Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"One day when I leave United the next manager will find here Lukaku, Matic" - Jose, 2018

You can sell him to Roma.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I hope so but I think the fact he's finally mastered the basics mean he has likely "won" his place back.
Oh he will be back in, mark my words. He will be going nowhere unless we get a vast chunk of our fee back. Thats not me acting ITK, just an opinion. And that was a decent goal yesterday!

And i think the only way we'd entertain a sale is if we thought Haaland was possible, or another top striker. Out of our attackers i think the only ones likely to possibly leave are Broja, Werner and/or Ziyech [ despite his run of decent form recently] and I'd personally let CHO go for decent money, i like him, but i dont quite get the hype. I'm not seeing it...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Really tough situation for Lukaku now.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really tough situation for Lukaku now.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here but it's so frustrating knowing if we rolled with him upfront this season he'd probably be another level right now.

Makes for an interesting decision with Broja, he won't be as tactically bankrupt as Rom but an out and out striker alongside/in front of him seems to severely limit Kai from playing to his full potential.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I know I'm preaching to the converted here but it's so frustrating knowing if we rolled with him upfront this season he'd probably be another level right now.

Makes for an interesting decision with Broja, he won't be as tactically bankrupt as Rom but an out and out striker alongside/in front of him seems to severely limit Kai from playing to his full potential.
I think broja almost play like costa and has pace power control and agility. Kai still very young and can't lead the line on his own for whole season.

We need to strengthen wingbacks position and defense with Lukaku sale it seems.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I think Broja and Havertz could be a fantastic one-two punch kind of partnership. Both of are agile and quick. Both of them are involved a lot in the buildup where Broja is strong and forecul, Havertz is elegant and smooth.

In a potential 60+ game season, there's a place for both of them. We may even have benefited from rolling with Lukaku for so long keeping Havertz fresh for the end of the season.

Mike Smalling

On the bench again today. Tuchel has a player of Lewandowski/Kane quality and doesn't use him. Weird.

United in sin

What a bizarre situation for Lukaku at Chelsea. This transfer wasn't well thought and likely forced on Tuchel. Lukaku hasn't done himself any favors

EtH

Another clinic in heading the ball today. The guy has become a meme.

allen7

Maguire and Ole getting roasted by media and fans everyday while Lukaku and Tuchel are looking like the bigger mistake but no media criticism. Strange!

ti vu

Maguire and Ole getting roasted by media and fans everyday while Lukaku and Tuchel are looking like the bigger mistake but no media criticism. Strange!
Strange comparison. Tuchel tried to not start Lukaku. Tuchel didn't make Lukaku his captain, which is a longer term headache, did he?This signing is more about the people above Tuchel.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Because Tuchel has held his hands up and admitted his error, Ole doubled down and made Maguire captain.

Varun1

Very strange comparison.

EtH

Scapegoat watch!
£98m striker who consistently misses clear cut chances and adds nothing else to his team’s overall play. It’s not exactly scapegoating. He’s quite simply been a catastrophic signing. One of the worst ever for the outlay.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Those money could have been spent better on educating kids in poor countries. At least a few of them will go on to become a great human being, an inventor, etc. With Lukaku its like you spent those money to buy farts. Absolutely nothing beneficial.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Those money could have been spent better on educating kids in poor countries. At least a few of them will go on to become a great human being, an inventor, etc. With Lukaku its like you spent those money to buy farts. Absolutely nothing beneficial.
Literally every penny spent on football players ever would be better spent on educating kids in poor countries mate :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally don't rate managers that go after Lukaku - it's basically signing off Champions League before your season starts.

Mike Smalling

Love the contrast between Lukaku's headed chances and Benzema's first two goals. Benzema had by far the hardest chances and put them both away, while Lukaku missed the chance to give Chelsea a much better shot in two weeks.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
How are people still sticking up for this guy? Literally what are his qualities when he doesn't have lots of space, which is what any CF wants?

Banat

I knew he was limited but thought he would bang some goals and pump his stats against Norwich and the likes, he is absolutely useless. It has to be the worst transfer in PL history.
And these reports that he called Inter himself about a possible return are pure comedy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was a hair diff.

Unfortunately his wet, shiny, bald head had no friction and allowed the ball to skid off it like a mario Kart on a banana skin.

If he had a nice flowing mane or a Fellaini style afro that would have been 3-2.