Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Born2Lose

Talking of scummy clubs owned by scummy owners. In case anyone missed earlier today the UAE (City owners) abstained from voting on a UN draft resolution condemning Russia's actions in Ukraine.

Pintu

Talking of scummy clubs owned by scummy owners. In case anyone missed earlier today the UAE (City owners) abstained from voting on a UN draft resolution condemning Russia's actions in Ukraine.
And they are currently massacring and starving the Yemeni population.

Simbo

Don't be fooled, Chelsea FC is Abramovic's personal propertaly, everyone employed there works for him.

That isn't changing.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well, of course.
And,... if he does then how does this stop any action been taken that will impact Chelsea?

I could give my kids 'stewardship' of my house if I thought the bank was going to force me to sell it to clear the overdraft, but if my name is still on deeds then I'm still selling it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
And,... if he does then how does this stop any action been taken that will impact Chelsea?

I could give my kids 'stewardship' of my house if I thought the bank was going to force me to sell it to clear the overdraft, but if my name is still on deeds then I'm still selling it.
Nobody in power gives a shit about taking action against Chelsea. Roman has been in charge for nearly 2 decades, everyone has known who he is and they've done nothing.

This is just to make it even easier for the government to do nothing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

So it's a shield then? Give your kids a few handicaps and even if your name is on the deed the bank would have to 'make some blind kids homeless'.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Just announced on the Everton - City game. What does this mean? Nothing?

Just another way around the rules like with all the pumped up “sponsorship” money they pay themselves?
Means nothing unless he's anticipating sanctions on more Russians in the UK who might be closer to Putin.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nobody in power gives a shit about taking action against Chelsea.

Yeah, correct.

And fair fecks to that, actually. I don't know precisely what it is (some) people are dreaming about here: Boris throwing Chelsea out of the PL?

There are far bigger fish to fry, and far more important issues to focus on, at the moment.

C'est Moi Cantona

Nobody in power gives a shit about taking action against Chelsea.

I understand that part, I just don't understand why RA felt the need to do this. It just gives more attention to what is really a minor matter, and now it almost makes the government look even weaker and draws more attention to that, as RA clearly felt he had to do something about the matter just in case they did first..

duffer

Scout
I understand that part, I just don't understand why RA felt the need to do this. It just gives more attention to what is really a minor matter, and now it almost makes the government look even weaker and draws more attention to that, as RA clearly felt he had to do something about the matter first.
It gives the illusion that something has been done I guess. That'll be enough for a large part of the media.

Roman is a lot of things but I don't think anyone believes he's an idiot (sanctioning the purchase of centre forwards aside).

cyberman

It gives the illusion that something has been done I guess. That'll be enough for a large part of the media.

Roman is a lot of things but I don't think anyone believes he's an idiot (sanctioning the purchase of centre forwards aside).
I can’t see why it would be enough? Why would the media be happy with half measures? If anything Labour will hammer home any soft play

duffer

Scout
I can’t see why it would be enough? Why would the media be happy with half measures? If anything Labour will hammer home any soft play
The media will be full of "Roman steps down" headlines tomorrow and they'll move on to the next shiny thing in a day or so.

The actual reality of the situation isn't really that sexy and I'd imagine there's bigger fish for them to try than trying to oust Roman after 20 or so years of them not giving a single shit that he owned Chelsea.

That's my guess anyway.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't think he's an idiot at all, but there's no illusion here, he still owns the club, and will be back when it suits, so this doesn't stop any action been taken, but this was never going to happen anyway.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Nobody in power gives a shit about taking action against Chelsea. Roman has been in charge for nearly 2 decades, everyone has known who he is and they've done nothing.

100% this.
I also find it baffling people think he's suddenly gonna ask for his money back. Regardless of his ties its clear Roman has no intention of ever asking for that money back and has genuine affection for Chelsea regardless of how he felt when purchasing. Not a bit of this will effect you guys in any way (nor should it).

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Just protecting his back from the knives coming his way. Pre emptive strike if you like.
Just doing the sensible thing.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Surely sponsors were slightly weary about being associated with a club owned by an oligarch with rumoured links to Putin? Especially if what we all fear in Ukraine happens next with huge civilian casualties. This helps protect from that.

cyberman

The media will be full of "Roman steps down" headlines tomorrow and they'll move on to the next shiny thing in a day or so.

The actual reality of the situation isn't really that sexy and I'd imagine there's bigger fish for them to try than trying to oust Roman after 20 or so years of them not giving a single shit.

That's my guess anyway.
That’s if they’re buying into it, that’s a massive leap. The current climate doesn’t adhere to “well technically” imo nor is there any sign that the government will take this as a win.
The problem here is thinking Roman is in the control of the situation. Not being hands on with something you own doesn’t mean you don’t own it. From the outside it looks as if Roman is setting up the guardians of the club in case the worst happens so you aren’t rudderless but we’ll see what happens

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
RIP Chelski

At least you already have Drinkwater under contract for your new level

Offsideagain

The money will still come from Abramovich as will the decisions to hire and fire. This is just smoke and mirrors.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He's actually out of contract in a few months. He can go home to Man United to replace Pogba and be the answer to your eternal midfield woes.
Touché :p

George The Best

It’s a smokescreen which could put the club under further scrutiny. He’s not transferred any assets as it stands, just appointed new management. He still owns it, has Bruce Buck as one of the charitable trustees so likely still calling the shots.

frostbite

This is not about Chelsea only, this is about many other companies owned by Russians who are using the same trick (a trust they control behind the scenes). This shows how the Russian oligarchs will keep their companies and their wealth even if sanctions are imposed to them. Of course, the authorities can do something about this, but the question is: will they?