Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

FriedClams

Liverpool fecked around too much with this deal. They should've closed it weeks ago.

Think they'll go for a big name statement signing now. The money is there, but not sure who's available.
They desperately need a DM.

saivet

Liverpool fecked around too much with this deal. They should've closed it weeks ago.

Think they'll go for a big name statement signing now. The money is there, but not sure who's available.
Not sure there are any big names out there to get. They'll be options but they've fecked this up.

Infestissumam

as much as I love to laugh at Liverpool, what Chelsea are doing is fecking ridiculous. They've invested, what, close to a billion in two and a half windows now? "Insane" doesn't even begin to cover it.

FriedClams

Doing well on the field. Not gonna happen.

New 'sponsors' putting in ridiculous amounts from the Middle East, yep that was always the plan.
on the field remains to be seen, but yeah, it’s very dodgy off the field

Alemar

as much as I love to laugh at Liverpool, what Chelsea are doing is fecking ridiculous. They've invested, what, close to a billion in two and a half windows now? "Insane" doesn't even begin to cover it.
They are also - reportedly - closing 45m deal for winger Olise and about 20m for a young Brazilian attacker

Matst1

What’s Sangare like? Feel like he was talked about a lot on here before, could he be an option for them?

Castia

Yep 12 months

The club and squad is just unrecognisable. The fans must have lost all connection to its players because apart from a few they’re all brand new

It’s beyond ridiculous at this point

Nick7

He’s an idiot for going to Chelsea and Liverpool are idiots for not closing this transfer weeks ago.

IamBurnsey

They need a new word to describe what Chelsea have been doing in recent years

Castia

Are they over inflating fees so they can pay over a long period of time or something? they’re not even in the CL and have spent a billion in 12 months

Something doesn’t add up. Bizarre seeing these 8+ year contracts as well

LM7

Supports
chelsea
Chelsea actually put in a bid for Lavia for 50M last year. They have been chasing him for a while as Joe Shields is a huge admirer of Lavia.

Mike Smalling

I’m puzzled as to why Chelsea can continue to buy players. Not just the financials and FFP, but also that they can still attract players to their project. Objectively, I’d 100% go to Liverpool over Chelsea right now.

Erics_Collar

Lavia wouldn't exactly be struggling to pay his bills if he signed for Liverpool, and with the right approach would be set for life. But even if both clubs offered the same salary, it's very hard to turn down the 6/7/8 year contracts that Chelsea are offering.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Worth it to wind up Liverpool fans though innit
That particular dopamine hit lasts for maybe a day, and then I'm back trying to figure out what we can do about the midfield logjam all of a sudden.

We have Santos, who is a brilliant talent and we just spent just over 25M on Ugochukwu as as well as Caicedo of course.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I really really hope this Chelsea money experiment implodes

FriedClams

I don’t fully understand personally, but this is as good as I’ve seen it explained.

Chief123

I’m puzzled as to why Chelsea can continue to buy players. Not just the financials and FFP, but also that they can still attract players to their project. Objectively, I’d 100% go to Liverpool over Chelsea right now.
Like I’ve said before, It’s not hard to attract players when your giving them 8/9 year contracts. They are set for life from a young age. Any serious injury any time soon and they are good for 9 years regardless.

Any top club can do what Chelsea are doing but not many want to take the risks involved in that strategy and understandably so.

mav_9me

simon Jordan explains it really well today. Essentially, it’s MASSIVELY dependent on the team doing well on the field, and getting new sponsors in. If those things don’t happen, then they are well and truly fecked
This tweet argues how Simon Jordan got it wrong...

Coxy

Like I’ve said before, It’s not hard to attract players when your giving them 8/9 year contracts. They are set for life from a young age. Any serious injury any time soon and they are good for 9 years regardless.

Any top club can do what Chelsea are doing but not many want to take the risks involved in that strategy and understandably so.
They’re set for life at Liverpool with a 4/5 year contract too?

Amsterdam Devil

How can Chelsea keep spending so much money? Almost 1 billion euro spend now in less than a year if Caicedo and Lavia join Chelsea.