g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Why the feck would he invite an Everton fan to Old Trafford as an apology? These lot really are so out of touch with reality, he’s a petulant attention seeker.
It's very odd to see someone with the username Ronaldo's ego who has an issue with Ronaldo's ego. You need a disclaimer or something as your tagline. :lol:

Barthez

OK, so you would be fine if all of our players smashed phones and bruised autistic children after each game?
Emotions run high. Like I said, complete non event. That hand next time might have a knife in it. I would have probably done the same.

Deery

Dreary
Seriously, if you are using your phone as a camera, the back of your hand is facing the subject?
Even if it’s at that angle, seems the damage to the young lads hand is pretty severe for the angle Ronaldo slaps down at, but there’s no way to really know. Just a bit sceptical..

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Emotions run high. Like I said, complete non event. That hand next time might have a knife in it. I would have probably done the same.
Wtf? An autistic child with a knife at football matches? Is that normal in England?...

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Even if it’s at that angle, seems the damage to the young lads hand is pretty severe for the angle Ronaldo slaps down at, but there’s no way to really know. Just a bit sceptical..
Highly muscular professional athlete strikes child and leaves bruise. Not that much of a stretch?

Barthez

Wtf? An autistic child with a knife at football matches? Is that normal in England?...
Forget the Autistic element for a moment as it’s a red herring. How on earth is he supposed to know the kid is autistic? - this is all about the parents wanting a pay out….

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Forget the Autistic element for a moment as it’s a red herring. How on earth is he supposed to know the kid is autistic? - this is all about the parents wanting a pay out….
You are right, the autism is irrelevant. You don't hit kids that aren't autistic either.

Barthez

You are right, the autism is irrelevant. You don't hit kids that aren't autistic either.
Give up, he didn’t hit nobody!! - Let’s see if he’s charged with assult. If he is then fair play to your initial opinion. Parents went to the newspaper, I wonder why that was!!! Ummmm let me see.
££££££££££

Lightbringer

If you’re talking about the Ronaldo incident, the incident happened less than 24 hours ago. Unless the police actually saw it themselves I’m sure it would have to be officially reported, then prioritised, then looked into. I personally think it’s a nothing incident and will be forgotten in a few days without any police or club involvement, but I hardly think the police are dragging their feet.
Kind of a weird thing to write when a police investigation is already open since 6 hours back with Manchester United co-operating with the police - its certainly not "a nothing incident". Its possible you have different kind of morals where you think this type of incident is OK, but obviously the police and club see things differently and probably the law as well.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Police investigate after Manchester United player appears to slap boy's phone out of his hand

"A spokesperson for Merseyside Police has now said: "We can confirm that we are liaising with Manchester United Football Club and Everton FC following reports of an alleged assault at the Everton v Manchester United football match at Goodison.

"As players were leaving the pitch at 2.30pm, it was reported that a boy was assaulted by one of the away team as they left the pitch."

https://news.sky.com/story/cristian...g-to-slap-boys-phone-out-of-his-hand-12586859

And Manchester United has been investigating Ronaldo since 16 hours back:

Manchester United investigating Cristiano Ronaldo for swatting fan’s phone

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/manch...ng-cristiano-ronaldo-for-swatting-fans-phone/

sirAlexsglasses

Shut up. Delete this!

He’s an amazing human who does lots for charity.
100 this, yes it was stupid and I’ll bet he regrets it massively, what this guy does for charities, and pays for children’s operations and wishes no media exposure from himself is untrue. He has a winners mentality and yet still remains grounded, people need to give him a break FFS.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Give up, he didn’t hit nobody!! - Let’s see if he’s charged with assult. If he is then fair play to your initial opinion. Parents went to the newspaper, I wonder why that was!!! Ummmm let me see.
££££££££££
OK, He knocked the kids phone out of their hand, thats just not cool.

JB7

Kind of a weird thing to write when a police investigation is already open since 6 hours back with Manchester United co-operating with the police - its certainly not "a nothing incident". Its possible you have different kind of morals where you think this type of incident is OK, but obviously the police and club see things differently and probably the law as well.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Police investigate after Manchester United player appears to slap boy's phone out of his hand

"A spokesperson for Merseyside Police has now said: "We can confirm that we are liaising with Manchester United Football Club and Everton FC following reports of an alleged assault at the Everton v Manchester United football match at Goodison.

"As players were leaving the pitch at 2.30pm, it was reported that a boy was assaulted by one of the away team as they left the pitch."

https://news.sky.com/story/cristian...g-to-slap-boys-phone-out-of-his-hand-12586859

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/manch...ng-cristiano-ronaldo-for-swatting-fans-phone/
To be fair I could ring the police now and say "Lightbringer from RedCafe has assaulted me and smash my phone" and they'd technically have to investigate it. I'm not saying this won't go anywhere but the statements are just saying they've had a report of it and are looking into it.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

I understand what you’re saying; I don’t think what he did paints him in a good light at all, I just think nothing will come of it save perhaps an apology, which he’s already kind of given. Might be wrong though.