Ronaldinho vs Zidane

Chiring

Is it true that when Cantona was retiring he had advised SAF about Zidane saying that he should go for him...???
P.S. Thanks Jeffchin....great clip...

shyamg22

yeah supposedly cantona tipped fergie about trying to go for zidane on a free or for very little money when zidane was at cannes. he's the one player if united had got, we probably would have more CL trophies because we would've had keane and zidane in their primes absolutely dominating midfield like never before.

Phil

Seeing Ronaldinho there in full action is beyond belief, makes me hate cuddly Pete that much more. :)

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
shyamg22 said:
yeah supposedly cantona tipped fergie about trying to go for zidane on a free or for very little money when zidane was at cannes. he's the one player if united had got, we probably would have more CL trophies because we would've had keane and zidane in their primes absolutely dominating midfield like never before.
Yeh but I remember he got injured or something and we signed Karel Pobrosky

ricardinho

right now ronaldinho is better,i think zidane´s better days are behind him

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
unfair...ronaldhinio at his prime(probabily) and zidane though still a genious coming towards the end of his career

s0 necessary

^ euh no.. zidane was the best current player, and ronaldinho now is. ronaldo is a very promising youngster like so many. but best in the world? no (not yet).

lagostin

Ronaldinho most of what he did was in the French league..If you see it what he did in the Spanish league(those passes went to no one or he didnt cross the ball)Zidane did it in the Serie A.

Number7

Ret's Slave
lagostin said:
Ronaldinho most of what he did was in the French league..If you see it what he did in the Spanish league(those passes went to no one or he didnt cross the ball)Zidane did it in the Serie A.
:lol:
Ronaldinho was the best player in La Liga last year.

shyamg22

ronaldihno might have a better eye for goal but zidane's vision is still unparalleld, passing, and is a better pure finisher and more 2 footed than ronaldihno. ronaldinho has more pace and tricks probably but zidane is just so calm n' smooth on the ball and isn't all that bad in the air either. ronaldihno might be more effective than zidane now, but one their best days, i'd still take zidane (which is a testament to his class over the long haul because he's been at the top of the game for a while now).

Number7

Ret's Slave
In Zidanes day he was the best footballer in the world, and imo the current Ronaldinho couldn't match the Zidane of 5 years ago, but on form last season, atm I'd say Goofy's better.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
fecking hell do those 2 know how to control a ball, great clips there mate

karan316

Zinedine Zidane at his best... I've never seen anything like that in my lifetime.

Great video btw. There was also another Zidane compilation posted I think in the video thread in the transfers forum. Pretty long and excellent quality. Worth a look.

Smash-E

:(:( Both players could have been playing at United :(:(:(

Watching that makes me feel sick. If only I had skills like that...