Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Can we report them for fraud? :lol:

We paid them £97M two years ago and for one of those years he was back playing for them on loan and now they’re trying to sign him back for like 10% of the original fee. Lukaku gave that stupid interview about wanting to go back to Inter literally 3 months after signing a 5 year deal. He wanted the big contract but there’s zero chance he ever wanted to actually play for Chelsea. This is collusion. The feckers have been plotting and scheming against us from the beginning.
Yeah, I too am absolutely convinced these cnuts planned it from the start.

The money was simply too good for Inter to turn down so they came up with a scheme where Lukaku would throw his toys out of the pram and he'd be back at Inter sooner rather than later, completely fecking over Chelsea but benefiting the other two parties financially. The infamous Sky Italia interview pretty much gave it away instantly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

The money was simply too good for Inter to turn down so they came up with a scheme where Lukaku would throw his toys out of the pram and he'd be back at Inter sooner rather than later, completely fecking over Chelsea but benefiting the other two parties financially. The infamous Sky Italia interview pretty much gave it away instantly.
I’m mostly joking to be fair but it’s damn frustrating that we’re in this situation. Lukaku 100% manipulated his way out of the club. He never wanted to be here but he wanted the money.

Given that they want Lukaku so much, and we clearly need a GK, I’m very annoyed that we didn’t at least try to leverage our way into that Onana conversation.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it's infuriating - especially because personally I bought into all the bullshit (re-signing him 10 years after he first signed, him destroying Arsenal early on, the fecking awesome twitter video with Public Service Announcement off The Black Album behind it, etc).

EDIT: This one - this was fecking sick, I was so hyped:
I honestly wasn’t at all. I probably talked myself into thinking it’s a good transfer for us once it was clear he was coming but I disliked the move from the beginning of the rumours. Totally the wrong profile for the team we had at the time.

Lee565

I don't understand why inter would want to sign him on permanent basis as reports suggest would be the only way inter can have him back at the club next season, he's going downhill and got shown up by dzeko and inter are not loaded and would be better off trying unearth another young talent like martinez or a good serie a striker on the cheap like they did with dzeko instead of wasting money and wages on lukaku who has form for struggling with fitness

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I don't think he did tbh. Lukaku has a history of shying away when the going gets tough.

He probably came back deluding himself that all of his flaws that crippled his first spell in England are now gone and he's going to comeback and dominate the league only months in to find out that's a)not true and b) the team were better without him in it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I honestly wasn’t at all. I probably talked myself into thinking it’s a good transfer for us once it was clear he was coming but I disliked the move from the beginning of the rumours. Totally the wrong profile for the team we had at the time.
Yeah I tried to convince myself aswell, but it was as quickly as the second half at Anfield where the scales fell from my eyes :lol:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Personally disagree - if had been willing to run in behind and create space between the lines, it absolutely could have worked. From a pressing perspective less so, but in a team expected to push on and dominate games more I'd be lying if I tried to claim now that I didn't think it made sense.

Giggsy13

Is there a worst player in history who’s gone for the fees that Lukaku has? All the funnier when you realize inter still owes us on the Lukaku fee yet Inter are trying again on a permanent deal.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Inter apparently has a bid rejected. It must have been a crazy low offer like less than £20M or something because I can’t imagine Chelsea wanting anything other than getting rid of this guy.

Do remember how big he was gassed up when he joined Chelsea as if it was prime R9 coming to the league.

I recall the Sky pundits creaming over his tap in versus Arsenal as if he had destroyed them. The hyperbole was amazing.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Lots of people, including Chelsea fans (I'm not saying you, I obviously have no idea) and pundits, were making this out as being the missing piece of the puzzle that would push Chelsea to another level, and were hyping up his early performances to no end.

Oranges038

Is there a worst player in history who’s gone for the fees that Lukaku has? All the funnier when you realize inter still owes us on the Lukaku fee yet Inter are trying again on a permanent deal.
Do Chelsea still owe Inter money for him as well?

That would be even funnier.

