Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Stacks

Yep. I'm kind of glad Lukaku joined that list as it looked like I just hated Argentinians. :lol:

I won't hold any ill will for Pogba, not unless he obviously stops trying or regularly shit-talks us after he leaves (I don't expect either). It just didn't work out.
Was gonna comment but didn't want to offend. Pogba has a boyish innocence about him and seems like a genuinely nice dude. Its just his agent.

Gasolin

But I don't get it, Sanchez put a nice header but the keeper was on it anyway, and if Lukaku even tries to lower his stance, the goal, if it happened, would be ruled out for obstruction, no?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That'd better shut up after their pathetic display at the end of the match.
It’s so disappointing how many football clubs have Twitter accounts who post cringey heat-of-the-moment tweets like that for a few double digit thousand interactions. Banter has and always will be a part of the game, but it really rubs me the wrong way when actual football accounts do it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The problem here is that Lukaku seems to be very sensitive and I suspect that he has seeked and watched all of the things said about him in the last few days. Hopefully, he understands that it's not that important and isn't affected by it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The problem here is that Lukaku seems to be very sensitive and I suspect that he has seeked and watched all of the things said about him in the last few days. Hopefully, he understands that it's not that important and isn't affected by it.
He won't though and that's why I enjoy about him doing clownish things.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is there any player in recent history that compares with Lukaku in scoring so many goals yet being thought of by so many people as a pretty poor player?

JPRouve

Scout
Is there any player in recent history that compares with Lukaku in scoring so many goals yet being thought of by so many people as a pretty poor player?
I think that it's a misconception. When you push people most will tell you that he is a pretty good goalscorer, the issue is that he runs his mouth way too much and his fans are also way too noisy for someone that is basically the belgian Immobile.

NotThatSoph

I think that it's a misconception. When you push people most will tell you that he is a pretty good goalscorer, the issue is that he runs his mouth way too much and his fans are also way too noisy for someone that is basically the belgian Immobile.
I really don't think that's true. His latest statement that he's a top 5 striker is by far his most boastful statement, and it's not an outragous one at all, at least not when considering that most elite sportsmen have a lot of belief in themselves. And he doesn't really have any fans, so that can't be it.

JPRouve

Scout
I really don't think that's true. His latest statement that he's a top 5 striker is by far his most boastful statement, and it's not an outragous one at all, at least not when considering that most elite sportsmen have a lot of belief in themselves. And he doesn't really have any fans, so that can't be it.
You are fooling no one. :D

perhaps if he watched his mouth, people wouldn’t laugh at him so much. This is all his own doing.

be a grown ass man etc etc.

NotThatSoph

You are fooling no one. :D
I mean, I think he's very good and that it's unforunate it didn't work out here. I'm not convinced the sale was a good idea, at least not handled correctly, but the price was great and now that he's gone I don't want him back. He also wasn't one of the strikers I wanted United to go for when he got here.

In the context of this thread it makes me one of his biggest fans, but that's making my point and not yours.

Web of Bissaka

Why do fans keep mocking a former player like this? Has he upset some of you in any ways?
When said player made comments criticizing the club and being delusional, such as consistently blaming other people, not himself even if he himself is at fault. There are also reports of him refusing to attend our pre-season trainings(?) even if at that time, he is still under contract. His huge ego too thinking he's a top top player. His questionable fitness too is questionable. Overall, you have to ask question about his professionalism. He's just an unlikable player because of those. Such as shame considering how good he is in getting goals at the end of the day, it totaled up to a high goals end of season. It's like lost of opportunity seeing him like this. Could've improve more if he's really aware of himself.

:drool: He clearly has upset some of us.

Web of Bissaka

That’s great. Feck the no banter rule some have declared
Agreed.
Though classy banter post/tweet is still far better than that direct banter tweet. There should be small sense of professionalism and respect if clubs really want to banter officially. I mean, it's like our club once made that Juventus article for the upcoming CL game vs them in 18/19 (?) clearly stating their past corruptions :angel: that sure ended up "well". Whoever decided to put that in sure want to banter Juve. It's not classy and is more being blatantly disrespectful than playing a good banter exchange game.

RuudtheRed

He's like a slightly better Nicklas Bendnter with the ego to match. I'm glad we no longer have him as our main striker with his first touches akin to goal kicks

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
He's like a slightly better Nicklas Bendnter with the ego to match. I'm glad we no longer have him as our main striker with his first touches akin to goal kicks
Forgot all about Bendnter! He was a massive bellend, and talked some proper bollocks. If he was still relevant he would have his own thread for sure.