Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Funny how last summer Lukaku fans were all on about how his all-round game has developed and his work in the build up play is now top-drawer, as if he was Baggio, Shearer and Ronaldo rolled into one. Suddenly, now it‘s all “Chelsea aren’t playing on the counter and giving him space to run into”. The latter part is true, but just proves why Lukaku should really be playing for Everton. He’s a boardline donkey when you put him in a top side.
I would argue he is a donkey. I mean what elite or even very good skills does he have, that have ever made anyone go 'wow'. Sure he has some physical advantages, but he only uses them in specific environments when a system is tailored to him.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I would argue he is a donkey. I mean what elite or even very good skills does he have, that have ever made anyone go 'wow'. Sure he has some physical advantages, but he only uses them in specific environments when a system is tailored to him.
His stepovers are hypnotic.

Andre Kagawa

Latest is that Putin has sent him in uniform to Ukraine to prove that Russia has no intention on striking any targets.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Everyone can see this... Don't need the mail to tell us...

Surely he's been played as it's the best long term interest of the club.

We're better in attack with Lukaku as the impact sub.

Redlyn

He’s set a record for the most anonymous performance since records began. It would be weird if they simply ignored it. Especially given his price tag.
It was not anonymous. It's actually called silent domination.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Everyone can see this... Don't need the mail to tell us...

Surely he's been played as it's the best long term interest of the club.

We're better in attack with Lukaku as the impact sub.
Yeah it's not like most of us haven't been saying this for months.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I really hope a) that's true and b) he backs that opinion up with actions.

My fear is even if Tuchel benches him again in the cup final it will only take him having a game where he does the basics well to "win" his place back.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I really hope a) that's true and b) he backs that opinion up with actions.

My fear is even if Tuchel benches him again in the cup final it will only take him having a game where he does the basics well to "win" his place back.
Like.. more than 7 touches?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I’m trying to see how “doing this for views” is a negative for SkySports that, well, literally does everything for views, it’s their business model?
It's a bit petty though. Imagine if they were spreading Phil Jone's faces compilation. It's the kind of content you expect from fans not a news outlet.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Like.. more than 7 touches?
If by some miracle he doesn't get picked on Sunday he'll probably net two at Luton and then start every match until until situation becomes untenable, rinse and repeat.

It's so annoying because I genuinely believe we have a chance of retaining the UCL (and a domestic double) if we stick to Kai up front.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
As much as he annoys me it is weird that teams sign him and then don't use him properly. he cost so much money
Is it really Chelsea if they don't buy strikers for obscene money and then ruin them?

How many have the had turn out over the years? Certainly destroyed Shevchenko, Torres, Morata, Werner, and now Lukaku...

Halftrack

Is it really Chelsea if they don't buy strikers for obscene money and then ruin them?

How many have the had turn out over the years? Certainly destroyed Shevchenko, Torres, Morata, Werner, and now Lukaku...
Torres was already broken when they bought him, and Morata turned out to just be a kind of average player.

Lukaku's the same he's always been, some people just convinced themselves that his record in Italy was a result of him evolving and improving. Turns out he's still exactly the same player with exactly the same flaws.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
According to tomorrow's La Gazzetta dello Sport Lukaku desperately want to return to Inter and have already called Inter president Steven Zhang to arrange a comeback. Sad at Chelsea, he's willing to reduce his wage just to leave..

:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
:

According to tomorrow's La Gazzetta dello Sport Lukaku desperately want to return to Inter and have already called Inter president Steven Zhang. He's sad at Chelsea and he's willing to reduce his wage just to leave..
Then when he's goes back and ends up playing second fiddle to Dzeko he'll make a B line for Everton and say he always loved it at Merseyside.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
According to tomorrow's La Gazzetta dello Sport Lukaku desperately want to return to Inter and have already called Inter president Steven Zhang to arrange a comeback. Sad at Chelsea, he's willing to reduce his wage just to leave..

:
No surprise here, hopefully we won't take too much of a loss... Time for us to retire the 9 shirt, never works out since Roman bought us!

