Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

3rd one.
In his own in the box, no need for that touch. He had a wide goal with keeper planted in the middle, just hit it first time in a corner.

I get it though, criticism of Lukaku is frowned upon by a few because he’s scored a few lately.

He had a better game today but stil, those chances he missed change games
Leno closed the angle really good. He was behind his back.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's a good player but today reinforced why he won't truly make it here. We all know his all round game isn't the best, but he scores goals. The issue is he scores goals when we're doing well and opening up space and creating chances, but to win leagues you will always have those tough and scrappy 0-0 games where you get one chance and you need a top class striker to take it. Lukaku will never be that guy.

I level the same criticism at Rashford and don't think he will make it here as an out and out striker either, but he has a lot more to his game to succeed in other positions.
In his last 3 games he scored while we hardly played well to be fair. Mostly you're right, though.

FerociousCorgis

His overall game was really good, but just unable to convert several chances in which he couldve/shouldve won the game for us. Would be similar to a CB playing the ball around great, spraying passes, but then losing his marker for a couple goals. Sometimes the negative outdoes a greater amount of good unfortunately. Not gonna help his record against the top 6 that he has.

Tapori

Played superbly, Leno had a top game will be most disappointed with his first chance and that one Rashford thread through to him.
Good improvement and should push on

In his last 3 games he scored while we hardly played well to be fair. Mostly you're right, though.
Playing well might not be the best way to describe it, we've scored 9 in the last 3 and created chances freely. Lukaku's limitations come in those games where we create one or two chances at best, and they're the games that win you the league.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Leno closed the angle really good. He was behind his back.
He closed him once he controlled it I thought.
I just thought it was there to be hit first time and maybe Lukaku thinks he should have now too. Just different opinions I guess

Ban

He closed him once he controlled it I thought.
I just thought it was there to be hit first time and maybe Lukaku thinks he should have now too. Just different opinions I guess
I don't think he had time to hit it 1st time.

Janson

He’s simply not good enough on the ball, so many attacks break down because he loses possession cheaply and he’s also not got very good movement within the box. Can’t wait to get back to Rashford as our number 9 supported by Martial and Lingard/new RW.
That probably won't happen. It's more likely that Martial will continue of the bench.

Last edited:

Nhuyb

I
People always engage in this fallacy with forwards where they get hung up on misses, instead of making the realisation that the sign of a top forward is getting loads of chances and converting an average amount of them, rather than being clinical. I’d much rather see Rom continuing to get chances when he blanks, as oppoed to not being in the game at all, as a couple of months ago. Rom’s performance today was far more of a positive than negative for me. He did the hardest part and got the chances.
I couldn't say it better.

Against PSG, 3 shots, 3goals.
Today was an unlucky day. Nothing more.
Since when MU has dominated a game against a top 6 like today ??
I think it was a great game.

He was really good today. If he plays each match like this, he will score a lot of goals and assist a bunch.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Strikes me as a player who needs time to think about what he is going to do. He is not like Van Nistelrooy who was a fox in the box and was able to rely on his instinct.

That first chance, it is actually harder to miss than to score. What is hardest of all is to hit the crossbar. he simply has to just tap it in.

Rashford or Martial or Lingarrd would have scored it i feel.

mu4c_20le

That one moment where his first touch was so good, even he didn't expect it

Cliche Guevara

Strikes me as a player who needs time to think about what he is going to do. He is not like Van Nistelrooy who was a fox in the box and was able to rely on his instinct.

That first chance, it is actually harder to miss than to score. What is hardest of all is to hit the crossbar. he simply has to just tap it in.

Rashford or Martial or Lingarrd would have scored it i feel.
Yeah when he’s running into the box with the ball at his feet he can find the corner beautifully.

He’s not that instinctive flick out a boot and direct it into the net type.

Maybe not nimble enough.

