4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam147

Ole definitely likes Lukaku as a striker. The way he plays calls for a focal point. I can definitely see Lukaku upfront with Rashford on the right and Martial left. What is great is Ole knows he can use Lukaku as a target man but he does not want to. He said he prefers him side on and facing the goal. We will see him at his best soon. Lukaku drags two players with him easily, so he can create space for others. I expect to see him providing a focal point, being an option in the box and running the channel to the RW to rotate with Rashford. As poor as he has been, everyone deserves a clean slate. Apart from Fellaini, Smalling and Valencia.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I thought it was a cameo that highlighted both his strengths and weaknesses. A significant goal threat when used correctly, but weakens our build-up play with his inability to control the ball at speed as well as poor passing. Good appearance nonetheless, hope he kicks on.

Ashley R1+O

He needs to improve on shielding the ball its crazy how easily he gets dispossessed by much weaker players :houllier:
Honestly, we don't need this single "he did a bad touch guize!" gif stuff anymore. Mourinho's gone, Ole's on the case. We get it, you don't like Lukaku, but move on. Everyone gets a fresh start.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great hunger for the goal. Sorry, not sorry

meamth

He needs to improve on shielding the ball its crazy how easily he gets dispossessed by much weaker players :houllier:
He should use his right outside foot to take away the defender behind him. That was fairly atrocious for a professional.

But in all seriousness, Ole is brilliant for using him the right way. Instead of forcing him to be a target man, he made Lukaku to make runs more. Scrap that target man training.

He will be a proper player for us soon.

EDIT:
Second look on that video, I think as a professional you could feel there was a man marking him. As soon as you receive the ball, you have to put your first touch at the right place. Quickly move to space instead of trying to control it close.

Thinking positively, it might just be sharpness issue.

Silas

Honestly, we don't need this single "he did a bad touch guize!" gif stuff anymore. Mourinho's gone, Ole's on the case. We get it, you don't like Lukaku, but move on. Everyone gets a fresh start.
What does Rom's touch have to do with the manager?

Canagel

It's things like this which make you worry for him. You've either got to lay it off one touch/spin round or you've got to draw the foul. That's nothing to do with strength. But technique.

InfiniteBoredom

Pleased with the goal. No improvement on general play but if Ole continues to use him as a big Chicharito then I don’t have any issue with that.

Loublaze

ATLien
I guess congratulation to him for nailing his place as super sub , he is still very clumsy on the ball , but he is better as sub since the game is more open so he has more space to run into.
Ole obviously see him as Fellaini replacement ( we start playing it long to him ) and see him as himself back then , his goal today reminds me of Chicharito so that's that. But compared to those players ,he is too expensive as super sub so i think we will end up getting rid anyway.
This is laughable. Lukaku has done the job he was brought to do, he scores goals. I don't think Ole sees him as a super sub, but right now Martial and Rashford deserve to keep their starting places. Lukaku just came back from his father's funeral so there's no telling whether Ole would've played him from the go after his appointment. I believe he'll work his way back into a starting role

Red_toad

Why are people shitting on him, including his contribution for the goals? He played well :lol:
All those who called Jose a negative virus, are continuing on with the exact same negative virus shite and are unable to enjoy us playing well and winning. Much preferring to turn over vendettas against certain players for what they can't do as players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Needs to get fitter. Last season He looked strong, this season He looks fat. No idea what went through him.

He's a classic number 9 and need to improve on his all around game, it's not just about goals anymore.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He should use his right outside foot to take away the defender behind him. That was fairly atrocious for a professional.

But in all seriousness, Ole is brilliant for using him the right way. Instead of forcing him to be a target man, he made Lukaku to make runs more. Scrap that target man training.

He will be a proper player for us soon.

EDIT:
Second look on that video, I think as a professional you could feel there was a man marking him. As soon as you receive the ball, you have to put your first touch at the right place. Quickly move to space instead of trying to control it close.

Thinking positively, it might just be sharpness issue.
Has the added benefit of making him run to lose some fats too . Lukaku needs all the running he can get before he's in proper condition to play well.

TehRed

I think Rom will take a back seat and be used mainly as an impact sub under Ole, which he seems to be doing well enough at so far. I think he'll take a bit longer to adapt to life under Ole, he needs to work on his weight and his fitness. Would not surprise me if Alexis rotates with Rashford as the starting striker, though I do expect Ole will allow Lukaku a start or two to see how he can do. I think everyone will get that opportunity. But you don't want to deny Rashford too much game time while he's in form, either.

SSSSnake

He still has a role to play for me. Should have started today with Newcastle sitting so deep. Sometimes we need a bit of steele up top.

Josh 76

He still has a role to play for me. Should have started today with Newcastle sitting so deep. Sometimes we need a bit of steele up top.
Should have started as Newcastle sat deep? This is the whole problem with Lukukka. His first touch is terrible, so these are the type of games he is found out.

R'hllor

I just watched full match replay and at things he is good at, he did fine, glad for him that he scored, it will do him world of good. Reading this thread seems people cant separate good from bad and then wonder how people can criticize one segment of his game, in a game where he scored.

People find his first touch and everything around it problematic when it comes to build up play, all around playing football. I doubt anyone in match day thread had a go at him for being a goalscorer. So not sure what the problem if people point that one, same as i dont see an issue with people pointing out at him being good at scoring goals.

Sylar

Glad hes got a few goals recently esp as sub. Hopefully keeps him motivated and not a bad option to have him starting some games and sub in others (with him or replacement wanting goals)
Suddenly our attacking options look like a force with each of them getting goals / assists in recent games.

Yeah, his hold up stuff is still not good enough especially given his size and strength. Do think him running the channels need to be used more.

tomaldinho1

A performance which basically sums him up in honesty. Genuinely terrible in open play (he almost sabotaged the second goal by passing a simple ball behind Rashford, lost the ball countless times as usual) but grabbed the all important opening goal which has to be praised.

I see him as a supporting striker here, someone we play up with Rashford when against deep lying teams. However, against top teams I don't think he should be anywhere near our starting XI. The likes of Liverpool, Spurs, City are most dangerous when they've pressed you into giving away possession and that's Rom's specialty. Mobility and speed is becoming everything in football and that's just not what Lukaku is good at.

JohnnyKills

Still think he's not up to it. His touch isn't good enough for United.

We scored the goals after he came on but our overall play was worse IMO.

JohnnyKills

A performance which basically sums him up in honesty. Genuinely terrible in open play (he almost sabotaged the second goal by passing a simple ball behind Rashford, lost the ball countless times as usual) but grabbed the all important opening goal which has to be praised.

I see him as a supporting striker here, someone we play up with Rashford when against deep lying teams. However, against top teams I don't think he should be anywhere near our starting XI. The likes of Liverpool, Spurs, City are most dangerous when they've pressed you into giving away possession and that's Rom's specialty. Mobility and speed is becoming everything in football and that's just not what Lukaku is good at.
Yep, agree with everything here.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just read this on F365

Surprising stat of the season, given the coverage: Lukaku has now scored one fewer league goal this season than Sergio Aguero, in 63 more minutes.

Very surprising

Renegade

OGS has the eased the pressure of him, I don’t think he has improved generally but is in better scoring positions now in his few appearances. Still don’t think his leading striker quality for our aspirations. 0 CL goals in 5 games. Seems to be a 15/20 goal striker but with no general play ability. That’s not enough for a striker that isn’t involved in general play at the top level. Happy for him though.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He'll have to chisel out a reason for considering him a starter. Rashers clearly suits our current incarnation better. A hungry Lukaku is a brilliant squad option but doubtful he'd be happy with that in the long run. I thought he did well when he came on, won his headers, linked pretty well. Nice to have a battalion of attackers in form. It's been a while.

Just read this on F365

Surprising stat of the season, given the coverage: Lukaku has now scored one fewer league goal this season than Sergio Aguero, in 63 more minutes.

Very surprising
It is surprising, but I bet the teams he's scored against are of higher quality than those that Lukuku has scored against.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just read this on F365

Very surprising
If you compare them in goals number, they look similar. But that's where the comparison ends, pretty much.

Litch

He'll have to chisel out a reason for considering him a starter. Rashers clearly suits our current incarnation better. A hungry Lukaku is a brilliant squad option but doubtful he'd be happy with that in the long run. I thought he did well when he came on, won his headers, linked pretty well. Nice to have a battalion of attackers in form. It's been a while.
Pretty much this. Maybe not this season but should we be competing at the highest level again, he'll offer something that the others consistently haven't. Scores goals year in year out. Rashford ceiling is higher but that's not to diminish what Rom is capable of offering too....

Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton, Burnley, Southampton and us under Jose.

Brighton are basically the best team there... and I include us under Jose in that!
Wasn't necessary expecting that, but he has scored goals in the CL as well.

Edit: any credable comparison has now gone out of the window.

promisedlanchiao

All those who called Jose a negative virus, are continuing on with the exact same negative virus shite and are unable to enjoy us playing well and winning. Much preferring to turn over vendettas against certain players for what they can't do as players.
Agreed. We were a Pogba open goal away from our FOURTH 3 goal or more win in a row. Just stop this dislike of certain players (Lukaku, Matić, Alexis) who were awful under José, but have improved a lot since Olé’s come in and enjoy our much improved performances, and long may they continue.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
35 goals in 75. Needs to up his strike rate to stake his claim as Ole's number 9.

Can see him banging in a fair few this season though. I reckon he'll finish on 20.

Man Utd 2:0 Reading

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nicely taken goal from Lukaku, who remains our best goalscorer.

Obviously didn't do enough generally to jump ahead of Rashford, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.