Irony is we'd have been better off getting Dzeko in cheap as the option at 9 short term and starting a fluid 3 up front like we did v Lille. Easy with hindsight!

Last edited:

Pintu

Irony is we'd have been better off getting Dzeko in cheap as the option at 9 short term and starting a fluid 3 up front like we did v Lille. Easy with hindsight!
Conte tried to get Dzeko in 2018 (after he helped Roma win their group over you in the CL) but he refused it back then. I think he said something about his wife and kids being well settled in Italy. He wasn't gonna switch countries again at this age. Giroud ended up doing alright.

You got very lucky with Thiago Silva choosing this option so late in his career after that stupid Leonardo decision.

I'm a beautiful thing

I went to the Milan Derby in 2020,just beating Covid, sitting next to an Inter who said, all Lukaku can do is kick and run, so true

:
The headline even says they don't want him back. 'the deal remains expensive, the club has other plans'.

The fans don't want him either. He burned his bridges with his interviews when he left.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's the Oracle :lol:

Havertz created more threat in the first 10 minutes vs Lille than Lukaku has all season.
We've all been saying this months, and the stats back it up. If the eye test and the stats both point to the same thing, there is no good reason to continue starting Lukaku. The final on Sunday will I guess reveal whether Lukaku was dropped or just rested against Lille.

Chelskiing

Supports
Chelsea
Ever since he’s come out and said he regrets leaving inter he’s been terrible. Season to forget from him so far. He should let his football do the talking but he can’t help himself.
I don't remember him saying he 'regrets leaving inter' I thought he said something about regretting the WAY he left which is a totally different statement.

Martial and Rashford have shown a level up top that Lukaku couldn’t even dream of. The issue is neither have been able to keep it up for more than a season but it’s night and day watching them compared to Lukaku.
this is just funny. I mean papisse cisse scored an incredible goal or two which the likes of Ronaldo will never do. so what? Martial occasionally shows some twinkle-toed skill that Lukaku will never be capable of because he's built like a brick shithouse. meanwhile Martial has 2 goals in 30 for France, Romelu has 68 in 101 for Belgium. I know which one of those shows a 'level up top' that the other couldn't dream of.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don't remember him saying he 'regrets leaving inter' I thought he said something about regretting the WAY he left which is a totally different statement.

this is just funny. I mean papisse cisse scored an incredible goal or two which the likes of Ronaldo will never do. so what? Martial occasionally shows some twinkle-toed skill that Lukaku will never be capable of because he's built like a brick shithouse. meanwhile Martial has 2 goals in 30 for France, Romelu has 68 in 101 for Belgium. I know which one of those shows a 'level up top' that the other couldn't dream of.
Glad you get to watch Lukaku then every week. Rather you than me!

Jackal981

We've all been saying this months, and the stats back it up. If the eye test and the stats both point to the same thing, there is no good reason to continue starting Lukaku. The final on Sunday will I guess reveal whether Lukaku was dropped or just rested against Lille.
If you want any chance to win that game surely Lukaku needs to be dropped. With how Liverpool set their team up and press Lukaku will have his worst game. He could probably set the record again for the lowest amount of touches in a game. Could not control the ball under the slightest pressure. Its like he has an anti magnet in his boots

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Tuchel about Lukaku today: "If you look at the history he starts a lot of matches, but today for us is a bit more about running, and running behind the line, and Kai, Christian and Mason are today, from a tactical point of view, a bit a better fit, and it’s very nice to have Romelu off the bench to influence the game."

So... now officially degraded to substition option instead of first choice? Sounds a lot like it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Back to Italy I suspect.

He'd actually probably be alright I'm the French league too.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel about Lukaku today: "If you look at the history he starts a lot of matches, but today for us is a bit more about running, and running behind the line, and Kai, Christian and Mason are today, from a tactical point of view, a bit a better fit, and it’s very nice to have Romelu off the bench to influence the game."

So... now officially degraded to substition option instead of first choice? Sounds a lot like it.
I hope so but I think the fact he's finally mastered the basics mean he has likely "won" his place back.