Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Tells us a lot about the quality of serie A , even the bottom feeder could beat anyone else. Let's not forget that ,Moh Salah, came from Serie A , absolutely thrashing EPL when he cameback here.He wasn't even half the player at serie A.
Do you even watch Serie A? Oh you're doing the Who played game? Yes let's not forget Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Maradona...
Mate do you realize Serie A is barely a top 4 league nowadays?

432JuanMata

Do you even watch Serie A? Oh you're doing the Who played game? Yes let's not forget Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Maradona...
Mate do you realize Serie A is barely a top 4 league nowadays?
I watch Serie A a lot and what is wrong with being 4th best league probably in the world ?. Yes it’s not premier league standard which is understandable but it’s still high level. Most PL fans slag other leagues(German league is trash thread) yet don’t realise huddersfield last season who finished bottom and where awful got more tv money than Bayern Munich.
PL teams should be always winning or in final of the CL every year

432JuanMata

Well not all-rounder in the sense that Rooney was, but as a striker. He is massive but with loads of pace and can score form anywhere in the box any angle, and is also great with his back against the defence.
I agree with most except the back to goal that is what happened here Mourinho brought him in and try to make him his Drogba, he is a way better goal scorer than Drogba(by a good bit look it up) but for his size was bullied too much by defenders for my liking. His hold up play for his size was average.

GifLord

I watch Serie A a lot and what is wrong with being 4th best league probably in the world ?. Yes it’s not premier league standard which is understandable but it’s still high level. Most PL fans slag other leagues(German league is trash thread) yet don’t realise huddersfield last season who finished bottom and where awful got more tv money than Bayern Munich.
PL teams should be always winning or in final of the CL every year
EPL teams are way more competitive in the UCL.
As for how shit the Serie A teams have become.
in the 2000s on average 2.8 teams qualified for the next GS/KO round
In 2010s only 2.1 teams on average qualified for the KO rounds.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Depends if you mean a striker as pure goal scorer or all round ? He is a awesome goal scorer always was and still is but all round he is hit and miss.
The one thing I hate is that he scored more goals in his first season here than either Martial or Rashford last season yet they were giving praise. The stick to beat him is his 2nd season here but the whole team and mainly the manager was in meltdown
The main reason he scored more was because he got 5 goals in the FA Cup, a competition both Martial and Rashford only started two games in last season. They both outscored him in the league (despite playing a couple of games less). He did get 5 in the CL, although it has to be noted that the opposition he scored against wasn't much better than the teams Martial scored 4 against in the Europa last season in less games. Rashford did only got the one though.

There was a fair bit of cautious optimism about Lukaku after his first season. He'd actually been quite good in the first half of that season (even in November I think he won our player of the month despite barely scoring), and although the second half of the season was a bit of a let-down he'd shown enough that I think most people were hopeful of things to come. Then the disgraceful second season happened. Yes the team and manager were struggling, but the fact he managed to be by far the worst performing player (honestly it wasn't even close) in a poorly performing team says it all.

Martial is getting all kinds of abuse for his start to this season, yet I don't think he's been as bad as Lukaku was in 18/19 plus we're only two months in.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Well not all-rounder in the sense that Rooney was, but as a striker. He is massive but with loads of pace and can score form anywhere in the box any angle, and is also great with his back against the defence.
He was terrible with his back to the defence. Particularly for his size (I've never seen a player so bad at actually using his size advantage), but even ignoring that and comparing him to normal strikers he was poor. I'd actually take Martial's hold up play over Lukaku. Martial is inconsistent at it but he at least does have good days where he hurts the opposition with his ability to hold off the defenders and either lay the ball off for our other players or roll them himself and take the ball forward. I remember Lukaku having one game where he did it really well and I was amazed that he actually had it in him as it was the first time he'd done it for us.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
2.0, 2.8.. meh. With statistics, you can prove anything - even its opposite we say in Italy. For example:

UEFA Champions League matches between english teams and italian ones, since 2015:

2015/16
Manchester City Juventus 1-2 0-1
2016/17
-
2017/18
Chelsea Roma 3-3 0-3
Manchester City Napoli 2-1 4-2
Juventus-Tottenham 2-2 2-1
2018/19
Inter Tottenham 2-1 0-1
Napoli Liverpool 1-0 0-1
Manchester United Juventus 0-1 2-1
2019/20
Manchester City Atalanta 5-1 1-1
Napoli Liverpool 2-0 1-1
2020/21
Atalanta Liverpool 0-5 2-0

Serie A against Premier League: W 9, D 4, L 7.
Haters will always use statistics to hate and vice versa

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Best 5 strikers is pretty tricky right now going by the last year.

I say Kane, Lewandowski, Haaland are sure bets.

Then you have Mbappe(if counts), Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku behind.

Then big ifs, but with decent form in Immobile, Felix, Calvert Lewin, Vardy, Werner.

abundance

Supports
Inter
"Tactically, in terms of my positioning and my movements, I can't be wrong. Never."
Poor boy did he really said that?!? @_@

NotThatSoph

"Tactically, in terms of my positioning and my movements, I can't be wrong. Never."
Poor boy did he really said that?!? @_@
No, he said he can't afford be be wrong. «Tactiquement, au niveau de mon positionnement et de mes mouvements, je ne dois pas me tromper. Jamais»

Teja

This place is obsessed with Lukaku. Just give it a rest guys, no need to bump for every goal / public comment he makes :lol:

stevoc

This place is obsessed with Lukaku. Just give it a rest guys, no need to bump for every goal / public comment he makes :lol:
Yes too right, let's not discuss Lukaku in a thread about Lukaku, located on an Internet forum designed to discuss various football related topics.

