Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

Jam

I’m puzzled as to why Chelsea can continue to buy players. Not just the financials and FFP, but also that they can still attract players to their project. Objectively, I’d 100% go to Liverpool over Chelsea right now.
How much longer will Klopp realistically stay at Liverpool for? That’s the question that’s got to be asked, without him they could well fall down to a 10th-5th place club again.

A 19 year old will be looking at Liverpool thinking they’re coming to the end of their period soon, whereas Chelsea look to be at the start of this new era.

Not that it is guaranteed and Chelsea could implode hilariously but they’re seriously investing.

LordSpud

Something seriously dodgy about Chelsea. Even more so than the oil money. If all this outlay is dependent on on-field success then it's very much like Barca with their levers.

Trouble is, I don't see how you just buy a shit load of players and expect it to work. Therefore in a couple of years they will be absolutely fecked.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
as much as I love to laugh at Liverpool, what Chelsea are doing is fecking ridiculous. They've invested, what, close to a billion in two and a half windows now? "Insane" doesn't even begin to cover it.
I just think about sell on clause Roman put.They should invest in first team 1bn in ten years. They just spent it in 3 windows. Won't spend much after this window in my opinion.

mav_9me

I’m puzzled as to why Chelsea can continue to buy players. Not just the financials and FFP, but also that they can still attract players to their project. Objectively, I’d 100% go to Liverpool over Chelsea right now.
Esp for someone like Lavia. Only explanation is wages x long contracts.

Chief123

They’re set for life at Liverpool with a 4/5 year contract too?
Of course the money they earn nowadays yes, but if your being offered a 9 year contract compared to a 5 year contract from two teams at similar levels which one are you taking? Especially with the fact that Chelsea’s weekly wage offer will probably be more too. And probably a bigger sign on fee. It’s a no brainer for most players.

slored1

Chelsea are risking everything for unproven players. If they stink the place out, they have no way to be among the best in the league in the future. Massive financial implications too.

Chief123

Liverpool tried to swipe Caicedo and chelsea thought feck you…we’ll take the one we want and the one you want! :lol:

Mike Smalling

How much longer will Klopp realistically stay at Liverpool for? That’s the question that’s got to be asked, without him they could well fall down to a 10th-5th place club again.
Based on recent history, what’s the probability that he outlasts Pochettino at Chelsea, though? If there is short term uncertainty at Liverpool, there is perpetual uncertainty at Chelsea.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I don't really get this signing but we're properly fecking Liverpool again so I'm quite happy :lol:

PaudieG91

Supports
Liverpool
This is actually embarassing for Liverpool.

Dicking around 2m or 3m shy of 50m for Lavia for weeks. We then go up to 60m after Caicedo rejects us only to get rejected again.

I cannot understand how badly this summer has gone. How could we let both Fabinho and Henderson go without a guaranteed plan to replace them.

I feel for Klopp. His last few years at Liverpool should have been pushing on trying to compete with City. We will be lucky to compete with Newcastle the way things are going.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus fecking Christ what did Liverpool ever do to Clearlake? This seems like bullying for the sake of bullying. :lol:

I'm not convinced we even need Lavia, just seems a bit overkill to have Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Gallagher and Santos competing for the same two positions in the team while also having the new boy Ugochukwu waiting in the sidelines (probably loaned to Strasbourg for the season now).

If Gallagher gets sold then Lavia would be a good replacement but after Conor's performance last night against the scousers I'm not sure if that's a move we should be making. Gallagher's already fully settled in and Poch seems to like him so why change things? Lavia has great potential but will he reach it if he's stuck on the bench behind Enzo and Caicedo most of the time?

So yeah can't say I'm a big fan of the move but the scouse tears sure are funny.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Going chelsea!
So that's Caicedo, Lavia and Fernandez they could've potentially signed. Edwards was in charge last summer and it seems like he just kicked the can down the road for others to sort out, whilst he tied up the Nunez signing. Their failure to sign a midfielder last summer is the reason they're having problems now. You can't be going into a transfer window needing 3 starting midfield players.

Last edited:

mav_9me

So that's Caicedo, Lavia and Fernandez they could've potentially signed. Edwards was in charge last summer and it seems like he just kicked the can for others to sort out, whilst he tied up the Nunez signing. Their failure to sign a midfielder last summer is the reason they're having problems now. You can't be going into a transfer window needing 3 starting midfield players.

