4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

Reactions today aren't based on one game. Sky showed he had 6 goals in his last 3 games, and the 30 before that he had 6 goals too. Not an elite striker and has cost us.
exactly. he's always been a purple patch striker, with an awful touch (funny enough today his touch was good) and that's just not good enough for us

Patrick08

Missed 3 goals today. One was very easy too. Got into a great position with great final ball, and when he needed to smash it first time took a touch and fluffed a great chance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Terrific all round game, couldn't finish worth shit though sadly. He's a weird one is Lukaku. Only thing we could criticize today is the finishing which is usually the best part about his game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was in very good form but had off day today. His general play was decent, finishing was off. Should have scored at least 1, especially the first one.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The one that went off the post, its actually harder to miss. Christ almighty. Imagine if this was the Champions League final and he misses those two chances.

Untd55

Had a major impact against PSG, major impact against Southampton, major impact against the team before (I forgot who it was ). Good performance today: One chance he created himself brilliantly but the three players surrounding him took their toll on his finish; Lukaku should have scored from the Rashford pass.

He has been massively important, but he is not going to win us every game. No striker will win every game.

Lukaku was a massive threat to them today.

I would give him 7/10 myself - if he had scored once it would have been 9/10 for me.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm sorry but when you're a striker and you miss 3 clear chances like that and your team lost the game, you have not had a "good game."

Pass and Move

He’s simply not good enough on the ball, so many attacks break down because he loses possession cheaply and he’s also not got very good movement within the box. Can’t wait to get back to Rashford as our number 9 supported by Martial and Lingard/new RW.

Ace of Spades

Good game, but poor finishing. Really should have buried one at least. He was poor at the end though, when he went on the right.

Velvet Revolver

People's perspective on Lukaku is interesting to say the least.

If he scores a goal but doesn't have a good game - Sell him cut our loses.!
If he scores goals and is MOTM in 2 consecutive games - Yeah but can he score 30 goals a season though?
If he doesn't score a goal but does a lot in the other aspect of the game - not good enough!

Rashford his strike partner had a stinker today but all is forgiven since he is not a lukaku!

Andersons Dietician

Hm okay. That beautiful ball control and pass for Dalot aside, he wasn't all that effective in link-up and hold-up aspects of the game imo.
What about when he took the ball down held off 3 Arsenal players then sent Rashford away. There were loads of nice moments or flicks of passes that opened things up of just kept us moving. Again it’s all subjective and maybe I look for those moments of quality where others don’t and they are just forgotten about. If he’d scored two today combined with his general outfield play it would have been the complete performance.

Devil may care

Weird game from him, he had 2 or 3 could touches outside of the sloppy lay-offs but where he's been on fire, the 18 yard box, he flopped today unfortunately, he's got to bury at least one of those chances.

El Jefe

Can't fault him for anything, hit the post, made one chance for himself and had 1 on 1 saved by Leno. His movement and hold up play has been great.
We can, he hit the bar when it was much easier to score. He's done great lately but he and DDG are to blame for the loss IMO. He should have scored at least 1 of the 3 big chances.

Fracture90

What about when he took the ball down held off 3 Arsenal players then sent Rashford away. There were loads of nice moments or flicks of passes that opened things up of just kept us moving. Again it’s all subjective and maybe I look for those moments of quality where others don’t and they are just forgotten about. If he’d scored two today combined with his general outfield play it would have been the complete performance.
If we're thinking about the same instance, he slowed the whole attack down by doing so?

You're right though, it's subjective.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We can, he hit the bar when it was much easier to score. He's done great lately but he and DDG are to blame for the loss IMO. He should have scored at least 1 of the 3 big chances.
Agree. He should have scored two in my opinion.

Hawks2008

Not bad at the all round stuff but his job is to score and he fluffed many decent chances. Disappointing today but he wasn't the only one.

Ban

I might need to watch that chance again.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

If he scores goals and is MOTM in 2 consecutive games - Yeah but can he score 30 goals a season though?
If he doesn't score a goal but does a lot in the other aspect of the game - not good enough!

Rashford his strike partner had a stinker today but all is forgiven since he is not a lukaku!
He is judged more harshly than others, that's for sure.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Well I guess you call a sitter which I don't.
2 of those chances are undisputable sitters for strikers at this level.

I get that Rom has been doing well, and that's really good to see, but he's in the team to take chances and score goals.

They were mistakes as large as De Gea's.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

It's not that crazy that people want a United striker to put it in the net from 5 yards out AND have a good game. He's had a few where's done both recently - had a quality impact through the game and finished (even made) his chances, but other than that it's very often one or the other. You can't not expect people to comment.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Lukaku cost us close to $100mil

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sorry but when you're a striker and you miss 3 clear chances like that and your team lost the game, you have not had a "good game."
I have to agree, he should have won us the match today considering his recent form.

izec

Well yeah, thats the thing. Lukaku has games where he scores from 2 chances, and then he has games where he cant score with 5 chances. Like a lot of our players in our team in general, inconsistent. He didnt have a good game for a striker, but finishing aside, he was the best player offensively. It is a bit of a paradoxon, but his general play was actually good. Looks more dynamic and better on the ball than under Jose.

Velvet Revolver

It's not that crazy that people want a United striker to put it in the net from 5 yards out AND have a good game. He's had a few with both recently, but other than that it's always one or the other. You can't not expect people to comment.
Agree! But people moan here when he does well too! it's total bias when his flaws are overly discussed but his qualities are masked! I am not a Lukaku fan but give the guy a break he had two really good games and won us the tie against PSG!

I expect my striker to do more than what Lukaku does sure, but i dont blame him for Brexit or Global Warming etc...

Ban

2 of those chances are undisputable sitters for strikers at this level.

I get that Rom has been doing well, and that's really good to see, but he's in the team to take chances and score goals.

They were mistakes as large as De Gea's.
Which 2, 1st one and?

The Real Treble 99

Should’ve done much better with his finishing & should’ve scored at least 1. But IMO he was deffo the best player from our attack. He’s control & touch has definitely improved & looks a completely different player to one the that played under Jose. He looks fitter slightly sharper & for me he’s putting the effort in.

Greck

Rashford has been deservedly slated today in the matchday thread and his performance thread

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agree! But people moan here when he does well too! it's total bias when his flaws are overly discussed but his qualities are masked! I am not a Lukaku fan but give the guy a break he had two really good games and won us the tie against PSG!

I expect my striker to do more than what Lukaku does sure, but i dont blame him for Brexit or Global Warming etc...
No one is going overboard. They're just commenting on the game that's just happened. There's more people pretending he did great than anything anyway.

He's a good player but today reinforced why he won't truly make it here. We all know his all round game isn't the best, but he is here to score goals and he does do that. The issue is he scores goals when we're doing well and opening up space and creating chances, but to win leagues you will always have those tough and scrappy 0-0 games where you get one chance and you need a top class striker to take it. Lukaku will never be that guy. He's never going to put away those chances that no other striker in his place couldn't finish.

I level the same criticism at Rashford and don't think he will make it here as an out and out striker either, but he has a lot more to his game to succeed in other positions.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Which 2, 1st one and?
3rd one.
In his own in the box, no need for that touch. He had a wide goal with keeper planted in the middle, just hit it first time in a corner.

I get it though, criticism of Lukaku is frowned upon by a few because he’s scored a few lately.

He had a better game today but stil, those chances he missed change games

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Feel bad for him, but you can't be missing several chances, especially in a game of that magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.