Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What gets me so pissed off with him is how immobile he is, you'd get more movement from a concrete car. He's been really, really disappointing this season.

Cloud7

He's not right for us, but come on. He's the top scorer for his country ffs.
And Klose is the top scorer for Germany, and he was out of his depth at the top of club level football as well. What’s your point?

Shark

@NotShark
And Klose is the top scorer for Germany, and he was out of his depth at the top of club level football as well. What’s your point?
Well ''this level'' could mean anything, were you referring to United or the Premier League? if it's United, I agree.

Sauldogba

I have never seen a striker who is so big yet so weak. Hes huge yet he gets knocked off the ball by players half his size.

Hes a target man yet he cannot win headers, nor can he hold up the ball. He doesnt even win 50 50s.

Cloud7

Well ''this level'' could mean anything, were you referring to United or the premier league? if it's United, I agree.
Oh yeah I was referring to United haha. He is a good striker for a mid level PL club, but he has no place for a team with any serious aspirations. Some time ago I said he would be at West Ham within a few years, and I stand by that claim.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes a level below the rest of the main guys in our side. Everyones capable of moments of brilliance now and then even when playing poorly, but so often he just does nothing the entire game and looks like a subpar footballer. Basic technique issues with him that wont ever be sorted. The one issue in our team today IMO.

I have never seen a striker who is so big yet so weak. Hes huge yet he gets knocked off the ball by players half his size.

Hes a target man yet he cannot win headers, nor can he hold up the ball. He doesnt even win 50 50s.
And he cant control the ball well enough in tight/crowded places and none more so was that evident today with Chelsea's pressing,which made Lukaku look even worse.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What gets me so pissed off with him is how immobile he is, you'd get more movement from a concrete car. He's been really, really disappointing this season.
Is it a weight issue?
Last season, I think he was running around more. This season, he is very static.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Hes a level below the rest of the main guys in our side. Everyones capable of moments of brilliance now and then even when playing poorly, but so often he just does nothing the entire game and looks like a subpar footballer. Basic technique issues with him that wont ever be sorted. The one issue in our team today IMO.
Unfortunately, it's like we are playing with 10 men.

AltiUn

Is it a weight issue?
Last season, I think he was running around more. This season, he is very static.
He doesn't look any bulkier, he was moving just fine for Belgium the other day, I don't know what his instructions are. I've been thinking he might have a bit of a confidence issue, how many games has he gone without a goal for us now?

Russell_eire

He looks exhausted. A couple of weeks off might hopefully make a big difference.

When he was younger, he reminded me of a slightly more skillful Duncan Ferguson, but watching him lumbering around he's getting more like Heskey by the minute.

Let's hope he can turn it around this season, but bringing in another striker or moving Martial into the middle might be a good idea.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If we got a decent offer, I'd sell.
I doubt we'll get too many substantial offers for him. Ultimately others clubs won't want to pay a high price if they think we're eager to get rid as they'll think we can be tempted with a lower offer. We don't have much bargaining power in that regard.

AltiUn

Yes. Get rid.
Think he chose 75 rising to 90.
Who would you get to replace him? I've been struggling to think of many options, apparently Cavani wants out, I'd love him here. Don't think we'll sell though.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Feels like we're a player short with him on the pitch. Can't control or hold onto the ball, can't pass, can't score, what's the use. Bench him and give Sanchez run up front with Martial and Rashford either side of him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Feels like we're a player short with him on the pitch. Can't control or hold onto the ball, can't pass, can't score, what's the use. Bench him and give Sanchez run up front with Martial and Rashford either side of him.
His scoring record is generally alright - if he stays on his current track he'll probably finish up with 15-20 in the league, which isn't particularly awful. Indeed in that regard he's actually quite consistent. The problem is that while we bought him with the view to having an imperious target man, he's actually more of a poacher than anything else, and his goals tallies aren't really enough to justify the limitations in his game that we've seen since he moved here. Play him and he'll rack up a decent number of goals, but he probably won't do enough overall to leave us satisfied without some substantial improvement.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very poor once again. Amazing that he keeps starting games, even more amazing that he gets to play 90 minutes no matter what. Seems like he can do anything he wants because the manager likes him

Skills

Snitch
The thing is we have such an awful it's difficult to even reach a conclusion on a lot of players. It's why we need to get rid ASAP this season, and see how they look under someone even mildly competent.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I doubt we'll get too many substantial offers for him. Ultimately others clubs won't want to pay a high price if they think we're eager to get rid as they'll think we can be tempted with a lower offer. We don't have much bargaining power in that regard.
The problem isn't really the price. I'd reckon you'd find teams willing to pay £40m for him
Problem is I doubt you'd find a team who he'd like to go to, willing to take him.

mewnew11

Sanchez was on fire in pre season playing upfront. It's time to make the switch.

Lukaku is really out of form and confidence.

Canagel

What a useless player. All he does is barge into people after miscontrolling the ball. His touch was so loose.

Stadjer

The problem isn't really the price. I'd reckon you'd find teams willing to pay £40m for him
Problem is I doubt you'd find a team who he'd like to go to, willing to take him.
I dont think that would be the biggest problem. He does seem like the kind of player who actually wants to play football and not just sit on the bench and collect his wage. However he is playing every minute of every game... he isnt going anywhere anytime soon. The best thing we can do is hope his gets into the form where he will actually score goals and hope he will improve some bad parts of his game (movement, control, intelligence on the pitch, hold up play) and turn into a decent striker for a topclub. Him developing into a world class striker might be a bridge too far though...

Trizy

If we actually had Kane we'd be a force. Playing with Lukaku is like playing with 10 men at times. Probably worse than 10 men since he's our only attacker up front.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He looks exhausted. A couple of weeks off might hopefully make a big difference.

When he was younger, he reminded me of a slightly more skillful Duncan Ferguson, but watching him lumbering around he's getting more like Heskey by the minute.

Let's hope he can turn it around this season, but bringing in another striker or moving Martial into the middle might be a good idea.
Maybe he shouldn't go on international friendly games?

Heinzesight

I just can’t comprehend him starting and finishing each match. I just wish a journalist would call Jose out on it just to see what reason he gives. The lad is a big lump with very little finesse...the other players must be fed up of playing with the useless sack of shit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not to mention, not many club would be willing to pay his enormous wages 250k/wk.

ravi2

He never was United quality and never will be.
Id rather Sanchez or martial up there. We would look so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.