Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Gazza

whenever there's talk of the Glazers selling people say hardly anyone could afford us anyway

Chelsea up for sale for a couple of weeks at ~3bn and have 10 bids!
I wonder if the Glazers are watching this and getting ideas. Hoping so, anyway.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
For those of you that don't know anything about NFL. The Jets are disastrously run.
haha seen a few absolute scathing comments about how he runs the Jets on social media. Does he simply not invest?

Seems aswell that there is nothing in place regarding who buys the club, contrary to reports about the type of buyer theyd not sell to, or be allowed to sell to. Unless obviously its another Russian oligarch.

Dan-Utd

Personally I think there is one good solution for Roman Abramovich to avoid having to sell his beloved Chelsea.

Thomas Tuchel becomes the new Manchester United manager... because he is a very good, talented, young manager with recent big trophy wins under his belt.

Andriy Shevchenko gets the Chelsea managers job... the Russian appointing a Ukrainian will appease some of the Roman Abramovich critics.

As a United fan I'd be happy with Tuchel and I'd also be happy with Shevchenko as with him at the helm Chelsea will be fighting for 6th and 7th. :)

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Personally I think there is one good solution for Roman Abramovich to avoid having to sell his beloved Chelsea.

Thomas Tuchel becomes the new Manchester United manager... because he is a very good, talented, young manager with recent big trophy wins under his belt.

Andriy Shevchenko gets the Chelsea managers job... the Russian appointing a Ukrainian will appease some of the Roman Abramovich critics.

As a United fan I'd be happy with Tuchel and I'd also be happy with Shevchenko as with him at the helm Chelsea will be fighting for 6th and 7th. :)
Why would Tuchel accept a step down?

Rudi G

This is pretty smart. It would take care of multiple problems at once and I suspect it's something the media would get behind. You may be joking but you are on to something.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
So we've been linked now to the owners of the most comically inept NFL franchise and now the most comically inept NBA franchise. Promising stuff, this
Has to come to a point where is all PR bullshit and lazy journalism.

I've also seen the Chicago Cubs owners wanting to get a consortium together and bid.

whoever buys us may get linked in the media, but the actual people involved will likely stay quiet and say nothing until the deal is close. I imagine there will be NDA's signed and all sorts during the bidding stage, which is why when i think about it, I reckon that Swiss billionaire has been too chatty to be in with a serious chance.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Has to come to a point where is all PR bullshit and lazy journalism.

I've also seen the Chicago Cubs owners wanting to get a consortium together and bid.

whoever buys us may get linked in the media, but the actual people involved will likely stay quiet and say nothing until the deal is close. I imagine there will be NDA's signed and all sorts during the bidding stage, which is why when i think about it, I reckon that Swiss billionaire has been too chatty to be in with a serious chance.
I am starting to think it will be a serious Billionaire or a national wealth fund. Can't see an American taking it as they like investment projects that will raise cash down the line quite quickly. Chelsea instead represent a trophy asset which offers the chance of a vanity building project.

People may think that this is a bad thing, but for someone with too much money and an ego, it probably looks appetising.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't rule out the scenario where Abramovich changes his mind and takes the club off the market once the heat dies down, whether that be the war is over or he gets confirmation that he won't get sanctioned.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't rule out the scenario where Abramovich changes his mind and takes the club off the market once the heat dies down, whether that be the war is over or he gets confirmation that he won't get sanctioned.
I don't think so. It's over for Roman. He won't operate from uk any more. Putin will not stay calm even this war is over. He will again pick another war.

Some rumours suggested he will sue whoever called him as close to Putin. He get the damage claim and put those amount also to Ukraine war charity.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So we've been linked now to the owners of the most comically inept NFL franchise and now the most comically inept NBA franchise. Promising stuff, this
Half expecting Donald Trump to throw his name in the hat at this point.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I wouldn't absolutely rule that out either.

But it would seem to depend on said heat dying down rather quickly - and in a particular way (some kind of normal/normalized relations being re-established with Russia). The latter seems very unlikely at the moment (even if the actual war comes to a close soon).

C'est Moi Cantona

It'll be interesting to see how much RA actually gets (if this all isn't some sort of wild goose chase of course), as if it's anyway near £3B, then the £4B that is banded about for us is actually fairly logical, and more a case of the Glazers not wanting to sell, than it been a unrealistic valuation.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He's been allowed in the country, just not on his tier 1 visa he had before. Had his Israeli passport for years and could have visited games on it. He chose not to due to unhappiness with the Visa being cancelled?

Fans shouldn't be distributing the minutes applause / silence for Ukraine.

Given Roman has nothing directly to do with the Ukraine invasion or the Russian government for many years, I can understand the sense of injustice.

I suppose as long as owners of other clubs are forced to sell when their passport country gets involved in an illegal war, I won't have a problem with it.

Fairness, Justice and all that right?
fecking hell. You ok?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It'll be interesting to see how much RA actually gets (if this all isn't some sort of wild goose chase of course), as if it's anyway near £3B, then the £4B that is banded about for us is actually fairly logical, and more a case of the Glazers not wanting to sell, than it been a unrealistic valuation.
It'll be very interesting, because for me Chelsea are significantly over-valued at £3bn. I would expect it to be roughly half of that, although I wouldn't be shocked if it just tips over £2bn.

MDFC Manager

More likely there were no buyers at 4bn.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
It'll be very interesting, because for me Chelsea are significantly over-valued at £3bn. I would expect it to be roughly half of that, although I wouldn't be shocked if it just tips over £2bn.
Yes, people were saying that about every house on the market - ten years ago :)

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Will be interesting to see where this Ukraine fund money goes. If Russia doesn’t take the country, especially. Would Putin allow him to spend more than half on Ukrainians? I would think it would go to rebuilding, but that Russians would end up as the owners.

TheReligion

Abusive
So many bids being prepared..

Seems very much all guess work. Is anyone actually interested enough to commit to this given global instability? I don’t think they will be.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
So many bids being prepared..

Seems very much all guess work. Is anyone actually interested enough to commit to this given global instability? I don’t think they will be.
Boehly and Wyss have already submitted a bid.