Stacks

Then big ifs, but with decent form in Immobile, Felix, Calvert Lewin, Vardy, Werner.
You will never see me place Rom above Aguero. EVER. What the hell has Calvert Lewin done and why are there no La Liga candidates? Is Benzema retired?
Yes too right, let's not discuss Lukaku in a thread about Lukaku, located on an Internet forum designed to discuss various football related topics.
The next time someone posts in this thread about Lukaku I think the mods should lock the damn thing

Paul_Scholes18

You will never see me place Rom above Aguero. EVER. What the hell has Calvert Lewin done and why are there no La Liga candidates? Is Benzema retired?

The next time someone posts in this thread about Lukaku I think the mods should lock the damn thing
Aguero has been injured most of the time. Benzema has not been great this season. Although he did fine this summer so should maybe mention him.

Lewin is top scorer in the PL so deserves mention I think. Granted apart from scoring goals he is not doing much more. He is a bit like Lukaku in that way, but even more so.

Stacks

Aguero has been injured most of the time. Benzema has not been great this season. Although he did fine this summer so should maybe mention him.

Lewin is top scorer in the PL so deserves mention I think. Granted apart from scoring goals he is not doing much more. He is a bit like Lukaku in that way, but even more so.
Ahh ok so it is based off the initial 10 or so games this season? I like to look more long term and Benzema was capable of being Madrid lead striker/scorer in a title win last year. Can't see that happening with Rom. Aguero will always have the juice. Scored 23 goals in 2100 mins last season.

Paul_Scholes18

Ahh ok so it is based off the initial 10 or so games this season? I like to look more long term and Benzema was capable of being Madrid lead striker/scorer in a title win last year. Can't see that happening with Rom. Aguero will always have the juice. Scored 23 goals in 2100 mins last season.
Well I based it on this year or recent times mostly. Long term though Benzema and Aguero should be up with the best. Maybe Aubameyang too although he plays on the wing a lot.

stevoc

Big time and the scum bags would only have themselves to blame. Personally I don’t think football should even be allowed to be discussed in this section of the forum which seems to be erroneously titled the “Football Forum”.

GifLord

Every time he talked big in the media he then fecked up on the field. Disaster class incoming?
Also apparently he signed a new deal with Inter. There was a video circling about him holding a jersey with number #5.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Feckin hell. Most popular sport in the world and that's all? Are we not missing some quality strikers to add to your list?

About 10-12 years ago there was Rooney, Tevez, Torres, Villa, Eto'o, Zlatan, Higuain, Falcao, Aguero, Drogba, Milito, Suarez, Cavani.

All of them either at their peak or shortly before entering their prime years.

Paul_Scholes18

Feckin hell. Most popular sport in the world and that's all? Are we not missing some quality strikers to add to your list?

About 10-12 years ago there was Rooney, Tevez, Torres, Villa, Eto'o, Zlatan, Higuain, Falcao, Aguero, Drogba, Milito, Suarez, Cavani.

Maybe I am missing someone? I was thinking last year mainly.

I think Firmino, Aguero, Benzema could be on the list, but they have not had the best year. Injuries the reason for Aguero and for Benzema a bit as well.
Suarez not at his best either anymore. Morata doing well for Juventus so maybe should add him?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Now we have Lewandowski, Cristiano, Messi, Mbappé, Haaland, Kane, Salah, Mane, Son, Zlatan, Aguero, Lukaku, Vardy, Immobile, Lautaro, Joao Felix, Rashford, Werner....

Stacks

There is going to be a Pogba thread just like this next year.
After every clip of a goal, assist, piece of skill or nice pass I will be constantly reminded on twitter of how United failed Pogba and this is what he can really do, almost as if I'd never seen any of this whilst he was here. These clips will prove he is and always was the best midfielder in the world and those championing him will not watch entire games to analyse his general play, depending on what league he goes to.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
After every clip of a goal, assist, piece of skill or nice pass I will be constantly reminded on twitter of how United failed Pogba and this is what he can really do, almost as if I'd never seen any of this whilst he was here. These clips will prove he is and always was the best midfielder in the world and those championing him will not watch entire games to analyse his general play, depending on what league he goes to.
That's not what's happening with Lukaku, he is a top striker just didn't work out for him here like it didn't for other top players, Veron, Forlan, Lukaku, Falcao, Di Maria etc..

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There is going to be a Pogba thread just like this next year.
Was thinking this. I don’t think it’ll have people laughing at him doing bad, but there will be loads of fawning over a single pass or a goal, or throwing pass completion stats in our face with no intention of looking at the bigger picture

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Now we have Lewandowski, Cristiano, Messi, Mbappé, Haaland, Kane, Salah, Mane, Son, Zlatan, Aguero, Lukaku, Vardy, Immobile, Lautaro, Joao Felix, Rashford, Werner....
Would you classify Mane, Son, Mbappe, Salah as strikers?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another huge moment in a big European game. Blocked Sanchez's goalbound header in the 89th minute.