Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Its a mistake in the heat of the moment. Shit happens. Cantona kung-fu kicked someone in the crowd. Its a phone ffs. Most of us have done shit like this in the heat of a moment.

Nobody is perfect. Give him a fine to give to the parents(which is probably what they want) and get on with it.

On a side note, there shoul be a bigger distance between the players and crowd. Having players receive that kind of vitriol so close to them is crazy.

Eric attacked a racist, it was and is still the morally correct thing to do.

Ronaldo broke a child's phone.

Hmmm

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Yes he messed up, clearly frustrated but Im sure he wasn't looking for the first autistic kid he spotted to beat the crap out of. Its no wonder other fans rip the piss out of us when we cant wait to do it to ourselves. We should rename this place the woke cafe

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why are you saying this? Elaborate please.
I'm saying the tabloids picked up on this already to make the story more juicier, as it's obviously a worse look to have slapped a disabled kid than it is already to slap a child. It's not rocket science is it?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Why are you saying this? Elaborate please.

Sarah shared pictures with the ECHO which appear to show bruising to Jake's hand as well as a phone with a smashed screen. She added: "You can see by the bruise that he’s made contact. I just can’t believe I’m talking about it."

Sarah said that the incident left Jake, who is autistic and has dyspraxia, in "complete shock" and it ruined his first match at Goodison, she said: "I was crying, I was shook up, Jacob was in complete shock - he’s autistic and he’s got dyspraxia as well, so he didn’t really digest what was happening until he’s come home now.

"He’s really upset about it and it’s completely put him off going to the game again. This is the first football game he’s been to and this has happened. We had an absolutely brilliant day up until those final few seconds when they came off the pitch. It’s completely ruined the day and put a bad taste in our mouth."

She said: "He’s an idol. Yes, he’s not from Everton and you like who you like, but Ronaldo’s a big player. My son’s always been like 'Ronaldo’s going to be there' - he’s an icon. I’d understand if Jake was waving it in his face but he wasn’t near his face, it was down by the floor checking his injury."

She added: "He’s an autistic boy and he’s been assaulted by a football player, that’s how I see it as a mum."

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yes he messed up, clearly frustrated but Im sure he wasn't looking for the first autistic kid he spotted to beat the crap out of. Its no wonder other fans rip the piss out of us when we cant wait to do it to ourselves. We should rename this place the woke cafe
Yeah that's right, it's woke to not want adults to take their petty frustrations out on children's property.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
This thread is a bit of a joke, already we've had the kid called an asshole and the mum a golddigger

RonaldoVII

If you’re talking about the Ronaldo incident, the incident happened less than 24 hours ago. Unless the police actually saw it themselves I’m sure it would have to be officially reported, then prioritised, then looked into. I personally think it’s a nothing incident and will be forgotten in a few days without any police or club involvement, but I hardly think the police are dragging their feet.
That is what I'm referring to. There were loads of police there and I suspect most of them saw it. Presume they all thought it was a non-incident too or one would've done something about it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Just curious, as I am not from England - is it a crime or illegal to film a player like the kid at the location? A felony or misdemeanor even? I get that it could be viewed as disrespectful, just wanted to know if it could be more to it than that!

I dont know if the kid just was excited to see Ronaldo in flesh and wanted to film him and keep it as a memory, or if he was being disrespectful, that remains to be seen.
Why the hell would it be disrespectful, or even criminal :lol:, to be filming a football player at a football game. Have you ever wondered about by what magic way of mediation you and me are watching these games, and why players are paid so much?
"Invading his privacy" :lol: oh man

JB7

It's no excuse for the conduct whatsoever obviously but I was talking to someone before the game how odd it was that the netting came down on the away fans side of the tunnel rather than the home fans side, given that was specifically only used by the away players. Just invites incidents surely.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
No

So to save time instead of giving out high 5s or slaps he combined them? Crafty

In relation to Ronaldo the autism thing isn't a factor, it's not like he would have known and I don't think that specific aspect can be held aganst him. For the kid himself it does make a difference though, it was his first ever football game and they can be stressful enough without being neurodivergent, so to get your phone slapped out of your hand by one of the players is pretty fecking shit. Hopefully it doesn't spoil going to games for him.
I didn't really know much about whether the kid was autistic or not when I responded to @Lightbringer - I mistakingly assumed that it was just heresay at the time. So apologies to @Lightbringer and I promise I won't go around smashing people's phones like our legendary dickhead did to this kid's one.

First football game and this happens? fecking hell. There's obviously no way of Ronaldo knowing anything like this about the kid but at the end of the day that's not really much of a defense for smashing someone's phone. I don't care if people around him were calling him names. Hell, the kid himself could hurl insults and I still wouldn't expect someone twice his age to react the way that Ronaldo did. If he's frustrated by the team's performance then his response needs to be on the pitch, and this diva shite that plagues out club needs firmly fecked the feck out of the place.

Wilt

What would be the take if a fan slapped Ronaldo‘s phone out of his hand ….police inquiry? fan banned for life?

Deery

Dreary
I don’t understand how the back of the kids hand is bruised if he was holding a phone, won’t it be the palm of his hand that was hit?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What would be the take if a fan slapped Ronaldo‘s phone out of his hand ….police inquiry? fan banned for life?
The same take if you slapped my phone out of my hand - closed door trial followed by a firing squad out back.

Okay, maybe not that harsh but at the very least a ban and inquiry. It really shouldn't matter who the perpetrator and the victim is. The crime itself is the main factor and property damage as well as assault isn't a minor thing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don’t understand how the back of the kids hand is bruised if he was holding a phone, won’t it be the palm of his hand that was hit?
Phone in palm, facing down to get a shot of Ronnie's leg, so the back of the hand would be facing upwards?

Deery

Dreary
Phone in palm, facing down to get a shot of Ronnie's leg, so the back of the hand would be facing upwards?
Aye I suppose. Depends which way you hold a phone, I’d have the back of my hand facing the ground but can understand someone holding it that way as well.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I didn't really know much about whether the kid was autistic or not when I responded to @Lightbringer - I mistakingly assumed that it was just heresay at the time. So apologies to @Lightbringer and I promise I won't go around smashing people's phones like our legendary dickhead did to this kid's one.

First football game and this happens? fecking hell. There's obviously no way of Ronaldo knowing anything like this about the kid but at the end of the day that's not really much of a defense for smashing someone's phone. I don't care if people around him were calling him names. Hell, the kid himself could hurl insults and I still wouldn't expect someone twice his age to react the way that Ronaldo did. If he's frustrated by the team's performance then his response needs to be on the pitch, and this diva shite that plagues out club needs firmly fecked the feck out of the place.
Oh yeah I didn't mean it as an indictment of you or what you were saying, as that's often the way it goes and I'd agree with what you'd said . Just giving context as to what the kid's mum has said and how it pertained to the situation.

As for Ronaldo I completely agree regarding the neurodivergence factor. He had no way of knowing and I don't think it's something that should be factored in against him. I don't think it's the end of the world or anything but I do think he was in the wrong for the reasons you outlined. Hopefully kid gets a new phone and a good time at the next game!

Deery

Dreary
Why the feck would he invite an Everton fan to Old Trafford as an apology? These lot really are so out of touch with reality, he’s a petulant attention seeker.
It’s probably the most convenient place to meet like, he’s hardly going to rock up at Goodison.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Oh the kids an Everton supporter. Literally couldn't care less now.