Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We have a pretty good record buying from relegated clubs, so that part I am not so worried by.

Lavia would make a lot more sense coming in to phase out someone like Henderson though. As it stands he's being thrown into deep waters.
Yes. He's a ways off being ready and certainly shouldn't be the player others are relying on to carry them or a midfield. At least as a supplemental cog, he would have the chance to grow whilst bigger names bore the brunt of the attention and pressure whilst also mentoring him.

Even if you manage to sign him, he's not enough by himself to hold down or sort a midfield, unless he has some freakish coming of age season, anyway.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Well yeah, now we have this info. We didn't before. Im enjoying the DM transfer window, next up Samgare. Though the Lavia story is still not complete yet and all that may end up happening is both Chelsea and Liverpool get their original targets but for hugely inflated prices because they bid eachother up in an already inflated market :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If they miss out on Lavia then they might look at Palhinha or Zubimendi (who the Caf were raving about as being better than Caicedo earlier in the summer). They could practically get either for the same money. Pretty sure they'll get one (or two if they spend all the Caicedo money) before the end of the window.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Palhinha makes a lot more sense after losing Fabinho and Henderson. If they get Lavia their midfield 3 would be 19, 21, and 24. Lots of legs but not much experience!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t see us going for Palhinha.

He’s 28, currently injured and will cost a fortune.

Apparently, our newfound sporting director is doing his work from a sun bed in Ibiza as well.

Whoever’s in charge of things needs sacking.

FriedClams

How on earth are Chelsea going to pass FFP.
simon Jordan explains it really well today. Essentially, it’s MASSIVELY dependent on the team doing well on the field, and getting new sponsors in. If those things don’t happen, then they are well and truly fecked

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
simon Jordan explains it really well today. Essentially, it’s MASSIVELY dependent on the team doing well on the field, and getting new sponsors in. If those things don’t happen, then they are well and truly fecked
Doing well on the field. Not gonna happen.

New 'sponsors' putting in ridiculous amounts from the Middle East, yep that was always the plan.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Good lord, how many players are these blue bastards signing?!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know we all hate Liverpool and all but it's weird as hell that they're getting rejected for Chelsea, twice now. And for a player who would be starter vs bench. What are they offering behind the scenes here that makes this Chelsea more appealable than Klopp?

Gandalf

The level of petty from Boehly at this point is spectacular.

I am convinced the intital bid for Lavia was done to try and get Brighton to sell Caicedo at the price Chelsea wanted but then Liverpool went steaming in with their monster Caicedo bid seemingly in response to Chelsea bidding on their target and ended up pumping up the Caicedo price. Boehly deciding to go all in and buy both at massive prices seems to be more about spite and less about sensible team building, I don't believe the interest in Lavia was genuine until Liverpool messed with his plans.

Castia

Should have gone Liverpool, he would start 40 games this season

That Chelsea squad is a complete mess. Feels like they have a squad of 50 players, 45 bought within the last 12 months. I think Lavia will be a top player but I’m not sure how he will do at Chelsea

Alemar

Lavia too. I genuinely think the only option for Liverpool that remains is McTominay for 45m - unless Chelsea hijack that too

Abraxas

It's...a bit odd? Seems like there are so many opportunities to play at Liverpool, at least from where I'm sitting. They didn't operate with anyone of Lavia's profile against Chelsea. Which means a relatively clear run at game time.

I still think they'll do better than Chelsea as well, so I struggle to see the sporting merit. Chelsea must be chucking some dough around.

Someone

Something
Liverpool fecked around too much with this deal. They should've closed it weeks ago.

Think they'll go for a big name statement signing now. The money is there, but not sure who's available.