Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No, he wasn’t. First we had to deal with the future lukaku when he came back from inter as a changed player, a different animal so watch him out next season. Now we are going back to past lukaku where he was a different animal back then. No, he was never different. He was always the same animal, a donkey. The number of variations he has been described with and the amount of countless versions he has been ascribed to , he must have gone past the whole evolutionary process and is evolved into some future species and let me tell you that future species is still a Donkey.
Love this, my favourite post in a while :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

His agent in Milan talking with inter

This would be hilarious incompetence by Chelsea. Buy him for a ridiculous fee, get nothing out of him and then loan him back to his old club at your own cost! Inter laughing all the way to the bank.

Teja

Man, the PL clubs are chumps. Overpay for foreign talent and sell their own players on the cheap.

::sonny::

This would be hilarious incompetence by Chelsea. Buy him for a ridiculous fee, get nothing out of him and then loan him back to his old club at your own cost! Inter laughing all the way to the bank.
Not much difference of what happened with Martial to Seville as well

TrustInJanuzaj

Not much difference of what happened with Martial to Seville as well
Nah it's genuinely nothing like it. The loan element is comparable, the rest is nothing like it. Martial at least gave us some brilliant seasons and performances and value for our much cheaper fee. Lukakau has had no upside for even more money.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Actually mental the amount of cumulative fees this guy has generated.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
A loan to Inter Milan has to be out of the equation.
After paying €113 million for Mr. Lukaku last year, a swap deal would be the fairest and the only acceptable one, with Chelsea losing money every time.

Swap directly for Barella, Bastoni, or Skriniar.

The other options are that he brings an offer of more than 80 million euros from another club or he will have an exclusive seat in the Stamford Bridge stands in the year of the World Cup.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bakayoko went out on loan a year after a big money transfer to Chelsea didn't he?

Chelsea just doing Chelsea things

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
biggest mistake was selling Abraham and getting Lukaku in to fill his spot
It was yet another ridiculous negotiation by Ms. Marina.

If I'm not mistaken the club has only received 5 million euros so far, with the remaining 35 million to be paid on terms in later years, when the player has probably already been sold for a much higher amount.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Biggest mistake was selling Abraham and getting Lukaku in to fill his spot
Abraham wasn't good enough and Lukaku hasn't been either. Lukaku had a great record at Inter, serie A form means little.

Can't believe we'd loan him rather than sell, maybe an accounting reason for it. Hasn't fitted in and better get him out than let him stink up the dressing room.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Was convinced he would stay another yr at least, but seems a return to Inter could actually happen.

ti vu

Chelsea must be sick of him if they would accept to loan him and subsidized his wage.

I thought they would try a swap deal plus cash for Lautaro Martinez. Chelsea still need a CF, no?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea must be sick of him if they would accept to loan him and subsidized his wage.

I thought they would try a swap deal plus cash for Lautaro Martinez. Chelsea still need a CF, no?
I'd rather go with Kai and build around the sides like Liverpool did with Firmino. Maybe get an Giroud type to mix things up a bit when nessesesery.

Just looking at the top line and assuming it would fall into place is what got us stuck with Lukaku in the first place.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What is it with his ex teams that make them miss him and re sign him so many times? He probably has a big cock and those chants were correct, there is no other explanation.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No, he wasn’t. First we had to deal with the future lukaku when he came back from inter as a changed player, a different animal so watch him out next season. Now we are going back to past lukaku where he was a different animal back then. No, he was never different. He was always the same animal, a donkey. The number of variations he has been described with and the amount of countless versions he has been ascribed to , he must have gone past the whole evolutionary process and is evolved into some future species and let me tell you that future species is still a Donkey.
What a post :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
I know Chelsea fan's were optimistic they were getting an elite striker in Lukaku last summer but I feel the Caf and United fans called these events unfolding back when he originally signed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What is it with his ex teams that make them miss him and re sign him so many times? He probably has a big cock and those chants were correct, there is no other explanation.
Inter wanting to sign him is logical decision, he had good record in Serie A and for Inter.

DevilRed

I know Chelsea fan's were optimistic they were getting an elite striker in Lukaku last summer but I feel the Caf and United fans called these events unfolding back when he originally signed.
Its mental that they thought he would turn out good.

Its almost like they didn't watch him play for us all those years.

Mike Smalling

Yes :lol:

Also, just want to point out, that if a 29 year old player with 600+ games under his belt still hasn't figured out what weight he should be, and how to stay at that weight, then that is a fault of that player. I can't recall any other players weight gain and weight loss being discussed that much as it relates to his playstyle. We had Rooney and Anderson, but that was clearly just a lack of discipline - not bulking up in muscle and slimming down later.

The Urban Goose

Almost like buying a former youth product for a world record fee, getting nothing out of him for five years and then letting him go on a free back to the club from which he was purchased?

