4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

We're not good enough to be too good for Lukaku but I can see us wanting an upgrade when we do get there.

Aresma7

Lukaku is literally a BIG problem. He just lacks something technically. We should bench him and try playing Sanchez up top with Martial on the left.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The difference between Kane and Lukaku was crustal clear today. One misses a sitter, while the other scores a great header from a half chance.

Lukaku is a good striker, but I'm afraid he will never be world class. Never be the player who will make the difference in the ultra tight games. If we had someone like RVP today, the result would have been very different.
Even without the goals, Kane does the little things much more consistently. A good control, body position to control and good passing (not behind his teammates :mad:)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd sell before the rest of the world gets wise. He is a proven goalscorer in the league, albeit not to an elite level. Some team would give us back our investment.

Aloysius's Back 3

He was the best we could get at the time and we needed him but he’s not the answer long term and he’ll be one of the first to go with a new manager when that eventually happens.

I like him but he’s not good enough if you want to win a league.
Rubbish. There is no need for Lukaku when we had Martial & Rashford who could play in a striking partnership and out-do the numbers of playing Lukaku upfront by himself. Considering they would be on a 3 season understanding - it could even be better. Yet the damn manager needs a drogba and no one else & went for the only target man available. It was not needed for us - purely needed for Jose.

Bobski

There was not much available at the time, when the options are Morata, Lacazette and Lukaku you can see a weak generation for strikers. His numbers are fine but technically it is difficult to see him ever being god enough for a team that wants to challenge for the CL.

Maybe Utd should try for a more rounded CF, might not score as many but has the game to allow the others to excel. Firmino is brilliant at that for Liverpool, Costa and Drogba were highly effective without being prolific for Mou at Chelsea.

el3mel

A better fit, no idea how. Lukaku fits the bill almost perfectly in terms of what Jose wants from a striker, aubameyang is miles away from that

Mourinho will, apart from that miss, be more than happy with Lukakus performance tonight, he'll easily point out that Lukaku to an extent occupied the Tottenham defenders so that other players would get more space
He's actually not. Zlatan was the perfect Mourinho striker. Lukaku doesn't do any thing Mourinho wants from a striker I'm actually surprised he's still defending him himself.

His holding up and close ball control are rubbish and his finishing is nowhere clinical.

Zlatan was helping everyone around him create chances for fun.

GledTheRed

Not good enough, his basics are really bad and he's not exactly lethal. You could forgive his terrible football skills if he was lethal but he isn't.

Morpheus 7

He's not be good enough in the big games. Look at Kane when he gets an opportunity, he takes it. Looks rusty from WC but not good enough. If he had put the ball in to an open net could have been very different. Good player Rom but needs to step up against the big boys, simple as.

Rubbish, again. Two bad misses now where we might have won had we gone ahead, and he is so easily dispossesed. Why on why do we keep playing him as a hold up player. He clearly cannot do it.

Aresma7

He’s shit. Abysmal technique, totally reliant on his physicality against weaker players, as soon as he comes up against a dominant CB he does feck all.

Dogshit.
I could not agree more. And to think that Mourinho backed him all last season.. he should have been replaced!

Godfather

To think we had players like Berbatov up front for us... And now we are stuck with a striker that can't control a football.

Neo_Mufc

How do we get the best out of Lukaku. Brighton and today he's had 2 great chances to put us 1nil up and settle the team but he hasn't done it.

I'm nit picking off course but just another one of our players not scoring enough.

Fluctuation0161

I backed Lukaku in his time here but he's not developing his weaknesses.

He's really not clinical enough for a top side. You don't know which Lukaku will turn up. He misses sitters at key times in games. Other games he will score hat tricks but he's not a top 4 player imo.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
How do we get the best out of Lukaku. Brighton and today he's had 2 great chances to put us 1nil up and settle the team but he hasn't done it.

I'm nit picking off course but just another one of our players not scoring enough.
IMHO there is nothing more that can be done to get the best out of him, it either comes from him or it doesn't.

Djemba-Djemba

You're not going to be winning big trophies with him as the main striker.

Misses too many big chances , especially in big games.

