Rodri | Man City player

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I like him but I wonder if Pep will replace him in the summer. It was striking how Silva was tasked with taking the ball off the keeper rather than Rodri dropping deep. Their defence isn’t getting any protection from the midfield anymore
I feel he would be sensational in a Klopp side
Silva was taking the ball from the defence because we marked Rodri very aggressively, typically with the striker dropping in on him and the attacking midfielder pressing the centre back. It was one of our most effective tactics which caused us to sacrifice a lot, and the only reason we did that is because Rodri can be so effective conducting play from deep. It wasn’t because Rodri wasn’t capable or willing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Silva is the ball carrier everytime we play with himself, Rodri and KDB in midfield. Rodri was actually fine today. Mostly because we play like a 4231 with KDB further forward than the other 2.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As with Casemiro's red last season, it's such a stupid thing for a player of that experience to do because it's so obviously going to be a red.

J2J

Will miss their game away to Arsenal with the straight red.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Shoulda walked today, he's been weirdly aggressive this season. That said he's easily our most important player. Absolute 1 man midfield at times.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Shoulda walked today, he's been weirdly aggressive this season. That said he's easily our most important player. Absolute 1 man midfield at times.
I mean he got booked for a shoulder check because Bruno avoided a blatant second yellow for his foul right before..

padr81

Supports
Man City
I mean he got booked for a shoulder check because Bruno avoided a blatant second yellow for his foul right before..
I know I thought Bruno could have walked today too, but Rodri was calmer last couple of seasons, this season he's in fighting form.

Rossa

I know I thought Bruno could have walked today too, but Rodri was calmer last couple of seasons, this season he's in fighting form.
Great player, but he should have been sent off for a second yellow following a minute worth of dissent after he was booked. Then he should have seen a third yellow for a tackle on Bruno later on. Dirty, but great, player.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
Great player, but he should have been sent off for a second yellow following a minute worth of dissent after he was booked. Then he should have seen a third yellow for a tackle on Bruno later on. Dirty, but great, player.
bruno should have been gone before all that

if he was a Utd player he’d have bags of red cards a la Casemiro

Irrational.

Funny how none of the refs have the testicular fortitude to make an example out of him like they do with Casemiro. Should’ve been sent off twice today.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Not sure why everyone is focusing on the cards aspect. Bruno was far worse and got away with more than Rodri did.

arthurka

Funny how only Utd players get sent off for dissent. It's comical to see how a player on a yellow can throw his arms about, shake his head and smash the grass without a second yellow card. Rodri should have walked today..

padr81

Supports
Man City
Agree, he never seemed to have this streak before. That said I don't dislike it, no harm in giving it back to Guimaraes who is also a great/dirty player, but if he had walked today we could have given Liverpool a big advantage in the title race.

Think he needs to work on keeping his head like he used to regardless of how he's feeling bout the opposition.

He's the one player we can't afford to lose.

Bwuk

There are plenty who believe Rice is better.
There’s people who believe the Earth is flat as well.

Rodri is comfortable the best in the world in his position. It’s so annoying how good he is. Him, KdB & Bernardo is ridiculous.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who, besides Arsenal fans? I mean, I really rate Rice, don't think he's all that far from Rodri, and I can't imagine anyone other than Arsenal fans actually saying this. Come on

Saying he's the best DM in the world is kind of reductive, he's a top 7-8 player in the world

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Who, besides Arsenal fans? I mean, I really rate Rice, don't think he's all that far from Rodri, and I can't imagine anyone other than Arsenal fans actually saying this. Come on

Saying he's the best DM in the world is kind of reductive, he's a top 7-8 player in the world
I'm not sure any sane Arsenal fans even think this, although we do have a fair number with Ty levels of delusion!

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
These feckers City. They go from replacing aguero to haaland, kompany to diaz, silva to bernado silva, fernandinho to rodri. I mean, talk about succession planning ffs.

Is it that Txixi fella thats in charge of their recruitment?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Rodri is better at his best than Rice at his best.

Rice has been the better DM this season. Rodri hasn't been great so far (but seems to be finding form)

But Rodri is more important to City than Rice is to Arsenal. When Rodri isn't there, they fall apart at both ends.

adexkola

Supports
So you haven't watched us this season? Just say that.
I have actually!

City have been porous defensively compared to in previous seasons. Now there are multiple reasons* for this apart from Rodri, but he's a part of the equation.

He's been better for City.

*The primary reason IMO is City's less composed game this season generating more turnovers and counter opportunities for the opposition. But again, Rodri isn't blameless here completely

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Rice has been the better DM this season. Rodri hasn't been great so far (but seems to be finding form)
Rodri's been immense this season. One or two poor games but what player doesn't have those?

adexkola

Supports
Rodri's been immense this season. One or two poor games but what player doesn't have those?
I didn't say he was horrible! And if you take a player out of a team and they look useless without him then there's a base level of competency he's providing regardless of dips in form

But I think he's had better seasons with City, where he looked imperious from start to finish. This season he's looked a bit more vulnerable.