Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was a bit of a silly move coming back, to be honest. I know he’s a boyhood Chelsea fan but he’s never been massively loved by anyone in England and he was genuinely killing it in Italy last season.

Plus, he doesn’t look like he fits how Tuchel wants to play at all. I think we’ll see him move again in another 12-18 months

Cloud7

I remember his first game back at Chelsea the commentators were calling him the hottest striker property in European football :lol: Lukaku is the exact same player I was ecstatic that we got rid of.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The difference between him and Antonio in that game was light years. It’s hard to believe that Lukaku is a £100m striker on £290k a week.

Mike Smalling

I was certain he would get 20-25 goals after his first few games this season. Not so sure anymore.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
One of my favourite players when it's not in our team.

It's like having an extra man for yourself.

Now Chelsea have to get used to using him or just lose a good chunk of that 100mil.
Beautiful stuff

Pronewbie

Peep
Lukaku is one of those rare players that unite consensus among United fans.

Still early days but it was funny how opposition fans were slagging and mocking us for selling him.

mu4c_20le

Was just about to say that it will take awhile for him to get going again. But I'm sure he'll start banging them in and then we'll see the gloating agian.

AshRK

Lukaku is one of those rare players that unite consensus among United fans.

Still early days but it was funny how opposition fans were slagging and mocking us for selling him.
Yes. When he was scoring for us rival fans and media mocked him and his first touch. Some chelsea fans said Morata is better than Lukaku, then when we sold him, we were again mocked and Lukaku was suddenly called even better than ronaldo. Now here we are.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
But Havertz doesn't score enough.
I don't care. He enhances the team's play, facilities more chances, makes his teammates better and scores enough for that not to be a problem.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bet G Nev and the others ludicrously over hyping him due to a couple of tap ins early season feel ever so slightly silly.
He's no better than when we had him and Chelsea won't be winning a league with him starting.

Bobski

I don't care. He enhances the team's play, facilities more chances, makes his teammates better and scores enough for that not to be a problem.
Yes, but people stay vastly overrating individual goal totals.

This generations Jardel/Mario Gomez, great numbers, but lacking in too many areas to be a key player at a top team. If you aren't making the team better your goals are meaningless.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The difference between him and Antonio in that game was light years. It’s hard to believe that Lukaku is a £100m striker on £290k a week.
We're in an age where players can have incredible glaring weaknesses and go for insane fees and wages, as there is a real dearth of top quality in all positions these days.

Idxomer

A lot of people still can't come to terms that pure strikers aren't as important as before in modern football, especially when they aren't really elite.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's the same as he's always been. A good goalscorer with too many faults to his game to ever be a truly top striker. Can't believe they spent 100m+ on him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A lot of people still can't come to terms that strikers aren't as important as before in modern football, especially when they aren't really elite.
Eh, it depends on the team and the player as it always has. I wouldn't say they're any less important than they were before. Not like Lukaku would've been a different player 15 years ago. Good, not great. Just like Mario Gomez scored loads when he played but I never considered him a top striker.

GMoore23

If City come in for Kane in January, They might just be able to offload him to Conte.

Cloud7

What are the Chelsea fans saying about him on Chelsea's equivalent of the caf?

MalaysianRed7

Ole didn’t do a good job here by any means, but choosing to sell Lukaku as his first major move in the market was a masterstroke.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A lot of people still can't come to terms that pure strikers aren't as important as before in modern football, especially when they aren't really elite.
There's a place for strikers like Lukaku. I don't think he's a bad player. He's very good. I just didn't think a team like ours, with the way we play, is a good fit for him or us. We'd probably have been better off signing Martinez from Inter instead.

PoTMS

Is it just me or does it look like he's put on a decent amount of weight on again?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That three clubs have spent 70m plus on him is incredible. That one spent nearly 100m on him is negligent.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Is it just me or does it look like he's put on a decent amount of weight on again?
It could be that whenever he plays in PL (after Everton) he gets stressed out. Some people can get fat easily when they're stressed out.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yes. When he was scoring for us rival fans and media mocked him and his first touch. Some chelsea fans said Morata is better than Lukaku, then when we sold him, we were again mocked and Lukaku was suddenly called even better than ronaldo. Now here we are.
Funny thing is I pointed out all his flaws even when he had that red hot start for you lot and I was apparently only saying it out of jealously :lol:

The one funny thing out of this is witnessing the posters in question saying all the same stuff they attacked for.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I was always steadfast in my assessment of him ; — he’s pretty fecking shit.

Pep's Suit

So happy City didn't sign him. And that's why I don't understand why so many fans say signing any striker is better than no striker.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I was always steadfast in my assessment of him ; — he’s pretty fecking shit.
Don't think he's shit. Just think he has too many flaws to be regarded as a top player. Regardless of how many goals he scores.