Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

cyberman

I hope Chelsea fans love watching Lukaku or selling him for 15m next summer

cyberman

What difference does it make to Chelsea fans how much he is sold for?
Funds. Youre in a fight for top 4 now so every penny might count. There comes a time when your striker black hole has to stop, you’re not oil backed anymore. You must still owe Inter a good 60 odd million yet that needs to be paid as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Didn’t realise he’s 30 in May!

£100m. Must be up there with one of the worst transfers of all time? Another loan to Inter next year and he’ll go for a nominal fee. Also looks like injuries are now creeping in which was always going to be the case for an explosive player with such a big frame.

Disaster.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Didn’t realise he’s 30 in May!

£100m. Must be up there with one of the worst transfers of all time? Another loan to Inter next year and he’ll go for a nominal fee. Also looks like injuries are now creeping in which was always going to be the case for an explosive player with such a big frame.

Disaster.
Maguire at £120 million was worse.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Love this, someone points out this was a poor purchase and you pipe up "Yea, well you did worse!", it's what's wrong with the internet, it's ok to acknowledge and even agree that it was a bad decision and you don't have to find a worse one in some strange way to justify this one.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Love this, someone points out this was a poor purchase and you pipe up "Yea, well you did worse!", it's what's wrong with the internet, it's ok to acknowledge and even agree that it was a bad decision and you don't have to find a worse one in some strange way to justify this one.
Hazard to RM is worse than both, so i'm here to say that "WE did worse", take that.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah, it's definately what's wrong with the Internet.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t get it? He wasn’t:houllier:

Maguire wasn’t a good signing though but his fee and salary are not in the same ball park as Lukaku.

I guess looking back Chelsea have made some expend dud signings of late. The recruitment definitely needs an overhaul.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably another loan somewhere else. Could see him at Atletico to replace Felix

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t get it? He wasn’t:houllier:

Maguire wasn’t a good signing though but his fee and salary are not in the same ball park as Lukaku.

I guess looking back Chelsea have made some expend dud signings of late. The recruitment definitely needs an overhaul.
I say it's worse purely because we held our hands up within a year whereas you're still trying to make it work with Maguire.

Him started the season over 4x UCL winning Varane (and probably would have carried on doing so had he not been beyond bad in the opening two fixtures) was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen.

cyberman

I say it's worse purely because we held our hands up within a year whereas you're still trying to make it work with Maguire.

Him started the season over 4x UCL winning Varane (and probably would have carried on doing so had he not been beyond bad in the opening two fixtures) was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen.
I can’t see how it’s the same. We got two top 4 places with him as our best CB.
Not saying he’s a success but it’s ridiculous to say he would be a better transfer for us if we just let him go after the first season and lose the same outlay on him regardless. Harry had one bad season and he’s dropped down the pecking order, it is more or less Lukaku anyway.
That Lukaku transfer is why you now have Aubameyang up top, it’s so bad it doubles down on itself. Never mind you not actually having solved the problem with a 31 year old, seemingly injury prone striker on 320k per week coming back to you next summer.
It’s like Maguire and Ronaldos two transfers combined

TheReligion

Abusive

You’ve got the money to just write things off like that though. Much like City and PSG. It may change now following the take over and you’ll need to be more careful with your signings without that safety net. Your last few transfer windows have been hideous in terms of expense and end product really.

Re Ten Hag. Don’t think it was an odd decision really. He gave him a chance then quickly moved away from him. When you’re coming in to a new club that’s what you do for a number of reasons.

CM

It's a lot easier to move on a player like Lukaku who has a good goalscoring record than it is with someone like Maguire. We managed to do it ourselves when Inter bought him in the first place!

Varane and Martinez is quite clearly the first choice partnership when both are fit as well. Maguire's status within the team here is probably more akin to Kepa if we're making a direct comparison.

