Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

SungSam7

They were not gonna win it without him anyways. These past few months have exposed Chelsea; they never proved they were on the level of City or even Liverpool, teams that have challenged for titles in the past few years.

Placing this on Lukaku is classic Caf scapegoatism.
Huh? People and analysts were saying Lukaku was the key to winning the league due to his ability to score against lesser sides. The silly ones were points are dropped, he was the guy to fix that!?

Tony247

And this guy supposed to carry Drogba‘s legacy at Cheleea where in reality he is not even 1% of what Drogba is as a professional and a person.

Coops73

The blokes a cock, he ain’t even that good, thank god we fecked him off.

Redlyn

He has knuckled down and got his place back though?

The quotes were taken out of context, if you read on he actually says he's not happy about it but he's a worker and won't give up!!
Which is what he's done!!
So he won't give up. Still I don't understand what context is missing. The more you get into all the things he said, it just gets worse.

Irwin99

I always thought he was a very good striker when in form but he's a very sensitive and peculiar guy it would seem. Can't be many players that have annoyed so many of their own teams quite as much. I remember him falling out with Ashley williams at Everton, the Man United/Pogba/Luke Shaw situations, he left Inter on not great terms and now this. Wonder if he'll ever realize the problem might be him.

TheReligion

Abusive
He wanted to stay at Inter
Says he only left because they wouldn't give him a new contract
Says he only joined Chelsea after it became apparent he would not get a move to Real, Barca or Bayern
Says he will return to Inter
Says no need for Martinez to join him at Chelsea because he will be back at Inter soon
States Tuchel changed the system on him
Says he is going to talk to Tuchel to work out a system that he likes (assistant coach Rom)

Other than that, totally normal respectful interview.
Jesus did he say all that?!

SER19

Clumsy, terrible player who has banged in goals and other times not. So so glad we got rid

Banat

I have never ever seen a bigger mercenary.
At least you can pretend it's not about contract, I mean, he will get abuse from both set of fans for this.
I can't believe someone can be this stupid.
Good riddance.

el3mel

What's the purpose of such interview, really ? He's really stupid when it comes to dealing with the media.

SAFMUTD

Says he only joined Chelsea after it became apparent he would not get a move to Real, Barca or Bayern
Says no need for Martinez to join him at Chelsea because he will be back at Inter soon
Says he is going to talk to Tuchel to work out a system that he likes (assistant coach Rom)

I can't think of any more statements he could had said that would had made him look worse.

Really stupid interview, what the hell has he thinking? He had nothing to win and now he end up being in a bad place with Chelsea fans and Tuchel. Also it didn't help his case with Inter at all.

Gandalf

Rom is lucky Werner et al are out at this moment or I am pretty certain he would be Aubameyanged. Of course he still might be but that would require some serious testicular fortitude from Tommy when they have Liverpool, Spurs and City over the next 2 weeks.

arnie_ni

What's the purpose of such interview, really ? He's really stupid when it comes to dealing with the media.
The athletic reported he set the interview himself. Neither Chelsea or his agents were aware of it

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Why would he ask for a new contract whilst only 2 years into his contract? I'm assuming he'd have 3/4 years left on it (not sure what deal he initially signed with Inter).

Seems he was butthurt that Inter didn't see his contract situation as a priority and decided to throw (surprise surprise) a temper tantrum.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lukaku needs to get his head down and play football. Stop doing interviews and acting like a brat.
He doesn't act like a brat, he is a brat. He showed it in almost all the clubs he played for, I don't know if there is a player that is so good at upsetting people.

copen1945

Is that what he said? I am surprised his public relations people let this interview to be aired. This wasn't a live interview.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's has tried to win back the Inter fans but he's ended up wrecking his relationship with Chelsea fans and the Inter fans still don't give a feck about him and have no interest in accepting his apology.

I'd call that a massive own goal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Absolutely moronic thing to say. The response from Inter fans makes it even better :lol:

AshRK

Ole made some mistakes but selling him was never one. He came after the 2018 wc overweight, trained wearing a anderlecht jersey and flirting with italian league. The guy is a problem for any club. Glad he is not our problem.

InfiniteBoredom

He's has tried to win back the Inter fans but he's ended up wrecking his relationship with Chelsea fans and the Inter fans still don't give a feck about him and have no interest in accepting his apology.

I'd call that a massive own goal.
The thing is he could’ve done the same thing without offending Chelsea fans.

