Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Dr. StrangeHate

Even if nothing has really changed at Chelsea and the money is still there, I wonder if they'll struggle a bit more than usual in the transfer market, as I can't see many big name players wanting to go there for a while.
Players don't really care where the money comes from. Players will be lining up to joining Chelsea and Newcastle in the summer just like they have been joining City, PSG and Chelsea in the past.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, you made up the numbers a couple of times. :D
We topped a group with the mighty AC Milan in it and Barca needed extra time and a red card to eliminate us after we won the first leg 3-1. We reached the semis the next time we qualified, but obviously Abramovich had arrived by then and it was a different team to the one that qualified the season before. Clearly we weren't CL regulars but we weren't a one and done club like Leicester either :D

Pintu

Yeah, like leicester.
Chelsea was in the top 4 of the PL 3 times before Abra (97/98, 98/99 and 02/03). Actually, it is said he was hesitating in 2003 and could have bought another club, had they failed to secure the top 4 finish at the end of the 2002/03 season.

I think they were better than Leicester. They won a European Cup in 98.

LARulz

Trevor Philips on his show called out Liz Truss and said by him doing this it's just blocking his asset's. All the Russian billionaires are doing that so what's the point. She gave a BS answer as per

mu4c_20le

Chelsea was in the top 4 of the PL 3 times before Abra (97/98, 98/99 and 02/03). Actually, it is said he was hesitating in 2003 and could have bought another club, had they failed to secure the top 4 finish at the end of the 2002/03 season.

I think they were better than Leicester. They won a European Cup in 98.
Mayhe I should've said Spurs, at least Leicester won the PL ;) do you remember which clubs he was considering at the time?

K Stand Knut

In other words, ‘Excuse me, Sir. Would you mind holding this bag of drugs and cash for me whilst the Police search me? Thanks’

Pintu

Mayhe I should've said Spurs, at least Leicester won the PL ;) do you remember which clubs he was considering at the time?
According to Sven-Goran Eriksson whom he consulted at the time, he wanted to buy a club in Russia and make it a superpower in Europe, but after looking at the infrastructure Sven told him to turn to Europe's big leagues instead. Then he said London would be the only place for him. (Probably a much safer city for dirty money??).

In London, there were 2 main options at the time Spurs and Chelsea. Both could be bought easily.

Sven told him "if you want to win the league then Chelsea, one only has to change half of the team. With Spurs you'd have to buy an entirely new team."

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Chelsea and City have to be sanctioned or better banned.

Chelsea for obvious reasons and city because uae did not vote against russia in the un.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Chelsea and City have to be sanctioned or better banned.

Chelsea for obvious reasons and city because uae did not vote against russia in the un.
City wore shirts.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We topped a group with the mighty AC Milan in it and Barca needed extra time and a red card to eliminate us after we won the first leg 3-1. We reached the semis the next time we qualified, but obviously Abramovich had arrived by then and it was a different team to the one that qualified the season before. Clearly we weren't CL regulars but we weren't a one and done club like Leicester either :D
Is that the one where Ronaldinho played out of his skin and turned the whole thing?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Is that the one where Ronaldinho played out of his skin and turned the whole thing?
That was 2004/2005 - Ronaldinho was still at Gremio in 99/00.

Chelsea went through in that match - but we were up 4-2 on aggregate and 3-0 on the night, then Dinho scored 2 to put Barca in position to go through on away goals. Late Terry goal though won it for us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Nah this was a couple of years before Ronaldinho's time. Figo, Rivaldo, Kluivert etc were in that Barca team.

cyberman

Brilliant this I give you my team but I still control it..
Past being taken away I really think this hurts Chelsea in terms of sponsorship etc. companies are dropping Russian sponsors never mind a club owned by an actual oligarch who is trying to snake out of this situation with stunts like this.
I’m shocked at the lack of holy shit coming from their fanbase.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Past being taken away I really think this hurts Chelsea in terms of sponsorship etc. companies are dropping Russian sponsors never mind a club owned by an actual oligarch who is trying to snake out of this situation with stunts like this.
We've known who Roman is since he took over. Any "holy shit" was expressed two decades ago.

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Holy Shit opponent fan’s are losing their shit! Let me know when our sponsors leave.

cyberman

We've known who Roman since he took over. Any "holy shit" was expressed two decades ago.
I’m not talking about the past but moving forward. This is probably good news in keeping Roman on as owner by the scorn of people already seeing through this should hurt your commercial pockets. How can sponsors etc not drop out now?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I’m not talking about the past but moving forward. This is probably good news in keeping Roman on as owner by the scorn of people already seeing through this should hurt your commercial pockets. How can sponsors etc not drop out now?
Because all they care about is money. We'll see I guess, how many sponsors drop out.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Firstly the tweet quote doesn't match the content of the article. Which doesn't present evidence Abramovich is connected to the Russian government and responsible in any way for Ukraine...

Secondly, the article does make points about where Abramovich got his money from. Which we know already, Soviet assets were sold off below true value, to cut a long story short. It has nothing to do with the current crisis.

More importantly, money from countries around the world has been generated in this way. If you know the right people, especially China, other Asian couny pretty much all the middle East, Africa and South America.

Thirdly, the quote tweet is simply stiring more Russophobia. We've already seen a call in parliament to kick out all Russians from the UK, regardless of guilt for anything at all!

How long till Russians have to wear an armband in public so they can be identified and vilified?

Does evidence of wrong doing matter?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Will miss the crook, going against charity doesn't have the same ring to it.

He is certainly involved with Putin. You can't be what Roman is, if that's not the case. However, also read somewhere he wanted to disconnect from it as much as possible. Now, I don't know what's the truth, but I can recognise a good, old witch-hunt when I see it.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Sweet fecking Jesus. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I can out scholarly this guy with a two second google!!

Boris Yeltsin
In 1999, the 33-year-old Abramovich was elected governor of the Russian province of Chukotka. He ran for a second term as governor in 2005.
Years before Putin took office. Don’t believe everything on the internet. Even moreso on Twitter.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Ooh - No links at all between Putin and Abramovic then. If he gets sanctioned it’ll be exactly like Jews in Nazi Germany. Cheers for correcting me.
Your tweet was crap and misinformation. You’re welcome

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sweet fecking Jesus. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Ooh, a twitter thread from someone claiming to be an expert and not presenting any actual evidence and who asks to be hired at the end of it....:lol:. Abramovich used to be involved in Russian politics, he hasn't been for years and there isn't any evidence he is now. Just hearsay and conjecture from morons like this guy!

Tell me I'm wrong that it hasn't been suggested to throw all Russians out of the UK regardless of anything they've actually done or not?