Baneofthegame

seems a bit OTT.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Must have taken a bribe, even Maguire would have a hattrick from the chances.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20914478/lukaku-reveals-boehly-chat-chelsea-tuchel-row/

“Boehly decided to let me leave after I told him the whole truth about my relationship with Tuchel."

Here we go again. He cant help himself when it comes into talking about his ex managers and team mates in order to justify himself even when he is shite.
Chelsea let you go because you're shite. Not because your relationship with Tuchel. Now he's bigging up Inter fans again.

Last edited:

Pintu

Having the worst season in his career since he broke out at WBA, last year at Chelsea was the first season in a decade that he failed to score at least 20 in all competitions and at least 10 in the league. Well on his way to repeating that, he has the worst scoring ratio he's had in this period as well - 0.36 goals per 90 in Serie A this year. This is even worse than last year in the PL (0.45 goals per 90).

Now, what is Lukaku worth when he doesn't score?

Arlo

I'm curious as to when he became so insecure as to blame absolutely everyone else for his own shortcomings. I can't say that I recall any such behaviour when he was at Everton or West Brom. Was he always so defensive about his contributions?

Lee565

I can imagine there will still be takers for him like conte if he last another season at spurs and kane moves on, mourinho would likely take him on if he can afford him at a knock down price, then there is simeone with atletico if felix is sold.

Yorke to Cole

I'm curious as to when he became so insecure as to blame absolutely everyone else for his own shortcomings. I can't say that I recall any such behaviour when he was at Everton or West Brom. Was he always so defensive about his contributions?
He was like that at Everton. I remember the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, when Ibrahimovic scored a penalty in the last minutes.

Once the final whistle went and the two sides comes together, he was with Pogba and he was complaining about his teammates, pointing and gesturing.

If I recall, Lukaku did not receive a pass, he should have got when Everton were breaking.

I am so glad Solksjaer got rid of him for a decent fee.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Having the worst season in his career since he broke out at WBA, last year at Chelsea was the first season in a decade that he failed to score at least 20 in all competitions and at least 10 in the league. Well on his way to repeating that, he has the worst scoring ratio he's had in this period as well - 0.36 goals per 90 in Serie A this year. This is even worse than last year in the PL (0.45 goals per 90).

Now, what is Lukaku worth when he doesn't score?
Inter don’t have an obligation to buy, right? He’ll be on the conductor belt for loans across European clubs for a while. He’s contracted at Chelsea until 2026.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"My dream is to play for ManUtd"
nek minnit
"I love Inter, this is my place"
nek minnit
"I love Chelsea and belong in PL"
next minnit
"I love Inter fans and Italy"

Last edited:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You’ve got the money to just write things off like that though. Much like City and PSG. It may change now following the take over and you’ll need to be more careful with your signings without that safety net. Your last few transfer windows have been hideous in terms of expense and end product really.

Re Ten Hag. Don’t think it was an odd decision really. He gave him a chance then quickly moved away from him. When you’re coming in to a new club that’s what you do for a number of reasons.
I view Ten Hag and Maguire similar to Potter and Mendy. Potter wants a keeper to play a specific way and do specific things, so Kepa was the better choice for him.

Maguire will go somewhere, get his confidence back to where it is for England and play well for someone. You’ll probably even recoup a little of the money.

Lukaku? We are literally paying him to stay away from us. If it wasn’t for FFP they would cut a lump sum check for him to just go away.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
nek minnit
nek minnit
next minnit
He is the definition of fake fan. Claims to have been a Chelsea fan since he was 10. He was born in 1993. Guess who bought Chelsea in 2003.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He is the definition of fake fan. Claims to have been a Chelsea fan since he was 10. He was born in 1993. Guess who bought Chelsea in 2003.
I'm fairly certain that stadium tour was a PR stunt which unfortunately we fell for.

Cloud7

nek minnit
nek minnit
next minnit
I am waiting for the day he comes full circle and says that United is where his heart is