Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Devil’s Trident

So let’s me get this right.

He acknowledges and thanks Inter for saving his career but demanded a new contract with years remaining on his current one knowing fully well inter are skint.

Leaves inter after not getting more money and moves to Chelsea, who pays £100m for him and gives him huge wages. It’s also the club he dreamt of as a boy after dreaming of a move to Real, Barca, Bayern post inter because he considers them 3 the really big clubs belittling inter and Chelsea in the process.

6 months after joining the boyhood club Chelsea he arranges an interview himself without the knowledge of the club and his own people and criticises his current manager’s tactics. He also shows a total disrespect to Chelsea, it’s fans , Roman who paid a fortune to sign him as he talks about going back to inter, how wonderful they are how beautiful milan is and how he misses Lautaro and how he will be back again in his pomp whilst calling inter fans the best fans in the world and indirectly shits on the chelsea fans who have sung his name from day 1.

Is there anyone more thick more thin skinned more precious more deluded and more entitled than this idiot ?

MattofManchester

He has this weird delusion of his own self-importance.

Barely over 2 years at Inter and acting as if he's an established legend for them who left after a long, loyal spell. They've had far bigger players in their history leave the club, so I doubt they give even half a feck that you left.

Tarrou

his ego must have taken an absolute hammering from this, especially after the Inter fans shat on him

MattofManchester

his ego must have taken an absolute hammering from this, especially after the Inter fans shat on him
Nah, next interview he'll probably come out and say how ungrateful they are for not respecting how amazing a footballer he is and how his brilliant finger pointing skills took them to a league trophy

arnie_ni

ok so he has tied himself up in knots for no reason and its all his own doing, quality :lol:
They'd probably have sold him regardless in fairness because of the eventual offer and their money problems but he asked for a new contract when he had about 3 years left

tomaldinho1

He’s pissed off Chelsea fans, Inter fans don’t like him, United fans all think he’s average…maybe his next press conference will be about his love for Everton and the best fans in the world?

redshaw

Wow I thought Inter had to sell him. So he could've stayed at his beloved Inter on the contract he signed not long before but asked for more money and they called his bluff and said you can go then.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You can still be dumb and smart. Dumb possibly isn't the correct word right enough.
He's done this everywhere He's went and even leaked our private training inf , he just definitely has self esteem problems, can't take criticism compared to how he dishes it out

There's decent chance that he isn't dumb as in having a low iq

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I almost feel sorry for him. He must've thought "I'll do this interview in Italian so the Inter fans won't hate me anymore but the Chelsea fans won't care".

I'm trying to think of a time I made as big an error of judgement. Maybe back in 1995 when I spent all my savings on a Sega Saturn instead of a PS1.

Robertd0803

I'm trying to think of a time I made as big an error of judgement. Maybe back in 1995 when I spent all my savings on a Sega Saturn instead of a PS1.
I was going to do the same when my parents went to the shop to find out about it and the guy in the shop told then the Saturn was rubbish and on the way out, so they insisted I get the PS instead.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh! Thanks for the info.
I think he’s been running through agency’s as quick as clubs, mind. He was with Raiola before he joined us; Roc Nation Sports for a while when he wee our player; and now he’s with a guy called Federico Pastorello.

Loyalty isn’t the first word that comes to mind when you think of big Rom!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
ok so he has tied himself up in knots for no reason and its all his own doing, quality :lol:
I think his heart has always been to stay at inter and leaving inter was never his intention but inter forced him to leave since they had financial issue.

Pughnichi

Lukaku:
Inter have top directors but their fans are truly the best in the world. It hurt me that Inter said no to my extension, I would have stayed 100%. I watch all their matches. All of them. It is really like that when Inter touch you
how is he watching all Inter games is what I want to know? Can only assume he has a dodgy box…naughty boy

Pintu

how is he watching all Inter games is what I want to know? Can only assume he has a dodgy box…naughty boy
BT sport maybe. He said he was still in touch with players.

You can still be dumb and smart. Dumb possibly isn't the correct word right enough.
He actually speaks at least 8 languages according to Uefa's list, and they didn't include Lingala. How can one be "dumb" and "smart" at the same time?

The dumb thing is to believe that a player upon signing a huge contract with a club is automatically going to forget friends and bury all the emotions and feelings he's developed in the previous years.

Fans expecting players to love their clubs unconditionally are beyond delusional.

Not sure what he was even trying to achieve there
Maybe he was not trying to acheive anything special. Just speaking his mind and answering the questions asked of him truthfully.

arnie_ni

BT sport maybe. He said he was still in touch with players.

He actually speaks at least 8 languages according to Uefa's list, and they didn't include Lingala. How can one be "dumb" and "smart" at the same time?

The dumb thing is to believe that a player upon signing a huge contract with a club is automatically going to forget friends and bury all the emotions and feelings he's developed in the previous years.

Fans expecting players to love their clubs unconditionally are beyond delusional.

Maybe he was not trying to acheive anything special. Just speaking his mind and answering the questions asked of him truthfully.
Hes clearly smart. He's also an idiot.

I'm not sure what the correct adjective is that I'm looking for. He's got zero common sense, otherwise he wouldn't have said the things he said.

And on your last point. Lukaku set the interview up himself so he was trying to achieve something.

RUCK4444

Hes clearly smart. He's also an idiot.

I'm not sure what the correct adjective is that I'm looking for. He's got zero common sense, otherwise he wouldn't have said the things he said.

And on your last point. Lukaku set the interview up himself so he was trying to achieve something.
He sometimes wears glasses and a backpack, he’s smart alright.

He speaks more languages than goals scored this season.

InfiniteBoredom

Being linguistically gifted doesn’t equal having the emotional intelligence to be tactful, or be self-aware.

He’s a clearly driven individual, he’s also thin skinned and a bit of a tit due to it. Someone with common sense wouldn’t do this interview, or released performance result like the Shaw speed test.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I almost feel sorry for him. He must've thought "I'll do this interview in Italian so the Inter fans won't hate me anymore but the Chelsea fans won't care".

Not as big an error of judgement as a school mate of mine, who bought my Saturn so I could buy a new PS1.

Rex Banner

All of this has reminded me of the time he leaked training data on Twitter because he was upset about being called fat. Good player but he's a fecking clown.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel won't play him will he? Seems pretty pissed
Well, dropping him after 3 goals in 4 games would create more unnecessary noise, which Tuchel himself said was unhelpful. Havertz was sat on the bench in the last game though, so who knows.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well, dropping him after 3 goals in 4 games would create more unnecessary noise, which Tuchel himself said was unhelpful. Havertz was sat on the bench in the last game though, so who knows.
He's just a dick though isn't he. Causes issues for no reason.

SAFMUTD

Funny thing is he tried to make it look as if he loves Inter and it wasn't his fault leaving them but at the same time he also mentioned that he wanted a new contract when he still had 3 years on his current one and he left because they didn't gave him one.

He ended up pissing both sides, really stupid in all honesty. I don't know what goes through his head, how does he expected this to develop?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's just a dick though isn't he. Causes issues for no reason.
It certainly wasn't the best decision he's ever made. Inter fans, who he was trying to placate, still want nothing to do with him, and the Chelsea fans are now looking at him sideways, so the whole thing has backfired on him completely, which some might call poetic justice.