4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nix

Yeah but it's all about the attitude isn't it? Confidence? Winning mentality?
I remember when he said this:
Post match Lukaku said "The people will now see a different side of us. Everything we have been working on the last couple of weeks is coming now. Quick passing, runs in behind, lot of actions and lot of chances"

Which was very good to see. Even against Spurs we played well before they scored first goal and the 5 mins of madness. Today it was very obvious that we moved the ball very quickly and played with high intensity.

Think if we play with same intensity then most teams in the league just can't handle it. Hopefully we will stick to this, instead of just short term experiment.

Mick321

I don't rate him that highly, think he has too many faults to be the main man for an elite team but I'd still like to see him under a proper manager who has some attacking coaching ability. He's had 18 months under a man who quite clearly despises coaching and attacking players. He looks great for Belgium.

Minimalist

I still (against my better judgement I imagine) think he's playing way worse than his normal ability. But there's no doubt, he's comically bad at this stage.

redzombie

for someone who must be trying to prove a point, his level of effort was shocking and thats no ones fault but his own.

redom

So I'm guessing he played because Sanchez did a lot of travelling or something because otherwise there was zero reason to put him back in the team after we had at least looked somewhat cohesive in attack without him, needs an extended spell on the bench.

R'hllor

Stop acting like kids, you are bunch of grown ass people, deal with it.

Himannv

I do think he deserves a chance at RW. His crossing is fine and his power should be a problem for an opposition fullback. He'd also be able to attack the box here and there and add to the attack. Sanchez should be leading the line right now IMO.

Devil may care

Not sure why he is the lowest rated player today, he was crap yes, but he forced the only save their keeper had to make all game.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I do think he deserves a chance at RW. His crossing is fine and his power should be a problem for an opposition fullback. He'd also be able to attack the box here and there and add to the attack. Sanchez should be leading the line right now IMO.
Yep, like a reverse Mertens. Instead of moving central, he should move out wide.

Mailo

Compare him to our forwards of past time, and then tell me if this is the standard we're used to or think is good enough to push us forwards.

Embarrassing player and performances sets a new low every time.

I could give a shite about his mentality and "manly" hotshot talks to the media - he's trash for this club and where we want to and should be.

red4ever 79

Can somone post that gif with the like for like comparison of when he was at Chelsea and how he looks now. I am convinced 100% that this is a different person. It's like the Mccartney is dead rumours all over again.

ash_86

He scored a offside goal and almost got one more header in. Definitely not our worst player today. Crossing to him was abysmal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
75 million pounds.
And people here were on our backs when we questioned buying him for that amount of money when he was clearly not worth anything like that.

kr0nix

It's not like playing with a man down.

It's like giving the opponent an extra defender.

That first touch of his in second half, he literally created a chance for Palace with that touch. Looked like one of their midfielders hurrying up to intercept and create the ball, till you realize he's someone who is wearing red.
That was almost comical, I almost felt sorry for him. Just like when he tried a few clumsy stepovers in the first half.

SAFMUTD

He is in a very bad form currently, but even Ronaldo would struggle playing in our team, our attacking style is awful.

How can some players look great for their national teams and shit for us? It must be the manager and the style, he is a targett man, he needs services but no, lets just hoof him long balls and then talk about how shitty he is.

El Jefe

He's just had a terrible game so I'm expecting a blinder in his next interview.

tomaldinho1

20 touches all game.. Somebody needs a little more passes to him to actually make an impact..
That's what happens when cover an area the size of a dinner plate all game, unless the ball's to feet he's not available. Hand on heart, I struggle to think if he'd get into any PL team in current form.

LoneStar

Watching the Spurs game, it is sad how they have a striker like Kane, while we have this useless player as our leading striker.

The difference between their abilities is worlds apart. I doubt they'll sell Kane for even 200m, but it's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.