Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That's Azpilicueta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Emerson, Christensen (already off) and Musonda as most known players gone if this is not resolved by the Summer.

macheda14

That's Azpilicueta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Emerson, Christensen (already off) and Musonda as most known players gone if this is not resolved by the Summer.
Azpi has an option for one more year, whether they can legally take that option is another question.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rudiger's deal expires this summer. Kante's deal expires next summer. No way for Chelsea to deal with either now...

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
"HM treasury can revoke, suspend or vary this license at any time" Seems soon as we are sold, it all gets lifted.

Special dispensation required to complete the sale

The entire suspensions end 31st May 2022

Nogbadthebad

My issue with it all is simple.

He's the EXACT same man, with the same dodgy connections, the same source of money that he was the day he bought Chelsea.

Nothing has actually changed.

He should never have been allowed to buy it in the first place.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Can we not remove people who clearly support Putin and this war?!

It is quite obvious what this guy’s stance is here.

A war criminal massacring innocent civilians and threatening nuclear war is now just “someone the government doesn’t like”. Disgusting take.

Also “anti-anti-racist”? How is this allowed.
Get off your high horse, I don't support Putin but I don't support blaming people who have nothing to do with the war.

The last people to do that were the NAZIs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He's the EXACT same man, with the same dodgy connections, the same source of money that he was the day he bought Chelsea.

The PL don't care, as long as you can bring in more money you can buy a club. That's why KSA was allowed to buy Newcastle so they can create another super team and expand their Arabian market.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
The British Government punishes Chelsea because they have a Russian Owner but they have no issue With Arab Nations with awful human rights owning clubs like Man City?

Can people not see the agenda here?

OT1214

A significant increase in the number of man city fans worldwide!!

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Can we not remove people who clearly support Putin and this war?!

It is quite obvious what this guy’s stance is here.

A war criminal massacring innocent civilians and threatening nuclear war is now just “someone the government doesn’t like”. Disgusting take.

Also “anti-anti-racist”? How is this allowed.

While your point is correct, it would help if those punishments are applied uniformly and not just during conflicts which the West are against.

PS: I don't support Putin, this war, etc, in case someone says I do because of what I said above.

Baxter

The British Government punishes Chelsea because they have a Russian Owner but they have no issue With Arab Nations with awful human rights owning clubs like Man City?

A lot of whataboutery here. Neither KSA or the UAE should have been allowed to buy their teams but it is what it is.

macheda14

So it actualy doesnt affect us at all for the summer window... and beyond...
No this is the license you have been granted. If Roman’s sanctions go beyond May then yes you very much will be affected and they will renew terms of the license.

Interval

Level
This will hasten the club sale at a throw away price. This is good news for Chelsea fans.

New owners with possibly a little more left over to invest over and above.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Assume that Roman would still be legally able to call in his loan to the club?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
All this means is Chelsea will be sold in the next week or two, probably for a lower price...

LARulz

This will hasten the club sale at a throw away price. This is good news for Chelsea fans.

New owners with possibly a little more left over to invest over and above.
But isn't the sanctions so he has no benefit from the sale supposedly? So what benefit is it to him now to sell if he doesn't make money?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

What are you on about, a country is commiting war crimes and your owner's wealth is directly linked to the leader of said country.

It's not an agenda, it's a legitmate government response.

Classical Mechanic

It's not hard to see the agenda. Russia have invaded a European democracy so the West are exercising the levers of power available to it as part of the conflict. It's not got much to do with football or morality, it's simply about attacking a dangerous enemy.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No but I would imagine it drives a huge dagger through the sales process.
itll bring even more interest now, club price will tumble. 3bn? Not a cat in hells chance, be lucky to get 1.5 now. So anyone who wanted to buy us but baulked at original price, will now come charging in

JustAGuest

The Saudis are much worse and that wasn't an issue a few months ago. Although I'm welcoming any action they take.