g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Romelu Lukaku image 9

Romelu Lukaku Belgium flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone got a heat map for today? Or distance covered?

Doubt the fat lump broke a sweat.
Not sure but when Sanchez played that crap pass behind Martial big man was shifting at a hell of a rate kinda showed why Rashford said Lukaku was the fastest in the team.

He was anonymous in the first half tho, was like he wasn’t even on the pitch. Do feel bad for him he is a better player than this and you want him on the end of things with the ball in front of him but right now in this team with the way we play just shocking.

Yagami

Good post resistant
José wasted an absolute tonne on him. Try him on the right or drop him.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I feel sorry for him. Yes, he’s not top quality, and can technically be diabolical at times, but he’s a proven PL goal scorer. We’ve asked him to completely change his game, put on muscle and be a static focal point a la Ibra and he’s not ever going to be able to do that.

Foxbatt

His header or attempted header was hilarious and it was what I was expecting. Then that attempt at control in the second half was ridiculous.

Cloud7

He's just had a terrible game so I'm expecting a blinder in his next interview.
We could probably do a bingo for his next interview, as he’ll probably roll out all the classics. It’s not the managers fault, we need to man up, some of my teammates are kids, no one trains as hard as me, I’m a student of the game etc etc

montpelier

If we can't have someone of the very highest class someone in the style of Lacazette is a better fit for us.

Sharp movement, alert, getting quick shots away. Knit some play together, moving the ball on, etc. Rejoining what's happening.

We'd do better going back to the hit & hope crossing style.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Sanchez should have got the nod up top again today as I thought we were actually making a little progress with him,no wonder we looked toothless again in attack with Rom up front.I have nothing against him but he shouldnt be starting at the mo with the form hes in.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Watching the Spurs game, it is sad how they have a striker like Kane, while we have this useless player as our leading striker.

The difference between their abilities is worlds apart. I doubt they'll sell Kane for even 200m, but it's worth a shot.
Kane would look like a league one player playing for us. We create feck all. He'd be running around hunting the ball alone

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Sanchez should have got the nod up top again today as I thought we were actually making a little progress with him,no wonder we looked toothless again in attack with Rom up front.I have nothing against him but he shouldnt be starting at the mo with the form hes in.
I'm pissed we started him. He should have earned his way back into contention

montpelier

I think Kane needs to play in a team that is set up to service him specifically & needs that to be scoring.

I don't think that's us really is it? Traditionally speaking & igboring the van Persie season.

I can't be bothered with a long post, but Mourinho either doesn't get this or is caught betwixt & between, as they say.

We are basically characterised by putting square pegs in round holes atm, imo.

Ashley R1+O

A shame he was adjudged slightly offside for the disallowed goal. Would have been upset had there not been a pretty much identical one for Palace. Service is still horrendous to him, the whole thing is an all-round mess.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's a woeful footballer. We started to look coherent attacking unit with Sanchez at center forward and he was creating space for Martial, Pogba etc to create and then Jose brings this lump to stink up the place.

The attacking play relies a lot on having a proper technically sound striker, which is why for all his faults late in his career Fergie always bought top quality center forwards.

A shame he was adjudged slightly offside for the disallowed goal. Would have been upset had there not been a pretty much identical one for Palace. Service is still horrendous to him, the whole thing is an all-round mess.
I find it hard to accept the poor service argument when he makes almost no runs, and when he does they are in a straight line right next to the defenders.

Where is his instinct to drift off the back of his marker, why doesn't he make diagonal runs in between the centre backs, why doesn't he try and get in the channel inside the full backs and drag the defenders out of shape. He must be so easy to mark.

I think he would be alright if we played a proper counter attacking game from deep but no team is ever going to push up that far against us and give him that much space to run at them, teams know for all our faults we can still be very dangerous when things click.

Johan07

Lukaku and Matic are challenging each other who will cover less ground per game.
I dont want to hate on either player but was there ever a game that showed that Mourinho went wrong when buying/making these two the spine of our team it was/is today; it showed what it is: just not enough.

Thiagoal

It's quite ridiculous how, when Lukaku plays, we resort to pumping 100 yard passes up to him and sling in cross after cross when actually that's not his strength.

If we played some nimble, fast thinking players in front of him and slid balls through he'd look a far better player! He's never been good at building up play or an out and out target man! Somehow Mou can't see it!

meninred

If Lukaku stops scoring then we can definitely say we will be a top 10 midtable team.

KennyBurner

He is worse than a passenger
Im actually foaming at the mouth right now, we don't deserve this sort of player. No matter the excuses people try and make for him it doesn't justify his limited ability on the ball. I'm so sick of having limited players at this club. Lukaku, smalling, young, fellaini, lingard, rashford the list goes on. What did we do to deserve this?

Not only is he very limited but he is also lazy which is just disgraceful. I'm tired of him. If we can't provide for him he can't provide for himself. Just sell him for whatever.

Ashley R1+O

He is worse than a passenger
They showed a wider shot of this and he's making a run off the shoulder in which he has to turn back and try and control. In essence this is what I'm talking about with the bad service, a ball at cock height on the half volley. Would be nicer if this actually landed to feet and didn't bring the striker about 12 yards off of where he's trying to make the run.

But in general this is a clearance and who knows where it is going to go, it could have gone anywhere and any player no matter how good they were might have skunked a touch on it. There was a nice piece of link up play in the first half and I don't see anybody posting that going "Guys, can we please do more of this? See how he actually had a proper interaction here with a neat touch, a pass to feet and an offload? It would be nice!".

Just micro complaining about one issue. I made the same comment in another thread, analyzing performance like this is unhealthy and turning people into negative obsessives but have fun with that one. Seems people are writhing around in their own filth and enjoying it.

jmaggio

They showed a wider shot of this and he's making a run off the shoulder in which he has to turn back and try and control. In essence this is what I'm talking about with the bad service, a ball at cock height on the half volley. Would be nicer if this actually landed to feet and didn't bring the striker about 12 yards off of where he's trying to make the run.

But in general this is a clearance and who knows where it is going to go. There was a nice piece of link up play in the first half and I don't see anybody posting that going "Guys, can we please do more of this? See how he actually had a proper interaction here with a neat touch, a pass to feet and an offload? It would be nice!".

Just micro complaining about one issue. I made the same comment in another thread, analyzing performance like this is unhealthy and turning people into negative obsessives but have fun with that one. Seems people are writhing around in their own filth and enjoying it.
That’s amongst the worst touches I have seen from a united player , no, a premier league player ever. It’s not over analysing and many posters say they recall this incident in all its glaring grimness. It’s not being obsessive to acknowledge a player is not united quality, at least first 11 quality.

Edit: just re watched it, it’s not been rifled at him like you say, it’s going at a nice speed at a decent height. Rediculous, is his technical ability just this bad or is he not concentrating. Who knows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.