That is just so damning. They are turning out to be as bad as us under Woodward

Erics_Collar

Chelsea have been after Lavia for a while and made it be clear that they wanted both him and Caicedo.

Liverpool seemingly abandoned their pursuit of Lavia last week, only to reignite it again now that Caicedo was gone.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lavia was insulted by that and didn't want to join them.

Chief123

So that's Caicedo, Lavia and Fernandez they could've potentially signed. Edwards was in charge last summer and it seems like he just kicked the can for others to sort out, whilst he tied up the Nunez signing. Their failure to sign a midfielder last summer is the reason they're having problems now. You can't be going into a transfer window needing 3 starting midfield players.

Clinging on to the hope of signing Bellingham for the last 3 years really has hurt them.

Dazzmondo

Jesus fecking Christ what did Liverpool ever do to Clearlake? This seems like bullying for the sake of bullying. :lol:

I'm not convinced we even need Lavia, just seems a bit overkill to have Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Gallagher and Santos competing for the same two positions in the team while also having the new boy Ugochukwu waiting in the sidelines (probably loaned to Strasbourg for the season now).

If Gallagher gets sold then Lavia would be a good replacement but after Conor's performance last night against the scousers I'm not sure if that's a move we should be making. Gallagher's already fully settled in and Poch seems to like him so why change things? Lavia has great potential but will he reach it if he's stuck on the bench behind Enzo and Caicedo most of the time?

So yeah can't say I'm a big fan of the move but the scouse tears sure are funny.
I think it makes more sense with the Nkunku injury. You can play Caicedo and Lavia/Gallagher with Enzo in the 10 until Nkunku comes back.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This whole “why would any young player choose the Chelsea project over Liverpool” stuff I keep seeing here and on Twitter is very puzzling to me.

Of course I’m biased as a Chelsea supporter but it seems pretty clear to me that we have a brighter outlook than Liverpool do. Many of their best and key players like Salah, VVD, Alisson, and Robertson are all 30+ and in VVd’s and Robertson’s cases have already showed signs of decline. In a couple of years time several of them could be on their last legs. Klopp has also publicly flirted with retirement in recent times. They’ll need major surgery soon to replace some top players which they’re already struggling to do now with Henderson and Fabinho.

Meanwhile, just about all of our key players are in their early 20’s and won’t even be hitting their primes any time soon.

Rolaholic

Enzo will be getting best in the league shouts in short order with the amount of freedom he'll be afforded in that midfield...

Woodzy

Even if Chelsea are operating within the rules they need to be changed now. They are pretty much destroying an already broken transfer market.

The good news is out all the rival managers to piss off, Klopp may just be the worst. He’s going to be very vocal about this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Imagine if Chelsea still miss out on top 4. Would be absolutely hilarious.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Called it a few weeks ago that chelsea would get both and some people didn't believe me. Chelsea now has the right balance they need in their midfield.

Now their attack is the only standout issue. Seems like they may go for olise, who is seen as a creator. But, unless jackson starts firing at all cylinder they need another goalscorer till nkunku is back. Sterling isn't that goalscorer :lol:

Coxy

Of course the money they earn nowadays yes, but if your being offered a 9 year contract compared to a 5 year contract from two teams at similar levels which one are you taking? Especially with the fact that Chelsea’s weekly wage offer will probably be more too. And probably a bigger sign on fee. It’s a no brainer for most players.
I take your point - and yeah most players. But I’d rather choose the better manager and better club, rather than the more money (when you’re getting amazing money anyway)

stw2022

So many "x club was offered this player for a lot less than he's being sold for" stories following every transfer now. The strategy for clubs can't be to sign every player offered just in case in a year or two their value unexplainably balloons. Yeah there'll be the odd one that 'got away' but I'd sooner not sign someone for £5m that 18 months later is worth 20x that, than buy every £5m player agents offer us on the off chance one in fifty might be worth a fortune

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
All the managers are going to stick it in to Chelsea as the season progresses. This is too many many players all at once. The probability of players creating a mess in the dressing room is so high now with all those names vying to be on the team sheet week in and out and no European football. Also being a very volatile club always at the verge of trouble, you wouldn't put it past them to go absolutely mental positively or negatively this season. It's either up or down, no middles with Chelsea. I really do hope Todd knows what he is doing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Imagine if Chelsea still miss out on top 4. Would be absolutely hilarious.
I don't think it's that unlikely either. Not hard to imagine City, Arsenal, Liverpool and ourselves finishing ahead of them. Plus Newcastle lurking as well.