Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Fracture90

Played for Chelsea, Man United & Inter Milan. Transferred for a total of about £190 million. Last thing he won was the Belgian League in in 09/10.

Madness!
Yeah, seen that piece of info on reddit. It's quite something.

Twingatz

To be fair Juve were really in for him at one point. If he had landed up there he'd have won the league. He's had a terrific season with 35 goals or whatever it is. I agree he's a limited player but he can still play a big part in a title challenge. Doubt that title challenge will happen at Inter. If Conte leaves he's going to feel a bit hard done by :lol:

I think he can win a title at Inter. Juve has gotten significantly weaker and are getting an unproven manager. If Conte Stays he will have a good chance of winning the Scudetto. If Lautaro stays and Inter get some good defenders and midfielders or give Eriksen a real go they should do well.

Paul_Scholes18

Is Martial back to being better than Lukaku now?
Lukaku still scored many more goals in the Europa league.
Even more if you add into your own net.

23 vs 35 goals scored I think overall. Massive difference too.
Although Inter got better service than what we have I think. At least pre Bruno.

Last edited:

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
He was throwing Shaw under the bus by showing how he did on a running test while injured? Everyone knows that Shaw is fast. Did you suddenly start thinking that he's slow, or do you think his opponents did? That's the absurd part.
This was at the thought of people wanting shaw out because he was fat. Don't be revisionist as shaw himself was clearly pissed off by it

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He was throwing Shaw under the bus by showing how he did on a running test while injured? Everyone knows that Shaw is fast. Did you suddenly start thinking that he's slow, or do you think his opponents did? That's the absurd part.
That wasnt the purpose. Replace shaw with anyone and itd be the same issue. Lukaku was just trying to convince us hes actually one of the best in training. Theres too much of the wrong kind of emphasis on shaw here.

That wasnt the purpose. Replace shaw with anyone and itd be the same issue. Lukaku was just trying to convince us hes actually one of the best in training. Theres too much of the wrong kind of emphasis on shaw here.
You are right. Doesn’t matter the purpose. He saw everyone else as collateral damage. It didn’t matter who was at the bottom, just as long as he was shown as the top.

Just what you need in a team mate.

Selfish prick.

NotThatSoph

This was at the thought of people wanting shaw out because he was fat. Don't be revisionist as shaw himself was clearly pissed off by it
Seems like they're all joking around to me.
Months later he's joking around with Lukaku on Twitter again.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can't blame him for not wanting a Europa League losers medal.
Should have scored when put through then, its disrespectful to the competition and unsportsmanlike. Collect your medal and don't be a sore loser, give it away later if you don't want it.
Overall he has had a very good season.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Seems like they're all joking around to me.
Months later he's joking around with Lukaku on Twitter again.
Yes, shaw is joking there but its not a light hearted haha joke. Thats why he posted the eyes emoji.

NotThatSoph

Yes, shaw is joking there but its not a light hearted haha joke. Thats why he posted the eyes emoji.
Come on. Mata is laughing about being faster than Shaw because he clearly isn't. Lukaku is laughing and tagging Shaw about how Mata called him out because, again, it's ridiculous. Everyone knows that Shaw is fast and that Mata is slow, that's why it's funny.

Then Shaw replies with "don't let me start speaking on you boy" and you think he's actually mad because ... eyes? This is clearly crazy, it's worse than the body language experts.

Paul_Scholes18

Is the point about Shaw to make out that Lukaku is a poor teammate?
I don't think it really holds and we do not know enough how they feel about each other.

clarkydaz

I don't think it really holds and we do not know enough how they feel about each other.
Lukaku was getting stick for being overweight, so he compared himself to Shaw who of course has fitness issues. In the results Shaw was supposedly injured and being told not to run full pelt.
The 2nd tweet shaw is taking the piss Lukaku dropped out of CL back to Europa

DarkLord

The amount of hate and mockering he gets on here is funny. He might not be rated but he still score a shitload of goals. Let's not forget he was the star in our comeback against PSG.

MalcolmTucker

Nope Lukaku still scored many more goals in the Europa league.
Even more if you add into your own net.

23 vs 35 goals scored I think overall. Massive difference too.
Although Inter got better service than what we have I think. At least pre Bruno.
You still insist Lukaku is better than Martial :lol:

If Lukaku is better than Martial, how come Martial scored more league goals this season than Lukaku ever did for us and matched his goal to minute ratio in all competitions, including his 27 goal season?

And that's just goals, let's not get into their records vs. the top 6, their assist records and their actual ability because Martial is head and shoulders above Lukaku.

Lukaku didn't score against the top 4 in Italy too btw.

