Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think it's pretty clear who the good Chelsea fans are on here and who the morons are.

Would be the same if it was happening to Utd to be fair, you'd get some idiots embarrassing Utd fans in general.
The few days have shown another good example of exactly why I would be considering my future as a season ticket holder at Old Trafford if United fell into the wrong hands. I don’t want my support for United to be weaponised like this.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
with chelsea ceasing to exist, will they promote 4 teams from the championship for next year?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
@Zaphod2319 is having a total meltdown here constantly trying to belittle utd fans on a utd forum. Didn't know that we aren't allowed to make banters if we are going through a poor season.

Keep em coming for all the entertainment :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Copied from Reddit because I obviously have no morals...

Summary:
  • Roman Abramovich has given the green light for the sale of Chelsea to go ahead, with bids now expected to be considered by the end of next week.
  • Raine had set a deadline of next Tuesday for first bids, but that is now set to be pushed back to the end of next week to allow for the 24-hour pause in the process and to try to attract more bidders.
  • There is currently a three-way shootout for Chelsea between three American-led groups. Todd Boehly’s consortium has made a bid of between £2billion and £2.5bn, with the Ricketts family and Woody Johnson also thought to have put forward proposals.
  • The fact Chelsea seem prepared to wait until the end of next week for bids to be considered would suggest the club has enough cash to operate under sanctions in the short-term
  • The club’s main shirt sponsor Three have suspended their deal and asked for their logo to be taken off, but Chelsea do not have a stock of blank shirts to use. That means the players are likely to either still wear the Three logo or it will be covered up.
  • Chelsea will continue to pay staff members, even if they have been stood down, but freelance and contract staff will not be paid.
  • Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Lille next Wednesday will not be impacted by the sanctions, as the club had already booked and paid for their trip to France.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
@Zaphod2319 is having a total meltdown here constantly trying to belittle utd fans on a utd forum. Didn't know that we aren't allowed to make banters if we are going through a poor season.

We can’t say shit because we are not going to compete in the CL next season. We better just zip it.

Complete moron.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He's a melt anyway.

choccy77

Klopps comments today.

Jurgen Klopp: "Did anyone really care when Roman Abramovich came to Chelsea? Did anyone really care when Newcastle got taken over? It is pretty obvious where the money is coming from. Everyone knew it, but we accepted it. That’s our fault. We accepted it."

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You know why, without Roman they would be a mid table team. He is their biggest legend.
Their fans booed Anton Ferdinand following the racist incident with John Terry. They're an odd bunch.
Because they absolutely understand where they would be without him. They wouldn’t win shit. They are singing his name because they like him. They don’t give a shit about the suffering caused by him. If they did, they’d cheer the sanctions and would celebrate the opportunity to reclaim their club and free it from the hands of a war criminal. Instead they choose to celebrate him at a time when his cruelty and the consequences of it are on display for the whole world to see.
The sang because he’s bigger than the club. Chelsea’s whole identity is now built on his contributions.
Indeed they seem to have a big admiration towards Roman more than I realized. I thought most of them despise him because he's the reason why Chelsea were labelled as plastic club by other fans. Idk about you but if my club had a filthy rich owner that improved the club considerably but is currently controversial, if he currently has problems with it that affects the club I wouldn't give a feck if he leaves the club. I would just shut up and watch how it goes. At worst case the club won't regress in one week, the quality manager & players are still there and the trophies are still kept in club's cabinet, the history won't be erased. Should there be a change in ownership, due to clubs valuation it will be another filthy rich person/group that buys the club anyway. Singing a song for him is even more ridiculous it's like you are not only admiring him but also loving him. It's the stuff that you often see between fans and players or fans and club, not fans and owners. Ultimately for most owners the club is a business. The fact that he came in and willing to invest so much was his decision as a businessman and the fans don't have to love him for that. Imagine singing a song for Bill Gates because he invested so much in Microsoft because you are using a paid version of Microsoft Office, well you've already paid for the product, who gives a shit about how much money Bill Gates or other investors had spent initially. In the case of football you've already paid for tickets, merchandise, memberships, etc. that's is already supportive of the club and more or less the owner.

They're just being stupid. Reminds me of that one Youtuber that went ballistic when Jose left Chelsea the 2nd time, then they hired Conte and started winning. Much drama such wow.

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Klopps comments today.

Jurgen Klopp: "Did anyone really care when Roman Abramovich came to Chelsea? Did anyone really care when Newcastle got taken over? It is pretty obvious where the money is coming from. Everyone knew it, but we accepted it. That’s our fault. We accepted it."
Said more than that though didn’t he. The first Mgr to point the finger directly at Vlad.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Imagine buying something for 2.5billion but having the consumers of that product pine for the previous owner - reckon the new owners will be in for some serious headaches with the Chelsea fans.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine buying something for 2.5billion but having the consumers of that product pine for the previous owner - reckon the new owners will be in for some serious headaches with the Chelsea fans.
They'll win the fans over with results (if they buy for that price it's not in their interests to see the club coast into mediocrity and see the value plummet).

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I would be very surprised if anybody pays 2.5 billion.

I do think the new owners will be in a tricky spot. Assuming they care aboutmoney, they’re going to have to move the club toward a sustainable model, which means a pretty steep reduction in the wage bill and player costs, which means letting good players walk and being prudent in the market for a while, which almost certainly means a less competitive team for the next couple years. It will be interesting to see how Chelsea fans react.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They'll win the fans over with results (if they buy for that price it's not in their interests to see the club coast into mediocrity and see the value plummet).
It doesn't really matter who you get, they won't be pumping money into you like RA has, unless you get "lucky" again with an individual with similar motives.

Generally business people want to make money, not lose it, so Chelsea FC will have to become self sustainable at a minimum and Chelsea haven't proven to be self sustaining for almost two decades, of which Chelsea fans have come accustomed to a certain way of life.

Either way, the new owners won't offer you what RA did, and that'll make it difficult for them however you want to spin it, just like @Powderfinger points out, no more crazy signings or wages.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It doesn't really matter who you get, they won't be pumping money into you like RA has, unless you get "lucky" again with an individual with similar motives.

Generally business people want to make money, not lose it, so Chelsea FC will have to become self sustainable at a minimum and Chelsea haven't proven to be self sustaining for almost two decades, of which Chelsea fans have come accustomed to a certain way of life.

Either way, the new owners won't offer you what RA did, and that'll make it difficult for them however you want to spin it, just like @Powderfinger points out, no more crazy signings or wages.
I don't really need to spin it anyway. If they're buying the club for £2bn or more then it's in their best interests to keep the club successful as a descend to mid table will see the club value fall through the floor.

You're right they very possibly/likely won't invest to the sheer level Abramovich did (dare I say with the coach we've got, team we already have and players coming through he won't have to) but we won't be getting a Mike Ashley either.

frostbite

I don't see why Chelsea has to be protected. They should be relegated. They profited from dirty Russian money for two decades, now they should pay the price. Chelsea is not the first company or team with bad owners, see what happened to Derby County.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

That'd be Todd Boehly. Wants the big star names to help also attract lucrative sponsors. Its why, out of the rumoured names, he is the one we should hope gets it.

Last edited: