4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

2 world class assists, even if the rest of his performance was average you can't knock that out. Deserves MOTM for these 2 assists for me.
Agree!

And how about the celebration after the second assist! Standing there waiting for hugs and kisses but of course Lingard has practised a new celebration, so he just ran past Lukaku to do his dance at the sideline :D

Canagel

He was really decisive today with his passes but it's no less than you expect from our 90m pound man. Quite incosisntent after that and couldve done more 2nd half but you cant argue against decisive goal contributions that was key to winning the match.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
His attitude was a complete contrast to Spurs. Good to see. Shrewd move from Ole to keep him away from the centre and have Lingard press them instead. That way Rom isnt knackered and can focus on his strengths when we have the ball.

Much better. Hope he keeps it up.

steakpie

How can you have a bad game if you provide 2 nice assists.

Nothing wrong with his performance. Good running down the right, worked hard, took good positions, and held it up well. The usual 2 or 3 weird moments but that's expected with Lukaku.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He somehow won us the game but was also largely rubbish for most of it, credit to him for those assists, delightful.

Vagene

He was brilliant first half, bar that shite free kick he didn’t little wrong.
The hate for him is shocking

He’ll be extremely important for us in the coming months, our front line is frightening

Vagene

Norwegian panel spoke highly of him as well. I thought he was good, as did others. Gash for you then.
The Caf needs a scapegoat, Rom will improve and the axe will fall on someone else

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And many disagree with you. He fulfilled his role very well in that first half. Not good in the second
Fecking hell and many disagree with you. Seriously I'm here all night happy to trade back and forward as long as you want

onemanarmy

So many posters with an agenda against Lukaku, it's embarrassing. At least try to give him credit when he plays a good game of football.

3 goals and 2 assists in 3 games?

0le

I didn't think he was capable of making a pass like that. It was a brilliant pass, and if Pogba had done that, the thread would be lit. But this was an exception to the rule and I still don't think he is yet United quality.

I think his issue is that he tries to over-play, rather than keeping things simple. For example, I remember him trying some step-overs in the box then passing it tamely to Cech. He also tried a free-kick which was horrific. If he played simply to his strengths and his instincts, I think he'd perform much better. There was also a period of time when his first touch seemed to be improving. He needs to keep working on it.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Two miraculous assists.

Horrendously shite at football.

Sell him. I'm sick of watching him be so fecking awful. I'm more technically gifted than he is and I might as well have stubs for feet.

haram

Two miraculous assists.

Horrendously shite at football.

Sell him. I'm sick of watching him be so fecking awful. I'm more technically gifted than he is and I might as well have stubs for feet.
What a terrible post.

ash_86

Lukaku played like that for Everton, constantly drifting out wide. He's not a traditional striker despite being an absolute tank. His judgement of aerial balls is one of the worst in the league, and his play back to goal is mediocre. He is however near unplayable when running into space.

I've said this before, but if Lukaku had a good touch it'd be cheating because he is a freight train when he gets going. He doesn't have a good touch because he is so big and strong.
The credit has to goto Ole. One of the important things for a manager is to find ways to get best out of players and he did exactly that. It's amazing how Jose played him in the middle time and time again even when he was poor.

Moriarty

Did a very good job for an hour. Needs to get fitter but he was pretty impressive. Still a few kinks to iron out of his play but Ole has got him playing much better.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The credit has to goto Ole. One of the important things for a manager is to find ways to get best out of players and he did exactly that. It's amazing how Jose played him in the middle time and time again even when he was poor.
Yes, Mourinho played Lukaku as a target man over and over when its obvious he's not that type of player.

This guy's ability to find runners is underrated, he regularly gets assists with nifty little passes like that. No he's not a no.10 or anything like that, but he's handy with movement in front of him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If nothing else this should shut up the "he can't play football" posters.

It won't though. Because some people are terminally stupid.

Red Royal

If nothing else this should shut up the "he can't play football" posters.

It won't though. Because some people are terminally stupid.
It wont. Many on the caf would prefer Morata still.

Give big Rom a break, I love how he got involved in that melee with Lingard and Gooners. They must have been terrified of the site of him running down our right wing again.

yfoFC

How can you have a bad game if you provide 2 nice assists.

Nothing wrong with his performance. Good running down the right, worked hard, took good positions, and held it up well. The usual 2 or 3 weird moments but that's expected with Lukaku.
Mkhitarian made that into an art form..

Lukaku though had a good game and it seems mata is the only one not pulling his weight right now, the remaining 5 forwards are gonna cause OGS a headache or two.

haram

He’s had games like this last season, what are people so surprised about?

Bola

Deserved motm despite coming of early. There were no real standouts tonight, but he deserves thanks for two very nice assists

Also liked his positioning tonight as he punished Arsenal's aggressive play by taking that space and driving from the wing. Also liked his crosses too.

It's still Martial, Rashford, +1 for me and with no outstanding player on the right, that place is up for grabs. Sanchez will certainly have a say in disposing Lingard though

Well done again Big Rom

Adamsk7

I was at the game. First let me say that I have zero agenda against Lukaku - I want him to do well like I do all our players.

In my opinion he was terrible. Sure he got two assists and the first one was a pass that I didn’t think he was even capable of so that was a nice surprise, however his second was nothing more than a square pass to an unmarked man, don’t think we can give him too much praise for that. Other than those two moments, nothing stuck with him again when the ball came to him, his touch was heavy, as was his passing. When Rashford came on he literally looked twice the player, chasing down their defenders, linking up play and holding on to the ball when we needed him.

I just think for £90m we should be expecting the very best and Lukaku is so far away from that right now. I don’t think he has the basic skill set to be a player at our club.

Reactions: Niall

Vernon Philander

I know I saw it live.....but I still can't fathom how Lukaku assisted that first goal. Just didn't think that was in his locker

Status
Not open for further replies.