Foxbatt

I would give my right arm for a player like Berbatov. He may not run like a headless chicken but give him the ball and no one can take it off him. Furthermore he creates so many chances for others. Lukaku cannot even catch a bag of cement. I do not think he has a footballing brain at all. It is a bit like after Sir Matt we tried to buy all sorts of players and some players who should never have been bought came to United. This is the same situation now. Lukaku should be sold ASAP. Maybe in January.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said all I can on him time and time again. Was the best we could have done on the market at the time, but if we want to get back to the very top, we need a striker better than he is. Him and Aguero are night and day (no racial pun intended!). He is not a natural footballer by a long way.

Sad thing is, I can’t think of one feasible replacement on the market at the moment. I was annoyed when we signed him, especially for the fee, as I felt we’d be stuck with him for years and I suspect that’s the case. Won’t be able to move him on, nor keep him as a back up.

Bobski

You're not going to be winning big trophies with him as the main striker.

Misses too many big chances , especially in big games.
The missed chances worry me less than the woeful technique. Andy Cole missed a lot of chances but he did so much else for the team.

R'hllor

Think people should watch similar type of strikers in PL in other team for 2/3 weeks.

Eddy_JukeZ

If Ibra didn't suffer that ACL tear, he'd still be a better player than him and even back in 2016-2017, he was clearly a better player than him.

Forget the shocking miss, his link-up play has been nothing short of atrocious this season.

Djemba-Djemba

The missed chances worry me less than the woeful technique. Andy Cole missed a lot of chances but he did so much else for the team.
His overall game in the last 2 matches has been horrendous.

He's not winning any ariel duels, his passing is crap, his first touch is so heavy and clumsy.

He's had a nightmare start to the season.

UncleBob

He's actually not. Zlatan was the perfect Mourinho striker. Lukaku doesn't do any thing Mourinho wants from a striker I'm actually surprised he's still defending him himself.

His holding up and close ball control are rubbish and his finishing is nowhere clinical.

Zlatan was helping everyone around him create chances for fun.
Bit weird that Lukaku doesn't do anything Mourinho wants from a striker, yet he's been singing his praises all year long and he's one of his key players.

PoTMS

Three games in a row, he's missed sitters and it's cost us dearly. First one, we were already winning. But the two after are inexcusable. If our top scorer can't finish them, we're in big trouble.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Missed crucial chance which would maybe resolve game in our way. But this trashing of him here is ridiculous. He will be in top 3 scorers at the end of season

el3mel

Bit weird that Lukaku doesn't do anything Mourinho wants from a striker, yet he's been singing his praises all year long and he's one of his key players.
I don't get it but I'm sure as hell Zlatan was far better focal points and was bringing everyone to play. He was great at chesting long balls, dropping down to the space and letting the wingers run in front of him. We were creating chances for fun but have poor finishing. Lukaku doesn't do that. He's a terrible focal point.

UncleBob

Missed crucial chance which would maybe resolve game in our way. But this trashing of him here is ridiculous. He will be in top 3 scorers at the end of season
Top 3 scorers in the club ? I agree.

In the league ? seriously doubt it.

Maybe top 5

RedDevil-85

We wont win PL with him leading the line imo.
I like his mentality and workrate but his touch,finishing and technical ability isnt good enough and at 25 years old,i doubt he will improve at that.
He cant create a goal on his own,he needs great service 9 times out of 10 and most of the time,he needs 3 or 4 chances to score 1.
We need alot better but very few quality strikers on the market.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
A better fit, no idea how. Lukaku fits the bill almost perfectly in terms of what Jose wants from a striker, aubameyang is miles away from that

Mourinho will, apart from that miss, be more than happy with Lukakus performance tonight, he'll easily point out that Lukaku to an extent occupied the Tottenham defenders so that other players would get more space
Silent domination

snk123

I would give my right arm for a player like Berbatov.
Oh ffs. Selective memory. Berbatov was a weak link in a great all round Utd team. We would look even more clueless with Berba up front.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Three games in a row, Leicester, Brighton and Spurs, the ball has dropped to him where you'd expect him to score and he hasn't. Very disappointing start to the season for big Rom. If he scores that early one at Brighton or tonight I'm not sure we lose either game.

luke511

He's not technically good enough to be a great striker, you win things with great strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.