He just has this unique talent of annoying people needlessly. Like wtf would saying he wanted to leave Utd since his 2nd game achieve for him professionally? Yet he did it anyway, same thing with Everton when he and Raiola were piping up all the time about how he needed to be playing for a bigger club.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ole made some mistakes but selling him was never one. He came after the 2018 wc overweight, trained wearing a anderlecht jersey and flirting with italian league. The guy is a problem for any club. Glad he is not our problem.
Ole sold him so Greenwood had space to grow. Right decision.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

He actually said he wanted to go to Real, Barca or Bayern, but once he knew Chelsea were involved he wanted to go to them, he also called Chelsea his favourite club, but that got glossed over,

He said he'd like to return to Inter one day, not a huge amount wrong with that, he said he loved Milan and Inter helped him rebuild after United, again that's got glossed over.

Says Tuchel is working on getting the best out of Lukaku and saying the change of tactics hasn't brought out the best on him yet, he also goes on to say they are working together to find a way forward, again, this is glossed over.

So yeah, other than people cherry picking what they want to hear from the interview, a totally normal interview with a player.

cyberman

He actually said he wanted to go to Real, Barca or Bayern, but once he knew Chelsea were involved he wanted to go to them, he also called Chelsea his favourite club, but that got glossed over,

He said he'd like to return to Inter one day, not a huge amount wrong with that, he said he loved Milan and Inter helped him rebuild after United, again that's got glossed over.

Says Tuchel is working on getting the best out of Lukaku and saying the change of tactics hasn't brought out the best on him yet, he also goes on to say they are working together to find a way forward, again, this is glossed over.

So yeah, other than people cherry picking what they want to hear from the interview, a totally normal interview with a player.
Literally said he wanted to stay at Milan if they bowed to his request of a new contract.
The question is why are you cherry picking quotes to post?!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

You’re doing the same thing.

RUCK4444

He has some ego this one. He acts like everybody should be kissing his backside for being so good.

Imo he’s not really good enough to play for clubs like United or Chelsea, he will score you goals against lesser sides but he’s limited technically and basically a flat track bully.

Would be a good sub player for impact but he’d never accept that as he clearly thinks he’s R9 reincarnated and that Chelsea should build their entire tactical approach around his needs.

eire-red

I don't think he has the mentality to deal with the scrutiny at a top club in the PL. He thinks he's better than he is, and can't deal with the criticism he gets when he doesn't deliver against bigger clubs.

Was never too worried when Chelsea announced him, and never thought it was a mistake selling him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Literally said he wanted to stay at Milan if they bowed to his request of a new contract.
The question is why are you cherry picking quotes to post?!
I'm not, I'm stating what he actually said.

A player wants a new contract, the club can't afford it so he wants to leave, he implored Inter to sell him, happens all the time.
He could have stayed, but Chelsea came in for him, which he wanted to go to as he said they are his favourite club.

Also, convenient that people also glossed over the fact he turned down City because he wanted to repay Inter.

Swings and roundabouts eh!!

cyberman

I'm not, I'm stating what he actually said.

A player wants a new contract, the club can't afford it so he wants to leave, he implored Inter to sell him, happens all the time.
He could have stayed, but Chelsea came in for him, which he wanted to go to as he said they are his favourite club.

Also, convenient that people also glossed over the fact he turned down City because he wanted to repay Inter.

Swings and roundabouts eh!!
So he wanted to stay at Inter but left for the money. That’s literally what he said. He also joined Chelsea because his 3 first choices didn’t come near him.
It’s a weird defence, I’ll give you that

Brophs

The One and Only
Something of nothing. He'll be back giving overhead thumbs ups and over-enthusiastically clapping overhit passes by the Chelsea midfield within a week.

Gandalf

Literally said no need for Martinez to move because he will be back at Inter soon, literally stated he would not be in London if Inter had given in to his demand for a new contract and openly stated he dreams of Barca, RM or Bayern but knowing they were not interested he elected to move to Chelsea which was hardly a choice as nobody else was bidding for him. If you think that is normal and shows appropriate respect to his employers then I would respectfully disagree.

copen1945

Apparently he arranged the whole thing himself and his PR people found out the same time Chelsea did which was when Romano started chucking segments of it onto Twitter.
Yikes. Don't players' contract usually state that the clubs must be at least consulted with these interviews? Anyway, I am hoping for an implosion and having Chelsea dragged back to the fourth spot race.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Deserves its own thread really. Staggering to come out with these comments.