Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Our defenders will get roasted and rightly so but he should be equally criticized. I like Lukaku, but you can't miss these chances.
That's two games now where he missed absolute sitters and it cost us dearly.

Foxbatt

Oh ffs. Selective memory. Berbatov was a weak link in a great all round Utd team. We would look even more clueless with Berba up front.
Not selective memory. He was a very good player and he alone led the line when Rooney did not play at the start of the season. He was joint top scorer in the PL with Tevez though he played much less matches. There is no one better than him with his first touch. He brings players into the game and he creates a lot more. His weakness is his pace. He was a much better player than Lukaku would ever be.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's fecking dogshite and it was pretty evident from his Everton days that he wouldn't be good enough to lead the line at a big club. Awful finisher, can't control a ball, constantly fluffs his lines, non-existent build-up and hold-up play. Just a big useless lump. Basically a glorified Salomon Rondon.

acnumber9

Spurs have a great striker and we don’t and that has played a huge part. The biggest issue with Lukaku tonight for me isn’t the miss but his complete inability to hold the ball up. Though he had better defenders to play against than Kane did.

norm87cro

Feck Kane. That's first. As far as for Lukaku I had his back from day one but today his miss probably cost us 3 points. But it's not his fault we imploded in defence.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's in that age where improvement is key to everything. Should really swallow the pride of being a star and upgrade where he lacks. Good news for him is that he can still make it as he scores loads every season.

That being said no additional goal poacher leaves him pretty much without any squad competition therefore culling his ambition to be number one.

Andersons Dietician

Apart from that glaring miss I don’t think he was as bad as people are making out, thought he did a lot of nice things good few flick ons and held the ball up well enough. Set up two Lingard chances and he ran the channels well today. Was a bad miss tho when he rounded Loris, at first I thought ok at pace tight angle but in all honesty it was neither. Didn’t even have to go for the far corner he has the whole goal to choose from just stick it in the middle.

Looks like he needs a goal as he looks void of confidence in finishing currently. Felt also that when he took that shot on from Luke’s cutback before that as soon as Luke had broken the defensive line Lukaku needed to be sprinting so Luke could play that ball in quicker across the face of the goal. Pogba could have gone in for the cutback and Lukaku going forward would hopefully either have allowed Luke to play it earlier leading to a tap in for Lukaku or pulls that defence creating space for Pogba to come in on a cutback with ease.

izzydiggler

The chance he missed was bad but even the best strikers in history miss far more chances than they score - he's always isolated and we just don't create anything close to enough chances for him. Given chances, he'd score a lot of goals - he's done it everywhere he's been.

The problem is that it's like playing with ten men most of the time...he just doesn't get involved at all in games and his general play is pretty poor. We've seen at times him demonstrate he can bully defenders and is a quick, powerful runner but it's rare.

It's early in the season though and he showed improvement last year - you could say the same for most of the players but maybe the instructions he's given are to stay in a position and to do job, rather than have any freedom to impress. I think another manager/team could get more out of him.

Tibs

He has cost us 6 points this season from my point of view. Should have scored against Brighton, and today too - and that completely changes the game. He missed a chance against Leicester too at 2-0 which Sanchez put it on a plate for him.

Needs to sort it out

TheReligion

Abusive
He has cost us 6 points this season from my point of view. Should have scored against Brighton, and today too - and that completely changes the game. He missed a chance against Leicester too at 2-0 which Sanchez put it on a plate for him.

Needs to sort it out
Yeah I agree with you here and I'm a fan of his.

Tonight's game hinged on two key moments for us. His chance first half and the one immediately after Kane's header.

I'd go as far to say if he scores either of those we win the game at a canter. Even though the second one would have been an equilizer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He isnt fit to lace the boots of any of our main strikers over the past 25 years, and never will be.can score a decent number of goals but misses so many and is so useless in his overall game.

m1tch

Yes he was a massive upgrade on what Rooney had become but everytime he shows a lack of technical ability/quality you can't help but wonder if we'll end up being similarly held back if we ever get amongst the big boys again.

Obviously he'd get more goals if this team created chances but can he win us a game on his own? I'm not sure he could. He's got time on his side to improve, let's hope he can.

Bwuk

His passing, control and hold up play is too poor for him to ever be a top class #9.

Devil may care

Hasn't got his shooting boots on yet this season, he should have scored a couple tonight from the chances he got.

Sylar

3 games, and 3 chances missed. He runs like hes wearing wellington boots.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He's a good striker but not a top striker. I think Everton is his level.

freeurmind

weak willed
Brought that late WC form with him. Needs to wake up and start burying those chances. With the state of our defence, we need him to fire.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't think he can improve enough for me to not want us to buy a striker in January. Even if he ends up slotting the chances, I can't see the rest of his game improving enough for us.

Nzred7

He had 4 chances 2 were only half chances tbf but you expect a Manchester United striker to be able to score those he just doesn't. When was the last time he scored when you didnt expect him too

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Has been saying that we need a back up striker, for big games or when our main striker is in his period.

tjb

He's found it difficult with no preseason...simple. Too many reactive fans. The chances he missed can be missed by any top player, ask CR7. They were not outrageous misses. People just want to blame someone in attack. He does seem less sharp, but I think he is taking time to get back into his usual groove.