Suv666

Hasn't got the predatory instincts required to be a top number 9. That cross from Shaw was superb should have buried it. You can't expect the team to create chances like that for him every minute. Its not like that miss was a one off, he misses sitters like that often. Don't think you can drill those instincts in a player overnight. You either have it or you don't.

Suv666

People's perspective on Lukaku is interesting to say the least.

If he scores a goal but doesn't have a good game - Sell him cut our loses.!
If he scores goals and is MOTM in 2 consecutive games - Yeah but can he score 30 goals a season though?
If he doesn't score a goal but does a lot in the other aspect of the game - not good enough!

Rashford his strike partner had a stinker today but all is forgiven since he is not a lukaku!
The primary job of a striker is to finish. He can play Messi-esque outside the box but if he dosent finish chances he'll be blamed, and rightly so.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Can't remember the 2nd one, what happened?
Rashford slid him through. He was 1 on 1 with the keeper on the penalty spot. First touch let him down which made the finish difficult.

goin4glory

Some of the Lukaku defenders amaze me. At no point has he been good enough for United. Even when he scored a cpl of goals or had a few decent games, it's so blatantly obvious how far off he is compared to the genuinely elite strikers in Europe I.E Kane/Aguero/Lewandowski etc

Please stop coming into the thread and claiming nonsense like "When he scores a goal and doesn't have a good game- sell him and cut our losses" A good game for Lukaku is a B- game for an elite striker. An average game he looks like a championship player.

PepsiCola

Today could be put down to an unlucky day at the office if his record against the top 6 teams wasn't so poor.

We need our best front 3 back and firing asap.

Ashley R1+O

Some of the Lukaku defenders amaze me. At no point has he been good enough for United. Even when he scored a cpl of goals or had a few decent games, it's so blatantly obvious how far off he is compared to the genuinely elite strikers in Europe I.E Kane/Aguero/Lewandowski etc

Please stop coming into the thread and claiming nonsense like "When he scores a goal and doesn't have a good game- sell him and cut our losses" A good game for Lukaku is a B- game for an elite striker. An average game he looks like a championship player.
:lol: Woof. Do one.

Paul_Scholes18

Played well overall, but just couldn't score. Very annoying given that he has been in good form recently.

Mcking

He is our best stiker nonetheless. He is playing very well and getting on the end of chances, just couldn't finish them today. He will do better next time.

Last edited:

automaticflare

Thought he was awful actually. 2 chances he should score.
Even not including them we cannot play quick one touch football into him and run off him. Breaks down too often because of his touch

TsuWave

Striker wastes 3 clear cut chances in potentially season defining match, comments on redcafe: “played superbly”

you hate to see it

Last edited:

Canagel

Both of them should've been goals. The 2nd one he didn't need to take a touch. It just allowed the defender close in.
He also went round the keeper in the 1st half but the keeper got back and stopped it. His touch was actually good in parts -completely unlike himself where he usually does nothing off the ball and then scores from nowhere.

Djorkaef

He had a good game, very powerful, very present, gave chances, made chances, but these were not finished, a pity.

"At no point has he been good enough for United."

I believe your "good enough for United" level is too high. If Lukaku has never had a game good enough for Man United, then this entire team is not good enough for man united. Even De Gea after today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought he was good with his link-up and hold-up play, but his misses were shocking. No excuses.

He should have buried that 1st chance 10 out of 10 times and that chance in the 2nd half was a killer. He's just so cumbersome at times.

Sylar

Has to score chance one or three
With chance two thought they did well but the rebound he just swings wildly when there are two players back post

Strangely thought he was really good except the most important part, finishing

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The more I see that 3rd Chance miss the worse it gets, he’s left footed, he could have 100% hit that first time into a corner.
And even his touch made him have to flinch and then slide to reach it.

I know we can’t criticise these misses but ffs.

manunited1919

Has to score chance one or three
With chance two thought they did well but the rebound he just swings wildly when there are two players back post

Strangely thought he was really good except the most important part, finishing

That is what he is there for, to put those chances away.

Status
Not open for further replies.