4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmAWinner

Absolute donkey. Depressing to think he will continue to start for the remainder of this season. Impressive, considering his build, that he is always physically dominated by the opposition centre back.

Trollholken

Should be dropped and rested next game. Offered us nothing tonight except atrocious first touches.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm just so sick of seeing him give thumbs up when missing chanses or passes instead of trying harder to actually get to the ball. Also sick of seeing him shout and point to others when making some shit layoff that nobody is going to reach. Just really losing my patience with him this season even though I'm a fan of his. Needs a couple of games on the bench until he figures out how to play again. And nobody can deny his god awful first touch anymore.
When he did it to Pogba for his header, I lost it :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

He can't pass, his control is pub team level, he's a lazy cnut that barely moves, he regularly goes weeks and weeks without scoring, his finishing is incredibly erratic, he's crap in the air, he's weak on the ball and his record in the big games is disgraceful.

Anything else?

Kopral Jono

Lukaku does my head in. I like him, his heart is in the right place and I honestly feel he showed enough last season that he's got the potential to be a top centre forward. But at the same time, you'd often see things that he does that makes you wonder if he's a professional footballer at all.

It does make me wonder if mentally he's not up to scratch.

Canagel

I actually lost it when he started pointing at Pogba for not getting onto a weak flick. What a terrible performance.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Tries hard to not be part of anything most of the time which is also his best moments.
Maybe the players should stop passing to him then if they are in better positions? I mean, there's no point if he can't control the ball. May as well just play around him.

Thiim

He can't pass, his control is pub team level, he's a lazy cnut that barely moves, he regularly goes weeks and weeks without scoring, his finishing is incredibly erratic, he's crap in the air, he's weak on the ball and his record in the big games is disgraceful.

Anything else?
You forgot to mention his dribbling. He fecking loves those silky step overs of his.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
My theory is simple. He never had to learn the fundamentals because he bullied all the other kids at youth level due to his size and pace.

He could just kick and rush, or bundle / bulldoze his way through smaller players.

This worked and still worked as he grew older but there are glaring, fundamental deficiencies in his ability, it's frankly startling someone can get so rich, being this abjectly bad.

Before anyone harps on about his record, I'd say that is more a reflection on the players he played with, a massive compliment to them indeed!

Abhinav

In horrendous form right now and criminally lazy. This guy doesn’t move, can’t control a pass, can’t win a header. If I were him, I would look at 33 year old Ashley Young running up and down the wing and be ashamed of myself.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My theory is simple. He never had to learn the fundamentals because he bullied all the other kids at youth level due to his size and pace.

He could just kick and rush, or bundle / bulldoze his way through smaller players.

This worked and still worked as he grew older but there are glaring, fundamental deficiencies in his ability, it's frankly startling someone can get so rich, being this abjectly bad.

Before anyone harps on about his record, I'd say that is more a reflection on the players he played with, a massive compliment to them indeed!
I honestly don't think you're wrong at all

Raw

Ever since I saw that picture of Lukaku with Timberlands photoshopped on him, I find myself thinking about it every time I watch him play.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That moment when Mata won the ball and flicked it onto Lukaku who was one on one with the last defender. There were runners all around him for a change, Pogba was available to take it in front of him.

Lukaku fumbles around with the ball for a couple of seconds, gives it to the most crowded out teammate he can see, and then miscontrols the back pass and starts pointing fingers everywhere.

James Peril

I guess most people are now seeing what me and a few other trailblazers have been saying the last year, I was even banned from the thread last season for mentioning the exact same stuff. Too vogue?

Tonight was painfully close to predictions unfortunately. Schooled by two immense defenders, walking into every single trap for 90 minutes. There is nothing wrong with being beaten by Chiellini and Bonucci, but it shows a lot about effort and intelligence. I would love to see all aerial efforts and challenges he had tonight, he looked so lethargic.. just like he jumped to look active, without any interest to actually win the ball. How many times did he use his power to beat those guys to the floor? Watching him inside the box is just so frustrating.. he is the tallest and strongest guy on the pitch, he should be attacking free-kicks and corners like a madman!

Very poor, feel bad for him now.

midou

Anything else?
You forgot to mention his dribbling. He fecking loves those silky step overs of his.
Likes to point at the ball after a shit pass like it was a clever 1-2 or something and also at his feet after he finally controls the ball after 30 seconds and everybody is covered.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Lukaku is not a right fit our team and we don't have good enough players surrounding him like the Belgium XI. We need to ship him out.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Anyone got a gif of that comical attempt of control with his knee 5 yards outside the box? Would happily cut our losses.

edcunited1878

What to do, what to do. He had an upwards trajectory from the beginning of the year through the World Cup then when he came back to United, he's fallen off a fecking cliff and into a deep abyss.

It's shocking. He had a nice 2nd half against Chelsea, but feck he was awful tonight but he wasn't going to have anything to sniff at against Chilleni and Bonucci.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This is incorrect for two reasons.

1. He's played with an awful lot of shit players.

2. He isn't a physical bully at all. Watching him get outmuscled by smaller players here should be no surprise to anyone who watched him regularly at Everton. He might have bullied players at youth level but that hasn't been the case for a long while and certainly isn't what got him his goals or glossed over his weaknesses for Everton. In fact his weird lack of physicality for his size was a weakness.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That moment when Mata won the ball and flicked it onto Lukaku who was one on one with the last defender. There were runners all around him for a change, Pogba was available to take it in front of him.

Lukaku fumbles around with the ball for a couple of seconds, gives it to the most crowded out teammate he can see, and then miscontrols the back pass and starts pointing fingers everywhere.
I need a gif of this.

Cloud7

I wonder if he still doesn’t give a **** what anyone thinks about him like he did a couple weeks ago.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This is incorrect for two reasons.

1. He's played with an awful lot of shit players.

2. He isn't a physical bully at all. Watching him get outmuscled by smaller players here should be no surprise to anyone who watched him regularly at Everton. He might have bullied players at youth level but that hasn't been the case for a long while and certainly isn't what got him his goals or glossed over his weaknesses for Everton. In fact his weird lack of physicality for his size was a weakness.
I disagree.

James Peril

What to do, what to do. He had an upwards trajectory from the beginning of the year through the World Cup then when he came back to United, he's fallen off a fecking cliff and into a deep abyss.

It's shocking. He had a nice 2nd half against Chelsea, but feck he was awful tonight but he wasn't going to have anything to sniff at against Chilleni and Bonucci.
How many league goals did he score from January to May last season? 5-6? He was just as awful last season (albeit with better confidence), people just didn’t see it as clear as now. He scores open headers and crowded tap-ins against relegation fodder, he has scored 1 in 14 against the top teams in England. Same with his international record. Tons of goals against pub teams and fodder struggling to qualify for tournaments, basically no goals against top teams. I think he scored against Croatia once, that’s about it. Super hat-trick against Gibraltar though, their postman-keeper and policeman-defender didn’t stand a chance.

Robbie Boy

I actually expect nothing from him anyone and only really notice him when he’s fecking something up.

emdee

Technical ability, none of it. Incredible how such a flawed player could be undroppable at Man United.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

This it?

I'm not going to lynch him here like others because he is a decent player when he's confident but even then is he capable of making a impact at this level ?
I dont think so.
His confidence is completely shot though.
I feel we're in a lose-lose situation with him.Drop him and I think that would dent his mentality and confidence even more but if we persist is he going to get back into a decent level for us ?

Bobski

He's moving like Hulk Hogan right now, and not even the coked up 80's version.
Way too big. Even at Everton he looked noticeably slimmer. He is still fast in a straight line over distance but slow at important football movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.