Ronald Araújo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthanksbye

Smalling was fast and athletic.....he just could not pass a ball to save his life.
Yeah, I meant to say, much like Smalling, build and athleticism. Araujo's passing range is really good too, but that's not a surprise because he's a Masia product.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The weird thing with Smalling was that in his first season he wasn’t bad with the ball at all. After that, he just seemed to turn into this bomb scare with it at his feet

macheda14

The weird thing with Smalling was that in his first season he wasn’t bad with the ball at all. After that, he just seemed to turn into this bomb scare with it at his feet
God I always have this image of him receiving the ball on his left foot and instead of passing it with his left, or even shifting it onto his right, he just shuffled awkwardly around the ball so that he could then play it with his right.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yep. Looked like the answer at right-back at one point. Hilarious.

NoPace

Yeah, I meant to say, much like Smalling, build and athleticism. Araujo's passing range is really good too, but that's not a surprise because he's a Masia product.
I haven't seen much of him from a passing point of view, he's certainly miles behind Pique and Garcia, but his speed and strength and defending are all really good.

Not sure he makes as much sense if we're going with Ten Hag, who likes his defenders to pass and be able to move wide and we already have Varane as a traditional CB type.

If Pochettino ends up the manager I think he's a great signing.

Red_toad

We coached that ability out of him, we've been improving on making players worse for some time now... Thankfully Araujo is used to playing under 'big club' pressure, so he shouldn't shat his pants after a few months here.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
What does that even mean :lol:
It almost sounds like something that's got lost in translation, like Barca have made a final, non-negotiable offer that they won't budge on.

SAF is the GOAT

A lot of people saying he's injury prone, so we are replacing Baily with another one ?

Its reported that we offered him 8m, how much is it per week ?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A lot of people saying he's injury prone, so we are replacing Baily with another one ?

Its reported that we offered him 8m, how much is it per week ?
I remember watching Barcelona and he scored a great winning heading goal (offside) in 80th mins and he celebrated by sliding and end up injured himself. Probably cramp. Don't think he's an injury prone, hard to judge it now whether he's injury prone or no. But he only missed 7 games so far this season due to injuries considered he's Barcelona regular defender, that's not bad at all. https://www.transfermarkt.com/ronald-araujo/verletzungen/spieler/480267 Someone like Bailly could miss the whole season.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No, he isn't. He joined Barca B aged 19, three years after his pro debut and with two full seasons in Uruguay's top division under his belt. Is Giménez an Atlético product? He joined them aged 18 with one season under his belt.

A year later they both started playing regularly. We go sign Pellistri in similar circumstances and there he is rotting at a loan club with fans discussing how he should be loaned to the Championship next.

He is starting for his NT under immense pressure and delivering. You know who used to do that? Giménez, stepping up to fill in for captain Lugano in make or break qualifiers and then starting at the 2014 World Cup... with a single pro game for Atlético under his belt.

For some reason there's always some convoluted pathway to playing for us at senior level. The only surefire way to get into our XI is turning 32 or so.

When you sign talented players, just play them, it's not that fecking hard really.

What does that even mean :lol:
Inamovible: non-negotiable, take it or leave it, won't budge... Immovable if you are google translate.

SATA

After the Varane transfer to United, i can honestly say anything can happen and it may not be such a simple contract ploy anymore :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
For this type of signing, I won’t believe it until tier 1 or 2 says we are in and getting closer. It’s way too good to be true. World class CB potential though.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Liverpool getting roped into the rumours tells me this is just agent talk to push the contract offer up. No way they'd offer £8mill for him.

El Jefe

Was the most bizarre turn of events. I'd go as far as saying he was very good with the ball in his first season. I remember some calling him Smallingbauer on here at the time. He became inexplicably bad not just with his passing but his composure on the ball.

Tallis

We should totally sign this guy if he can. Worth €60m plus. Then I would also take one of their other CBs backup and get rid of Bailly and Maguire.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can rarely go wrong with a Uruguayan centre-half tbh.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That's a massive 'if'.
Is it? Christensen is all but done and they were pictured with Rudiger's agents the other day.

Is Araujo available on a free this summer? Or would there be a fee involved?

Jericholyte2

Is it? Christensen is all but done and they were pictured with Rudiger's agents the other day.

Is Araujo available on a free this summer? Or would there be a fee involved?
Contract runs out summer ‘23.

Status
Not open for further replies.