g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rom & Tony Equal Club Record

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
how is it a record? Beckham to Cole or Yorke (or Ole) must be a way higher number. Or am I missing something?

el3mel

Chemistry between both was obvious since that Cska away game. They seem to always link together very well.

ti vu

Going from this video below:

Following are domestic:

v Southampton (1)
v Sheffield Wednesday (2)
v West Ham (3)
v West Ham (4)
v Leicester City (5)
v Leicester City (6)
v Liverpool (7)
v Nottingham Forest (8)
v Chelsea (9)
v Chelsea (10)
v Newcastle (11)

Going from this, the Liverpool one was in the FA Cup - same as both Chelsea ones, leaving:

v Southampton (1)
v Sheffield Wednesday (2)
v West Ham (3)
v West Ham (4)
v Leicester City (5)
v Leicester City (6)
v Nottingham Forest (7)
v Newcastle (8)

Lukaku and Martial just two behind with plenty of the season left to go.

Assist stats were only formally written down in the Prem around the early 2000s - I think.
Going by Darmien post, they are also only 2 behind in total(9 to 11 of Yorke-Cole) already. Unlike Yorke and Cole, we can see these 2 haven't yet been played to there full potential as duo. Martial doesn't start all the time or played closer to Lukaku in some games... Promising sign.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Going by Darmien post, they are also only 2 behind in total(9 to 11 of Yorke-Cole) already. Unlike Yorke and Cole, we can see these 2 haven't yet been played to there full potential as duo. Martial doesn't start all the time or played closer to Lukaku in some games... Promising sign.
Not quite - there were 4 (I think) European goals in 1998/99 too so they're on 9 to Yorke-Cole's 15. Still good considering like you say they don't play as close to each other.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kind of doubt that it's some sort of record, someone must have gotten confused somewhere and the stat misunderstood.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/man...sts-1987-88-today.396084/page-4#post-16444997
This shows combinations over the years, Giggs alone assisting Van Nistelrooy 26 times in 5 seasons - over 5 per season. Though I guess that's all comps. Also doesn't include the inverse (not that RvN would assist Giggs much, but still). Beckham assisted RvN 10 times over 2 seasons.

Ronaldo to Rooney happened 15 times, Rooney to Ronaldo happened 13 times. 28 combined in 5 seasons, over 5 combined a season. Nani to Rooney 17 times, though I would guess the majority were between 2010-2012, though can't say for sure.
So unless loads of player combo's got to 6 and that's it, I doubt it. 3 assists each doesn't seem like much. Rooney had 16 goals in 2012/13, Van Persie had 30. Or 12 and 26 in the league. Both had 10+ assists in the league. I feel like they combined for more then 6 goals that season.

Edit: Never mind just watched RvP's goals and assists that year. With Rooney there were 4 in the league and 2 in the CL so 6 total. Valencia had 5 assists to him, pretty sure at least won 1 penalty (against Liverpool I think) so that would be 6, maybe won a free kick or pen to get more. Ends there though! Giggs had 4 or 5. Rafael, evra, kagawa all had around 3 or 4 I think.
Guess when you think about it, it's usually a bit more spread out and when you have 1 main scorer and 1 main assister, getting 6 assists to one player alone is quite a bit. Ronaldo and Rooney probably my main guess would have 6 but not more. (Just checked, 06/07 they had 6 between each other.

Last edited:

AttackingFlair

Rooney and Valencia combined 5 times in the four fixtures against Wigan and West Ham alone in the PL 09/10 off the top of my head

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rooney and Valencia combined 5 times in the four fixtures against Wigan and West Ham alone in the PL 09/10 off the top of my head
Rooney and Valencia had 5 total in 09/10, rooney and nani had 4 total. Probably around 4 or 5 with both Giggs and Berba as well.

mav_9me

Going by what further research above by @Damien and @bosnian_red shows, it does seem to be a good haul of combined assists/goals, particularly because it seems its usually one way as in Beckham to RVN.