4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

He still does some really terrible bits of play but when a player has 2 brilliant assists that's what you should focus on.

The pass for the first especially was fantastic.

Looking trimmer too.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Goals aside what did any of our attack do? The game is about goals and he made the two that won us the game.
:lol: This

Martial was downright horrible aside from the open goal. He lost the ball 3 times in the space of 5 minutes overplaying. But that's fine because he made up for it by scoring a goal.

Very rarely do attackers have complete performances, Nani made a living out of looking world class one moment and pub level the next.

Web of Bissaka

That's more like it. Just like the Lukaku of last season -- a hard working positive team-player.

Good double assists, and superb effort. He's a damn fine rotational player if he keep up performing like this.

Tbh, not his best performances but still :devil: Well played.

jeff_goldblum

Don't mind giving him stick when he deserves it, far happier to give him praise when he's earnt it. I wish others had the same attitude.

Good performance, good management from Ole to use him in a way that uses his strengths instead of highlighting his weaknesses.

Reiver

Well done Rom. A few more performances like that and you might even convince some on here you have a future at the club.

Trizy

Anyone a gif of his first touch in the first half and looked like a full power pass backwards? :lol:

Raven

He was brilliant first half, bar that shite free kick he didn’t little wrong.
The hate for him is shocking

He’ll be extremely important for us in the coming months, our front line is frightening
Exactly this. Our attack is monstrous, so much variety and quality.

Nickosaur

It's so encouraging that Sanchez and Lukaku came in for Martial and Rashford and had big impacts. Will be so important for us going forward.

marko goalo

I was at the game. First let me say that I have zero agenda against Lukaku - I want him to do well like I do all our players.

In my opinion he was terrible. Sure he got two assists and the first one was a pass that I didn’t think he was even capable of so that was a nice surprise, however his second was nothing more than a square pass to an unmarked man, don’t think we can give him too much praise for that. Other than those two moments, nothing stuck with him again when the ball came to him, his touch was heavy, as was his passing. When Rashford came on he literally looked twice the player, chasing down their defenders, linking up play and holding on to the ball when we needed him.

I just think for £90m we should be expecting the very best and Lukaku is so far away from that right now. I don’t think he has the basic skill set to be a player at our club.
Perfect summation. Whilst I don't want to run him down tonight seeing as he contributed more than he has recently, the second assist was nothing special given he was afforded half a pitch to run into. Seems a lot of people suddenly think he's world class with one poster suggesting he's recently been learning to play football for gods sake. I still maintain he didn't do anything out of the ordinary, nothing a competent striker would have done

Janson

Two miraculous assists.

Horrendously shite at football.

Sell him. I'm sick of watching him be so fecking awful. I'm more technically gifted than he is and I might as well have stubs for feet.
If you were, you wouldn't be sitting at home behind a computer trolling. While Lukaku is making millions as a pro footballer.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Much sharper, great work in the channels, finally shrugged a couple of defenders off, 2 great assists. I'll let the few dodgy touches slide. Some of you lot are genuine arseholes.

Sylar

Two good assists especially the first one. Happier when we don't lump it towards him like he's crouch or somebody similar.

Defo a better player working the channels or running at players out wide

starman

Looking more dangerous out wide and a good option on the right, dont think he is the answer going forward but decent asset to have when Ole changes it up.

Greck

I know I saw it live.....but I still can't fathom how Lukaku assisted that first goal. Just didn't think that was in his locker
Already forgotten he made the same pass in the build up to Lingard's goal against Arsenal last year? Great assists. Got carried away and started trying lookaway passes after but no one can take away the assists. Still needs to expand his game to be serviceable in more situations. We won't always be able to release him down the channels when lesser teams park the bus but I'm glad Ole even found something that works for him.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Hope his confidence comes back.

I think this formation change we seem to have done will suit him better.

parkthebuslads

He did well but what on earth is he doing trying to put a free kick in the top corner? Maybe I'm missing something, I didn't see him at everton, but he knows he's Lukaku right?

Ekeke

He did well but what on earth is he doing trying to put a free kick in the top corner? Maybe I'm missing something, I didn't see him at everton, but he knows he's Lukaku right?
Scored some for them. And other than Mata our players dont tend to take particularly good ones

PaulScholes99

Bournemouth - 20 mins, 1 goal
Newcastle - 27 mins, 1 goal
Reading - 90 mins, 1 goal
Spurs - 17 mins, nothing
Brighton - 7 mins, nothing
Arsenal - 72 mins, 2 Assists

46.6 mins per Goal/Assist since Ole took over. TBH i am also not too convinced about him, but let's be honest, he delivers atm and imo he has deserved an start against Burnley and Fulham. Rashford though should start the harder games against Leicester and PSG. Think we will end with Marcus starting 3 or 4 of these 4 games, but would like Lukaku 2 times also.

PaulScholes99

You wish he knows that he's Lukaku? K, then we wouldn't have scored the first goal. Nobody thought he would have the eye and passing ability for this ball to Sanchez.

Redpimp

He is playing differently these days.. less about pace, strength but more about techniques and skills.. maybe its a change of tactics

sveisa

Who hasn't screwed up a free kick? Rom shouldn't be our main striker but he is a great asset and we are def better off with him. He's also young and will improve. The hate for him in this thread is embarrassing.

Sauldogba

Was my motm.
He looks like he has got his confidence back as well.

He linked up well,pressed hard and got two assists,one of which was top draw.
Couldnt ask for much more.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
New position who dis?
Seriously though apart from his two assists he was his usual garbage. He just showed us a glimpse of what a half decent RIGHT winger would actually give us in this lethal team. Ffs get a right winger

Beagle

Assists aside let's be honest he was gash
Not really though. Compared to his previous performances, I thought his touch and hold up was decent especially in the first half. Looked calm and relaxed and willing to chase balls in the right channel. Arsenal did give him a lot of space but overall it was one of his better performances this season.

Doracle

Failed to control it in the clip above. Much improved display though - makes a big difference when he’s not made to play as a target man. Also looks slightly slimmer to me. Good to have another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.