Cloud7

It was a year long deal with an "obligatory" purchase option that wasn't actually obligatory and was based on appearances, goals, etc. Inter tried to essentially get him on loan without a fee and were rightly told to do one - what is concerning is that both Inter and Lukaku seem intent on doing everything possible to destroy any leverage Chelsea can drum up.
Italian clubs are a menace :lol:

Oranges038

Read somewhere we paid inter 96 mn. Dont know its true or not but read it somewhere.
Just did a quick google search, apparently Chelsea do still owe Inter money. How much, it doesn't say.

But if Inter still owe Utd money and Chelsea still owe Inter money. The only fair solution is to send him back to Everton.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Just did a quick google search, apparently Chelsea do still owe Inter money. How much, it doesn't say.
IIRC, Chelsea still has to finish paying the instalments for Lukaku, yet they don't owe anything to Inter - since Inter factored (ie, sold) their credit to some financial firm right after the sale of the player.

Oranges038

IIRC, Chelsea still has to finish paying the instalments for Lukaku, yet they don't owe anything to Inter - since Inter factored (ie, sold) their credit to some financial firm right after the sale of the player.
I didn't know football clubs could do that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess this is more of a straight transfer rather than loan with option to buy the previous one seemed to be.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

gorro

Supports
Werder Bremen
What is he thinking?

All year he says that he only wants to stay at Inter and now after the clubs come to an agreement he basically says ah f this?

Maybe he should consider going to Saudi Arabia instead of staying in Italy

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Let's say he goes to Juve for €35m. That'll make his total transfer fees to €368m. And we know he's going to feck off to SA later, he can get to €400m easily. Or just go to SA now for a stupid money like €70m.

ShoePolish

Juventus wants to cement their Europa league spot for next few years it seems.
Is Lukaku the most convincing con artist in history? How are top clubs still playing hot potato with him, and unable to see it's not a potato, but a turd?
Almost like he needs the famous Falcao cam in games, so people can observe the masterclass in full.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Chelsea should be so annoyed. Bending over backwards to find a solution for him after his, quite frankly, embarrassing behavior after such a big transfer fee, but he dreams of Inter, fair enough.

Loan him back out to try and placate him, and now accepting a lowball offer to help him get back to the place he loves…only for him to decide he wants to go somewhere else.

He has scored a lot of goals, so I am not going to be as harsh about that part as some people are in this thread, but he has done a number on his reputation and image with his attitude.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea should be so annoyed. Bending over backwards to find a solution for him after his, quite frankly, embarrassing behavior after such a big transfer fee, but he dreams of Inter, fair enough.

Loan him back out to try and placate him, and now accepting a lowball offer to help him get back to the place he loves…only for him to decide he wants to go somewhere else.

He has scored a lot of goals, so I am not going to be as harsh about that part as some people are in this thread, but he has done a number on his reputation and image with his attitude.
Hope he goes to whatever team just need to get rid of him. Can't have this discussion with lowballing inter every summer.

redshaw

Lukaku will feel aggrieved by his game time at Inter last season. His preference is Italy really not Inter and doesn't like not playing or being questioned about his performances. Same thing happened at Chelsea and United. He will go where he will be number one without question and if he isn't he will kick up a fuss at Juve like he did at Chelsea.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Managed to annoy the only club that would have happily kept him given how turdy he has been since he left them 2 years ago. Unbelievable.

ayushreddevil9

Morata. What a summer that was, 2017.

ayushreddevil9

Lukaku will feel aggrieved by his game time at Inter last season. His preference is Italy really not Inter and doesn't like not playing or being questioned about his performances. Same thing happened at Chelsea and United. He will go where he will be number one without question and if he isn't he will kick up a fuss at Juve like he did at Chelsea.
Should go to Wrexham then.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
This guy is unreal. :lol:

Never have I seen another player so good at burning bridges with his clubs and their fans wherever he goes by being that much of a self-absorbed little wanker.

Thought we'd finally get a satisfactory conclusion to this boring saga this weekend where everyone gets what they want. We'd get rid of him for good, Inter get a permanent deal for a player they've seemed desperate to keep and the player himself would get to stay at the club whose arse he's been publicly kissing for years but nah, he just had to mess it all up at the last minute because he just can't help being a cnut.

Don't think there are too many Juve fans who would fancy him after all this either?

edit:

According to Matt Law he's also fighting with people in his own entourage too. :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hopefully he ends up back at Chelsea.