;)

crossy1686

career ending

They didn't, obviously. It's super easy to point at United and say we're ruining players and we've appointed bad managers, and all someone like Lukaku need's is a Conte to manage him. The reality is we attract bad characters that need constant assurance and attention, Lukaku is no exception. I guess people always think they'll be the one's to get a tune out of the player, like when Rodgers signed Balotelli and then got sacked.

justsomebloke

I'd rather go with Kai and build around the sides like Liverpool did with Firmino. Maybe get an Giroud type to mix things up a bit when nessesesery.

Just looking at the top line and assuming it would fall into place is what got us stuck with Lukaku in the first place.
But playing 3 at the back, you're probably a bit more dependent on a top finisher in the middle than Liverpool is? You're way behind Liverpool and City in the amount and quality of scoring chances you create (xG of 69.3, whereas the other two are well into the 90s), which seems to me to be the weak point of Tuchel's system.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I'd say it was more true the other way when you had him we were warning many United fans he wasn't all that. Whenever I did I usually got either dogs abuse (by posters who now have the exact same opinion) or "yeah but Morata" (who I would take back in a deal with the devil yesterday if it was the only way of getting shot of Rom).

I mean ofcourse there was a section who brought into the unfinished business guff and some other who genuinely thought he was a good enough but the general reaction was lukewarm at best.

But playing 3 at the back, you're probably a bit more dependent on a top finisher in the middle than Liverpool is?
Strangely despite our attacking inconsistencys we've outscored 3 of our 5 title teams and they had guaranteed 20 goal a season players (Lampard or Costa) with a further 15 guaranteed from the secondary scorers (Drogba or Hazard). Also all our outfield even semi regulars bar Sarr scored at some point last season.

I'd say the most important thing is quality depth at the wingback positions. When James and Chilwell were fit and firing we had no problems scoring enough goals as a team.

I mean if Lewandowski suddenly becomes available for us then by all means we should go for it but i don't want us to sign a player we think would guarantee a certain amount of goals without looking into the bigger picture of how they fit the system.

justsomebloke

I'd say it was more true the other way when you had him we were warning many United fans he wasn't all that. Whenever I did I usually got either dogs abuse (by posters who now have the exact same opinion) or "yeah but Morata" (who I would take back in a deal with the devil yesterday if it was the only way of getting shot of Rom).

I mean ofcourse there was a section who brought into the unfinished business guff and some other who genuinely thought he was a good enough but the general reaction was lukewarm at best.

Strangely despite our attacking inconsistencys we've outscored 3 of our 5 title teams and they had guaranteed 20 goal a season players (Lampard or Costa) with a further 15 guaranteed from the secondary scorers (Drogba or Hazard). Also all our outfield even semi regulars bar Sarr scored at some point last season.

I'd say the most important thing is quality depth at the wingback positions. When James and Chilwell were fit and firing we had no problems scoring enough goals as a team.

I mean if Lewandowski suddenly becomes available for us then by all means we should go for it but i don't want us to sign a player we think would guarantee a certain amount of goals without looking into the bigger picture of how they fit the system.
Those title teams weren't competing against the City and Liverpool teams we see right now. Finishing aside, your team xG this year was roughly similar to Spurs', not much better than Arsenal's and much closer to ours than to the top two. This clearly suggests you have a significant gap to the top two that isn't about the quality of the finishing, but about the offense you generate as a team. Which, if that remains unchanged, means you can only compensate by outperforming your xG more than they do. Which should mean you're more in need of an elite scorer in the middle than they are. So if I were in your shoes, I'd worry if the plan was to rely more on team offence. But who knows, maybe it'll work.

flappyjay

They didn't, obviously. It's super easy to point at United and say we're ruining players and we've appointed bad managers, and all someone like Lukaku need's is a Conte to manage him. The reality is we attract bad characters that need constant assurance and attention, Lukaku is no exception. I guess people always think they'll be the one's to get a tune out of the player, like when Rodgers signed Balotelli and then got sacked.
Chelsea did it with Falcao too :lol: :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Very true.

InfiniteBoredom

Not sure how reliable this guy is but this is an awful awful deal for Chelsea. Subsidising his wage for a year and even if Inter has obligation to buy they lost half of the money they paid for him after only one season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Not sure how reliable this guy is but this is an awful awful deal for Chelsea. Subsidising his wage for a year and even if Inter has obligation to buy they lost half of the money they paid for him after only one season.
The idea of recouping what we paid for Lukaku is an absurd fantasy. That's never going to happen. We either stick with him and hope that we get good value out of him on the pitch or we take a huge loss on him and get rid. Those are the two options.

::sonny::

Like happened with Crespo and Veron in the past always with inter

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

If that's the case I will snap their hands off. We will happily accept the loss with him and move on instead of keeping him unhappy in dressing room may not be a wise move. If we get some 60mn back for him then that's more than good enough at present circumstances.