Patrick08

He's found it difficult with no preseason...simple. Too many reactive fans. The chances he missed can be missed by any top player, ask CR7. They were not outrageous misses. People just want to blame someone in attack. He does seem less sharp, but I think he is taking time to get back into his usual groove.
He came with a reputation of flopping in big games and have seen nothing else from him. He missed great chances last season as well with full preseason, in big games against liverpool and city. Also one of his biggest flaws is he never runs in behind opposition defenders inside the box and doesn't stretch the play.

tjb

I see him like Van Nistelrooy. Btw he does do this, we just don't get the ball in the right positions enough for him to make those runs. He stretches play, but he is also being tasked with being the sole striker in a team where the rest of the players are so far away from him. Its a lot to ask from one guy, especially when Sanchez has not acclimatized yet, while the other attacking figures have been woeful. Today was a bad day in terms of luck for him, but generally Lukaku has one or two chances a game, Kane, Salah, and Aguero have around 6. They miss just as many as him, but he gets less chances.

Beagle

The missed chances worry me less than the woeful technique. Andy Cole missed a lot of chances but he did so much else for the team.
Exactly ! He will start putting a few goals in once he has found some confidence and form. But his overall play needs to be way better.

Canagel

Not good enough. Even if you're missing chances the very least he can do is contribute more off the ball and offer more in terms of creating chances for the rest of the team but we don't get that either. He seems completely detached from the rest of the team - almost like its his first game with us. He has to think a lot quicker and know what to do with the ball before he gets it.

Ashley R1+O

He's clearly not fit yet. The miss was bad, but it happens. I've been more than happy with the improvement in our transition and in getting him chances. If we can bang him in with 5 a game over a season and he has a poor season then we can start to worry. Anyone remember when he last scored a tap in? (No I am not talking about the chances 1vs1 he's had, a legitimate somebody makes it in behind and squares it for him to tap in).

A little responsibility taken from our attack to put him on a plate in on goal with a tap-in would be nice. He's made some nice chances for himself and through the attack so I hope we keep working hard and shrug off this period and look to continue him on as I see him becoming captain in a couple of years.

Popovic

Decent striker but I don't think he's ever been United quality.

Renegade

I see him like Van Nistelrooy. Btw he does do this, we just don't get the ball in the right positions enough for him to make those runs. He stretches play, but he is also being tasked with being the sole striker in a team where the rest of the players are so far away from him. Its a lot to ask from one guy, especially when Sanchez has not acclimatized yet, while the other attacking figures have been woeful. Today was a bad day in terms of luck for him, but generally Lukaku has one or two chances a game, Kane, Salah, and Aguero have around 6. They miss just as many as him, but he gets less chances.
I can’t agree 100% with this. What’s being sole striker got to do with missing the easy chances he has the last 3 games. Don’t take the accountability away from him. His been poor. The ball comes to his feet and it’s bouncing a few yards after his first touch. His passing was erratic and inaccurate today. Yes our system & support is poor. I agree with that but he could be doing much much more. And the comparison to RVN? I don’t see it in the slightest. We win tonight with Ruud in the team simple.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The last two games are completely different if Rom does what he was bought to do.

Kapardin

No point looking brilliant in some patches of the season and like a third rate striker in others. He will be around next season as we have more important positions to upgrade on, but if he continues like this, he will be gone in 2 years max irrespective of the manager.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He’s just not top class. 28 goals last season when forwards at other clubs are filling their boots. He should have had a hatful already this season. The difference between him and Kane is night and day. Kane scores you goals you don’t expect him to, Lukaku misses you chances you expect him to bury. Not good enough.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thought he made a good start but his missed chances killed us. Should have scored the back pass from Rose, after that should have made proper contact when Shaw crossed the ball.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Looks dead on his feet and short of confidence.

Play Sanchez through the middle, Martial out left and anyone down the right. Give Lukaku plenty of time off.

Fracture90

As I said before, he will be a big, expensive headache for any manager after Mourinho. His quite limited techniques, link up and hold up (bizarre considering his size) and quite average finishing will be a huge problem for any side playing attacking football .

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's clearly not fit yet. The miss was bad, but it happens. I've been more than happy with the improvement in our transition and in getting him chances. If we can bang him in with 5 a game over a season and he has a poor season then we can start to worry. Anyone remember when he last scored a tap in? (No I am not talking about the chances 1vs1 he's had, a legitimate somebody makes it in behind and squares it for him to tap in).

A little responsibility taken from our attack to put him on a plate in on goal with a tap-in would be nice. He's made some nice chances for himself and through the attack so I hope we keep working hard and shrug off this period and look to continue him on as I see him becoming captain in a couple of years.

His movement in the box makes it difficult to give him that chance. He always pulls back to the penalty spot, like the chance Shaw created for him. It's the easier run, rather than burst past defenders and meet the ball on the finish.

The big problem with his movement is he hasn't got the technique to finish those chances. But really ? We need to provide our 80 million pound striker tap ins ? He's had three walk ins this season and missed the lot.

Imagine if he's captain in two years :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.