NotThatSoph

Lukaku was getting stick for being overweight, so he compared himself to Shaw who of course has fitness issues. In the results Shaw was supposedly injured and being told not to run full pelt.
The 2nd tweet shaw is taking the piss Lukaku dropped out of CL back to Europa
I was not aware that he compared himself with Shaw, what more than share the list did he do?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not a single player wished him after his move.

Paul_Scholes18

You still insist Lukaku is better than Martial :lol:

If Lukaku is better than Martial, how come Martial scored more league goals this season than Lukaku ever did for us and matched his goal to minute ratio in all competitions, including his 27 goal season?

And that's just goals, let's not get into their records vs. the top 6, their assist records and their actual ability because Martial is head and shoulders above Lukaku.

Lukaku didn't score against the top 4 in Italy too btw.
I would rather have Martial so let's get that clear. Wanted to keep both though.

Just Lukaku had an overall better season in terms of scoring goals.

MalcolmTucker

I would rather have Martial so let's get that clear. Wanted to keep both though.

Just Lukaku had an overall better season in terms of scoring goals.
Well the original post was ' Is Martial back to being better than Lukaku now?' and you replied nope.

Thanks for clearing up who scored more goals this season though.

clarkydaz

I was not aware that he compared himself with Shaw, what more than share the list did he do?
Maybe not Shaw directly but he ended up being the talking point out of it. Either way that was the clubs information and he had no business posting it, especially after having left the club

Paul_Scholes18

Well the original post was ' Is Martial back to being better than Lukaku now?' and you replied nope.

Thanks for clearing up who scored more goals this season though.
Yeah I should not have said nope so I edit the post. Overall Martial is the better player, but Lukaku the better goalscorer.

NotThatSoph

Maybe not Shaw directly but he ended up being the talking point out of it. Either way that was the clubs information and he had no business posting it, especially after having left the club
The talking point was Lukaku sharing an internal list and being made to take it down. I can't remember Shaw being a talking point at all other than his joke being mentioned. He shouldn't have shared the list, but it contained nothing secret or anything people with eyes didn't already know. It's a total non-issue.

He was still at the club, he left a week after.

MalcolmTucker

Yeah I should not have said nope so I edit the post. Overall Martial is the better player, but Lukaku the better goalscorer.
Injuries permitting, I think we'll see Martial score more goals next season than Lukaku ever managed when he was in England.

clarkydaz

The talking point was Lukaku sharing an internal list and being made to take it down. I can't remember Shaw being a talking point at all other than his joke being mentioned. He shouldn't have shared the list, but it contained nothing secret or anything people with eyes didn't already know. It's a total non-issue.

He was still at the club, he left a week after.
He was training in another country with Anderlecht, he knew he was gone. If he was made to take it down then it was clearly an issue

Canagel

Can't blame him for not wanting a Europa League losers medal.
He hasn't won anything in his career. Acting all entitled to a winner's medal is funny especially when said player was directly the reason for losing

NotThatSoph

He was training in another country with Anderlecht, he knew he was gone. If he was made to take it down then it was clearly an issue
Sure, he knew he was on his way out, just a technicality. He was told to take it down because it was an internal test, that doesn't mean that it was a big deal. It's a principle, probably policy. If he shared a video from a closed training session he would also have been made to take it down, but if the video was of him heading a ball or something equally benign that would be a non-issue as well.

He shouldn't have done it, it's not professional. Being five minutes late to training is also unprofessional, and about as bad.

Paul_Scholes18

Injuries permitting, I think we'll see Martial score more goals next season than Lukaku ever managed when he was in England.
Let's hope so, but I don't think he will score much more than 20. In the cups I expect him to be rotated.
In CL I can see us struggle big time sadly against the top 2 teams.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Equalled R9 scoring record. Even his stepovers brings tears of nostaligia of R9 to my eyes :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Nor have I. A Europe League losers medal would be of no interest to me either.
Doesn’t matter. You still go and collect the medal. I’m sure they all end up in the bottom of a sock drawer, yet it’s only Lukaku who decides he’s better than everyone else, and doesn’t collect it. Pathetic behaviour.

Let's hope so, but I don't think he will score much more than 20. In the cups I expect him to be rotated.
In CL I can see us struggle big time sadly against the top 2 teams.
Martial has already scored more league goals than Lukaku who got 16, and then 12. As per usual he pads his goals. That’s poor when he was the focal point of the attack, we now share the goals far more and Martial still outscores him in the league.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Doesn’t matter. You still go and collect the medal. I’m sure they all end up in the bottom of a sock drawer, yet it’s only Lukaku who decides he’s better than everyone else, and doesn’t collect it. Pathetic behaviour.
It would be a good gesture to collect it and later give it to a supporter. I imagine any Inter-mad kid would be thrilled to have it.