4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi2

He's done as a footballer.... I'd trade him for Rooney but I don't think DC United will take Lukaku.
I never thought Id say this but Rooney in his latter days actually brought more to the pitch than Lukaku does now.
We need to sell him this summer no question. Either Rash or Martial will do the trick for now. He is just a terrible footballer

VJ1762

This dude is a walking meme this season.
And people shit on Pogba for 'not dragging the team to victory'. Even Messi would struggle in this team.

Chairman Steve

Unfortunately I’m done with Lukaku now. He’s not consistent enough to be very top level.

It probably doesn’t help he’s a part of this farce but I can’t see too much changing when Jose is gone. Part of the reason too is I get the feeling Jose is trying to turn him into another Drogba, when Lukaku isn’t really a target man. At best he should have constant movement around him playing it to his feet, but then again when you play it to his feet, it ricochets like a bullet off of him.

Trizy

What an extremely poor footballer. 10% might be down to confidence and negative Jose but the other 90% is just bring completely shit.

In my Sunday league team I honestly don't think anyone has a worst touch than him. Not even the goalie.

Morpheus 7

It's the manager who is giving him countless opportunities, anyone could see he's way off it for ages. We play so much better as a team when he's not on these days. Why not give young Mason Greenwood a chance tonight, we had nothing to lose going in to this really. I bet his movement and hold up play couldn't have been any worse. Such a shame Sanchez is injured, he could have a got a real run up top again. When Jose goes I want a more versatile striker up top, would love Icardi. Back to his performance, it involved standing around the wing, giving the ball away and pointing at others.

laughtersassassin

Perhaps the worst starting striker I have seen at the club. I had faith in him once but he simply doesn't deserve to play.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I've seen enough.

I back our players fully all the time and you can check my posts.

He's not not good enough, never has been and never will.

What can a new manager do? More crosses amd kicking it into the channels? No.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The clip that keeps being posted honestly isn't that bad
Lukaku as a player however quite clearly isn't up to the standarts of Manchester United

I remember the debates about Lacazette/Morata/Lukaku, back then I already was convinced Lacazette was the better of the three but I still thought Lukaku was a good enough player to contribute only through his good goalscoring output, turns out that once he loses that he's really just an useless player.

I hope that if we go for a CF we don't get another player whose quality only shine through goal numbers (thinking of Icardi there who i specifically don't want at United) but rather a complete player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What makes me laugh is when people think he just needs to "work on his first touch". It's something you either have, or you don't. Lukaku has never had a good first touch. He has never been a technically gifted player. He's always been a physically gifted player, but never had that quality on the ball. It's not a matter of just working on it. Some parts of your game you can improve, some you can't. Technique is very much something that is evident from a very young age, and it doesn't change too much from that. Refining what you have a bit, sure. But Lukaku needs a complete overhaul in his whole technique, and that's impossible. He's been playing football every day for ages, and his first touch and technique has always been his weakness. People who thought that by joining United this would magically change were kidding themselves. Never was good enough and never going to be good enough. The sooner we cut our losses, the better.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One of his better recent performances to me. Funny how we all see the game differently. I saw Pogba’s performance called garbage and disgraceful too.

The bar isn’t high for Lukaku, but, under a certain light, from a certain angle, he actually looked like a footballer at times today. Got the ball and passed to teammates on a few occasions, and I’ll take that for now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Will be a pain for the club to offload him when a new manager is eventually appointed, although he will probably score goals for us in the Europa League if we manage to qualify.

This post is serious, how utterly depressing.

Devil may care

I don't know why so many are so surprised, plenty of us said when we bought him that while his goal ratio was good his touch is garbage and his all round play is nowhere near the standard required for a club that has the aspirations we are supposed to have.

That last one he actually controlled with his first touch and then passed it to a Valencia player, so close!

InfiniteBoredom

It's Mourinho's fault for buying him. It's not like his first touch was extraordinary at Everton either.
Half of this forums said it'd be a disaster at the time of the purchase. Half of the other half acknowledged that his first touch and technique are shite but they could be improved on because he is young.

This guy isnt some unknown prospect, hes played PL football since the age of 19. The blame lies squarely on the manager who first bought him, couldnt finesse his game and couldnt use him in a way that accentuate his strength and mask his weakness.

Sauldogba

I know hes a bit shit now but these stupid little memes from our own "fans" will do nothing for his confidence.

BlueHaze

The belgien Nile Ranger, our one and only £75m ace. Have you ever seen another footballer at this level slip on a ball and nearly bust his ankle? Not even Bebe did that and he was homeless prior to us signing him. Those rumours about Arnautovic makes sense now at least he can control a ball unlike this useless sack of potatoes. Feck sake put a pilgrim on a donkey out there and the end result will be the same.

Stadjer

That second video... oh God. The thing he did at 16 seconds looked like a good idea but not really something you expect Lukaku would pull off. The very last clip started well, he used his body/strenght well there and if he did that more often and actually managed to get the ball to a teammate it would be good.

Or maybe im just trying to find positives now?

Still... its pretty bad for a first choice Manchester United striker :(

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I feel for him, he was great when we signed him.

Had a decent World Cup in the Summer (that I think he's still feeling now).

Our best CF is Martial, then Sanchez.

Rom should move on, and I wish him well.

RedCurry

He needs to hit the gym, eat one meal a day for a month. Stay out of limelight and out of the lineup. Come back in January when he’s fit and I am sure he’ll be back to a decent level of striker. He just looks lethargic right now.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I know hes a bit shit now but these stupid little memes from our own "fans" will do nothing for his confidence.
It's giving us all a good laugh. We are going through a very shit period so let us laugh. If memes and redcafe comments are the reason Lukaku is so shit then he's just shit

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The saddest thing I have seen so far on this forum is sane, logical humans trying to muster positives from his touch compilation video posted in this thread. My god

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I vaguely watched the game in the pub.

EVERY time (and I counted) I looked up, he lost the ball either through his horrendous touch or through a fecking awful pass.

Simply put, he is done at this club. Maybe even this league. Might be like Benteke at Liverpool where a move to a bigger club just utterly ruins your confidence and you never recover what you once had.

He needs to get away from the Premier League and fast before it's irreversible. We need to get him away fast too before he becomes a boat anchor holding the team back.

Status
Not open for further replies.