game easier to handle when playing with many people. If no one has done this yet, sign up to Rocket League's forum at the main website and put up this suggestion. At the moment, though, their servers seem to be down once again.
Nice idea, not sure how we should do it though with sorting teams etc out.
I think we can set up a randomizer and pick pairs from that. That's the fairest way to set up teams of 2.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I really hope that they add a "Clubs" sort of thing into this. It'd really make this game easier to handle when playing with many people. If no one has done this yet, sign up to Rocket League's forum at the main website and put up this suggestion. At the moment, though, their servers seem to be down once again.

I think we can set up a randomizer and pick pairs from that. That's the fairest way to set up teams of 2.
Fair until it randomly selects you and @Leg-End on the same team!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fair until it randomly selects you and @Leg-End on the same team!
Of course, that'll be a rule. We've had this rule since the early stages, to be fair, so I doubt we'd throw that away. Anyways, if @Damien is not up for organizing, I'd be happy to do it if we have enough people interested (I'm thinking 12 is a good minimum).

EDIT: If you're still around, I wouldn't mind playing some ranked 2 vs. 2's with you.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Of course, that'll be a rule. We've had this rule since the early stages, to be fair, so I doubt we'd throw that away. Anyways, if @Damien is not up for organizing, I'd be happy to do it if we have enough people interested (I'm thinking 12 is a good minimum).

EDIT: If you're still around, I wouldn't mind playing some ranked 2 vs. 2's with you.
Yeah, I'm around, just finish this quest on the witcher and I'll jump over to Rocket League.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Me and @mazhar13 just had a few games ranked 2vs2, won every one of them, we were turning on the style at the start, maz moreso than me obviously, got a bit too confident later and were only just winning, a couple games went to OT.

Addictive as hell game! More pressure when ranked against people you don't know, didn't want to lose to feck maz's stats up :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
didn't want to lose to feck maz's stats up :lol:
Don't worry about that, mate. This game's real fun to play, so I wasn't concerned about winning or losing at all. It's not like FIFA where the game can get so boring that you care more about the record & stats than having fun.

I think ONO and I went 6 or 7-0 in our ranked session. A couple of close games, but most of them were quite comfortable. ONO's improving quite a bit with his overall game, so hopefully, he can break the duopoly that @Leg-End and I currently have. :)

If we can harness the ability to fly around and hit balls much higher, I think we can get even better, maybe even e-sports level.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Don't worry about that, mate. This game's real fun to play, so I wasn't concerned about winning or losing at all. It's not like FIFA where the game can get so boring that you care more about the record & stats than having fun.

I think ONO and I went 6 or 7-0 in our ranked session. A couple of close games, but most of them were quite comfortable. ONO's improving quite a bit with his overall game, so hopefully, he can break the duopoly that @Leg-End and I currently have. :)

If we can harness the ability to fly around and hit balls much higher, I think we can get even better, maybe even e-sports level.
Yeah, the results dont even bother me, nice to keep a streak going, but it's just hilarious to play, even losing has its enjoyment, usually the enjoyment of someone backflipping in one spot on the line :lol:

I've shown Stoney the flying thing and he wont stop doing it now, I keep seeing him fly across the field with no aim what so ever :lol:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yeah, the results dont even bother me, nice to keep a streak going, but it's just hilarious to play, even losing has its enjoyment, usually the enjoyment of someone backflipping in one spot on the line :lol:

I've shown Stoney the flying thing and he wont stop doing it now, I keep seeing him fly across the field with no aim what so ever :lol:
How do you fly - is that the jump and then boost in the air thing?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
What's the difference between ranked and normal matches?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yeah, thats the one Swoosh :lol: I think there are some cracking goals to be scored that way if I'm honest.
Cool - I've currently mastered the 'mistimed jumps that completely miss the ball', so I think I'm ready to move on to giving flying a go.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Flying's quite fun, as well. I'd love to master it, but at the moment, I'm just not interested in honing my skills on the Training ground. Defending the goal is another skill I don't feel like mastering at the moment, not until we face better players IMO.

I'd love to see Stoney fly around, though. I'd give him mad props if he gets a goal whilst flying!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Flying's quite fun, as well. I'd love to master it, but at the moment, I'm just not interested in honing my skills on the Training ground. Defending the goal is another skill I don't feel like mastering at the moment, not until we face better players IMO.

I'd love to see Stoney fly around, though. I'd give him mad props if he gets a goal whilst flying!
Do people still give people mad props?